News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Does Donkey Kong Need A New Game?

Started by JrDude, July 12, 2009, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

I've been playing Donkey Kong 64 a lot recently, and I've been wondering if he should get a new adventure game. I think if they worked hard enough, he could get another awesome game. Maybe they could add some new Kongs and show how one becomes a Kong. I think he should get another game, DISCUSS!
(I didn't know what else to put)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Fish

I absolutely loved DK64. I'd guess it'd be nice to see the series again. As long as they look back at 64 for inspiration I think they could pull it off.  ^_^

Nayrman

Nintendo seems to have forgot who saved their ass in 1980...

But yea DK needs a new adventure game. No more of this annoying bongo/rhythm game stuff. Much like Star Fox just needs a plain old flight shooter game. X_X;;

Lotos

They weren't make a platformer or adventure game without the bongos.  We can hope they'll try now, but looking how they're targeting the casual gamers...

Neerb

Not one good DK game since DK64.  Not one.

Macawmoses

We need a DKC style title, like Wario's Shake It. That would be incredibly amazing.

FruitFlow

There were rumors back then, about a DKC 4 being published for Wii.
Although I'm fairly certain that was proven false.
But then again, anything can happen.

Anyways, another DK game is what we need right now.

I really love the DK: Jungle Beat and DK: Jungle Climber games, but I really think they should focus more on making another PFer.

Ever since the DK64, all we've ever recieved are control play DK games, which are all still fun but like I said earlier, need to change.

DK: Barrel Blast, a game that was originally supposed to use the DK Bongos but then switched to Wiimote control for unknown reasons, was an okay game.
Not the best nor the worst.
Just...so-so.

Heck, I wouldn't really mind if they made a remake of DK64.
Just so long as they make another Platformer and not more of these Control Plays.

But in all honesty, Nintendo is just slowing down traffic as usual.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Zero

They don't have Rare. The chances of a non-Rare DK game being worth a crap are so low you probably have a better chance at getting attacked by a great white shark on land.

SkyMyl

Over one year later, and Donkey Kong Country Returns was announced, being developed by Retro Studios.

I can't help but find this thread a bit funny with that announcement from E3 in mind.

Homewrecker

Yeah, there hasn't been a really amazing Donkey Kong game (or one at all, honestly) since Jungle Beat.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Persephone on September 24, 2010, 01:52:56 PM
Yeah, there hasn't been a really amazing Donkey Kong game (or one at all, honestly) since Jungle Beat.

Jungle Climber was pretty good

Magnum

I'm thoroughly excited for this. I remember my family and I tag teaming the original Donkey Kong Country. I'm pretty happy to have a chance to do that again. Except now we can actually beat it XD

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

It's better than the crap they've had recently (I still won't get it due to higher priorities, including other games), but I still want DK64 2.

StarWindWizard7

It needs online capability.

(as an Option)