News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Pokémon of the Day #1

Started by Macawmoses, June 14, 2009, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

After Bluaki's bot cookies started a Pokémon of the Hour, I noticed it would often generate discussion. So, I decided to convert that into a once daily thread about a certain Pokémon - pending the one I see isn't NFE or otherwise.

As such, our first Pokémon is....

Crobat: #169
Debut: Gold/Silver
Type: Poison/Flying
Tier: LIMBO

This is actually a Pokémon I've ran into as a lead, increasingly. My experiences show it with Taunt in its arsenal, rendering those looking to set up useless. Hypnosis is decent to remove other opposition, while Brave Bird, U-Turn, and Aerial Ace are all there for different reasons - damage, subbing, and accuracy, respectively.

All in all, it's a respectable choice, and Inner Focus certainly helps this frail, but fast, bat. What are your thoughts, lads and lasses?

Doodle

Crobat used to one of my favorite Pokemon back in the G/S/C days.
I was so happy finally evolving my Golbat into Crobat. ^_^
YEAH

JrDude

For some reason I didn't like him very much, probably because he's the evo of an annoying common, but he's grown on me, but he's still far from my favorite.
[move][/move]
Dude .

jnfs2014

Very annoying and somewhat useful Hazer/Taunter/Staller Pokemon.

bluaki

I never liked friendship evolution much. I don't think I ever seriously raised a Crobat much, personally. They don't seem very common for NPCs in the main games nor the Stadium games.

I don't keep up with tiers; what does it mean to be Limbo?

HTA!

My first Poke I catch in any game when available is Zubat.

Crobat is my favorite Poke besides Kingler.

GreatGonzales106

Quote from: Bluaki on June 15, 2009, 12:46:25 AMI don't keep up with tiers; what does it mean to be Limbo?
I think it means that Crobat is constantly switching tiers IIRC. I'm not sure which ones, though.

Matt

Ah Crobat. One of those Pokemon that can give your opponent a lot of trouble if used correctly, Crobat is fun Pokemon to use.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

RaveSage

Quote from: Bluaki on June 15, 2009, 12:46:25 AM
I don't keep up with tiers; what does it mean to be Limbo?

Limbo just means that a pokemon is undergoing suspect testing. Checking to see if the tier it used to be in is more balanced without it.

Lotos

I captured a Zubat in Platinum wanting to put one of these in my team.  I had one back in either Ruby or Emerald and it was pretty handy.