News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

SONY HYPER FIGHTING PALS

Started by Doodle, November 01, 2011, 05:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

zephilicious

hey kids theres videos and poop now (look it up im a lazy ass)

good work sony its even more derivative than I expected
~~ <3

Nayrman

It looks ok. A very blatant smash bros. clone but eh, I don't really mind. Gives me a smash game to play by the end of the year at the very least. I just hope Sony has enough franchises that don't suck to really use here.

Also, I can't wait to absolutely beat the poop out of Nathan Drake, because the intercourse er deserves it.

Neerb

I'm not too upset about it being a Smash clone, mainly because I loved the heck out of the relatively mediocre Digimon Rumble Arena 2. Smash clones aren't as fun as Smash, but they're still fun sometimes.

ANYWAY, apparently this thing will be getting 3rd parties, so I imagine Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy would be two of the first series to sign on. Would be weird for Snake to be in Nintendo AND Sony Smash; if he could only pick one, I'd miss him from Nintendo Smash, but I suppose he'd be more fit for Sony.

Nayrman

I don't see why he can't be in both. Snake was in a smash-ish fighting game before and Nintendo had no problem letting him in.

I'm confident Snake will return to smash purely due to Sakurai still making the series now.

I hadn't read third parties, but then again I tend to gloss over articles. It'd be cool to see a greater mix of characters, and hopefully that means Crash (who isn't owned by Sony anymore) and Spyro can be in the game, as those were the two most well known ones from the PS1 days.

The Riddler

Parappa
    Kratos
    Fat Princess
    Sweet Tooth
    Sly Cooper
    Colonel Radec

Zero

Jak and Daxter better be in this

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on April 27, 2012, 08:12:43 AM
I don't see why he can't be in both. Snake was in a smash-ish fighting game before and Nintendo had no problem letting him in.

I'm confident Snake will return to smash purely due to Sakurai still making the series now.

I hadn't read third parties, but then again I tend to gloss over articles. It'd be cool to see a greater mix of characters, and hopefully that means Crash (who isn't owned by Sony anymore) and Spyro can be in the game, as those were the two most well known ones from the PS1 days.

Holy crap I forgot about them. Insomniac and Naughty Dog's first contributions to Sony... and they've made a new major series every gen since then (Spyro-Ratchet & Clank-Resistance; Crash-Jak-Uncharted). If Spyro and Crash made it in, that would be awesome... too bad neither of them have good games anymore.

zephilicious

Quote from: The True Nicolas Cage on April 27, 2012, 12:15:19 PM
too bad neither of them have good games anymore.

the same can be said for most of the characters in smash bros.
~~ <3

Neerb

Quote from: zephilicious on April 27, 2012, 12:48:23 PM
the same can be said for most of the characters in smash bros.

There's a difference; most Smash characters haven't had any games period this gen, or at least recently; Spyro and Crash, on the other hand, have both been around multiple times this gen and simply suck every time.

Zero

Skylanders is a huge success though. It could happen.

Neerb

Quote from: Z on April 27, 2012, 01:29:41 PM
Skylanders is a huge success though. It could happen.

Skylanders felt more like a brand new series that happened to have Spyro in it, like a washed-up comic artist doing an appearance for the opening of a new comic shop.

Qsmash

This game looks like ass, holy poop. The only way to make kills is by using supers which really kills it for me.

also Fat Princess? Why?

zephilicious

fat princess is the best thing about this so far
~~ <3

Neerb

You guys wanna change the title? Anyways, I got to play a demo, and man, this game is WAY more fun than I thought it would be. It's much more fluid than it looked in the early videos, killing with supers is more fun and natural than you'd think, and it's happily simple in its button-mashing brawling. Square, Triangle, and Circle are all different attack buttons, and each has Smash Bros-style attacks based on the stick's position: neutral, four directional, dash, neutral aerial, and four directional aerial. So, basically, there's no "regular" attack button, no complex dashing and dodging, none of the fancy fisticuffs and swordplay and combo-slaughter that the great Smash players pull off; it's just three Special Attack buttons with around 9 attacks each, resulting in a beautifully chaotic fight where any given character could whip out a huge variety of weapons or melee attacks.

The roster is a tad disappointing, as the 20 on the website are confirmed to be the only characters unless they release DLC, but I'm definitely getting this game when I can.