Started by DSWiiMaster42, November 01, 2007, 03:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSWiiMaster42

Title: Metroid Prime Hunters
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo
Genre: FPS
ESRB Rating: Teen

Everyone (or at least most people) knows I'm a die-hard Metroid fan. Well one night back when I only had MKDS, DKR, Tetris DS, and SFC, I was thinking about getting another Wi-Fi game and because I love Metroid so much, I picked MPH. The next day I went to Gamestop and got the game, then went home and started playing it. It was my first game in the Prime series. I began in story mode so I could learn how to play and everything, but then I got stuck in this part with a green door and none of my weapons could blast through it so I quit, turned off my DS, and ate breakfast. Once I got done, I tried the online and it was awesome! But I kept getting killed though. Now here is my review for the game.

Story:
Uh...I skipped the intro so I don't know.

Graphics: 10/10
Best graphics on DS so far besides SFC. The 3D visuals are just mind-blowing for the DS.

Sound: 9/10
Like every Metroid game, the music is very Sci-Fi style. However you don't hear much music in story mode, only in selected parts you do.

Gameplay/Controls: 9.5/10
The single player is OK but the multiplayer (that counts for online too of course, I haven't tried local multiplayer because no one in my town owns a DS) is what makes the game fun. Most DS games that are FPS's have terrible controls (i.e. Goldeneye: Rogue Agent), but this one has the easiest controls on a DS FPS. Stylus aims, L button shoots, directional pad moves, and you can double-tap the touch screen to jump. If you're left-handed, don't worry. You can just change the controls in the options.

Overall: 9.5/10
This is one of the best games on DS (I don't played LoZ:PH yet). It is worth the $35, so please buy it!

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)

Luigi 64

private message me if you mant a sig!!!

DSWiiMaster42

Quote from: Luigi 64 on November 04, 2007, 08:25:59 PM
nice review!
Thank you. BTW, I made a typo at the end. I said "I don't played", but I meant to say haven't, not don't.

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)