News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

SATs

Started by Dog Food, May 02, 2010, 07:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

Of course, but the list was general. Also, you can replace "SAT scores" with standardized test scores; thank you for reminding/correcting me.

In any case, you've piqued my curiosity and I'll soon be looking for that list. I'll share it with you if it's anything good.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

bluaki

Though only similar to SATs, I got my ACT scores last night. All score numbers are on a 1-36 scale and percentiles are national unless otherwise indicated:
English: 25 (79%)
Reading: 28 (85%)
Science: 26 (89%)
Math: 35 (99%)
Essay: 6/12 (33%)
Composite/Overall: 29 (94% National or 97% State/Florida)

The ACT gives much less time than SAT; Math is the only section for which they give exactly one minute per question and all others give 30~50 seconds per question. The Science section includes 7 large passages each with an experiment's extended explanation and several related graphs and simple questions about the experiment but with only half an hour of time, so I didn't even touch the last two or so passages.

Quote from: Wedge on July 10, 2010, 09:38:14 PM
CR: 690 (intercourse )
M: 740 (wtf this is my best subject here)
W: 780 (no idea how this happened)
2210 Combined. Retaking in october for 2300 hopefully.
You're disappointed about a 690? My scores of 600/720/590 (1910) are somehow considered absolutely amazing by people at my school D:
I'm fairly sure the difference from 700~800 are usually only simple mistakes, which if true would explain your math and writing scores.

Wedge

The ACT and SAT are significantly different tests and your score on one will not usually be a useful predictor on the other. People are usually good at one or the other. Having never taken the ACT or a mock version thereof myself, I cannot personally compare, but being familiar with the SAT, I've decided to just stick with that. While 690/740/780 are by no means bad scores, they are not high enough for me to get into the colleges I want to go to, therefore I will be retaking the SAT. I'm going to try and hit 800 on either math or writing (or both) and get 750 on reading. I'd like a combined score of 2300 or higher, but getting at least one perfect score on a section exponentially increases your chance of getting admitted to the most selective colleges. For example, Dartmouth's acceptance rate is approximately 12-13% overall, yet people who score 800 on Critical Reading have a whopping 38-39% chance of being accepted.

Allegretto

My room mate got a 34 on the ACT.

Custom

I took the SAT once without studying or anything and got an above average score but it was still a poopty score so I said intercourse  it i'm going to jc ooololollololoolloollolololo

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Silverhawk79

I got a 32 on the ACTs without even trying.
intercourse  ninnyes get money

Light

Just took the PSAT. Getting up at six AM on a Saturday morning was a ninny.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Magnum

Oh right, this thing.

I got a 26 on my ACT. Now that I'm actually taking Algebra II this year, I expect to do better, getting at least a 28. Hoping to hit the 30's though.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Cornwad

Quote from: Light on October 16, 2010, 01:29:20 PM
Just took the PSAT. Getting up at six AM on a Saturday morning was a ninny.
I got to go into school at noon on a wednesday because all the noobs had to take the PSAT

YEAH

Java

Quote from: Cornwad on October 16, 2010, 07:25:05 PM
I got to go into school at noon on a wednesday because all the noobs had to take the PSAT

YEAH
I didn't have school at all because all the underclassmen had to take the PSAT.

YEAH

Cornwad

Quote from: Java on October 17, 2010, 09:37:29 AM
I didn't have school at all because all the underclassmen had to take the PSAT.

YEAH
I wouldn't have had to go in at all, but I had to take a hospital tour. It's still better than seven in the morning though.

YEAH

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Cornwad on October 20, 2010, 12:11:05 PM
I wouldn't have had to go in at all, but I had to take a hospital tour. It's still better than seven in the morning though.

YEAH
I can choose whether or not to go to class because I'm no longer in high school.

YEAH

RX-78-2

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 21, 2010, 10:28:55 AM
I can choose whether or not to go to class because I'm no longer in high school.

YEAH
I was gonna take the SAT a third time but said "screw it" and went to Comic Con instead.

YEAH
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Wedge

Guess who got a 2400

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.