News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Please Explain Which is TF2 is Better: PC or Xbox 360?

Started by RX-78-2, April 26, 2009, 11:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

I own TF2 for Xbox 360 and I must say that I'm enjoying this board very much. However, I heard that most, if not all of you fellow TF2 players have it for PC. I just got it with The Orange Box. Is the PC version better? If so, please explain how. I think the Xbox 360 version is good. There's nothing wrong with it, but I've never played the PC TF2 so I can't make a good comparison. Note that I did not say that one is better than the other.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Mario583

Pc version = unlockable weapons, game play fixes and tweaks, more maps, less bugs, and skins.
X360 version = Unlockable wepons, HELLOFALOTTA BUGS, less maps, gameplay fixes?

Silverhawk79

PC version has way more content, and is updated first over the 360 version.

Mario583

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on April 26, 2009, 01:36:45 PM
PC version has way more content, and is updated first over the 360 version.
Also,
QuoteThe XBox 360 update is still being worked on. If you're wondering what's taking so long, since the content is "done" on the PC already, it's mostly been around fitting it all onto the XBox. The original version of TF2 in the Orange Box was very close to the XBox's memory limit, and all the additional TF2 content we've produced has pushed well beyond it. We've found a couple of nifty ways to get back a bunch of that memory, but it's turned out to be a lot of work, and that's what most of our time is being spent on. I

Link3588

PC now.  The 360 is ok but expect to join some games that are modded to hell.  People are basically hacking the game code and doing what ever the hell they feel like.  And that's not even counting all the well known glitches that most older players know, I haven't played in a while and I still remember most of them.

RX-78-2

Thank you all. I just have one more question: Is there interconsole (spelling?) gaming? You know, PC to Xbox 360 and vice-versa? I really don't think so, but I just want my facts straight. Luckily, I haven't run into many modded games so far. The only one I might've seen is this one low-gravity game where everyone jumps really far and high. Quite fun, but annoying after a while. Thanks again.

Link3588

Quote from: TerribleFrog on April 27, 2009, 04:49:28 AM
Thank you all. I just have one more question: Is there interconsole (spelling?) gaming? You know, PC to Xbox 360 and vice-versa? I really don't think so, but I just want my facts straight. Luckily, I haven't run into many modded games so far. The only one I might've seen is this one low-gravity game where everyone jumps really far and high. Quite fun, but annoying after a while. Thanks again.
After playing in one of those games, all the games you host will have low gravity until you join a normal game.

Hishipi

Quote from: TerribleFrog on April 27, 2009, 04:49:28 AM
Thank you all. I just have one more question: Is there interconsole (spelling?) gaming? You know, PC to Xbox 360 and vice-versa?

Nope, that wouldn't work considering all the updates the PC version has gotten.
~Hishipi

Tsumaru

PC.

There's never any point asking whether an FPS game is superior on console or PC, because the answer is always PC.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Tsumaru on May 11, 2009, 05:59:28 PM
PC.

There's never any point asking whether an FPS game is superior on console or PC, because the answer is always PC.

Actually, I'll take that, but in my opinion, not in the case of the Halo series.