News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Worst traits of Nintendo made games.

Started by Tupin, July 29, 2008, 01:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

http://gonintendo.com/?p=50900

Most of this list is just nitpicking, but stuff like lack of co-op and voice acting are relevant.

The Number #1 worst trait was how most major Nintendo games are delayed 2-3 times. I agree with this. I mean, I understand delaying a game once if major work needs to be done on it, but let's look at all the times Brawl was SUPPOSED to come out:

-Wii's launch
-December 3rd, 2007
-February 9th, 2008

It was FINALLY released on March 9th, 2008 in the USA but not until June 27th in the PAL regions.

What could they POSSIBLY have added in one month anyway?  :|

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

JrDude

Nintendo's worst thing is that they want to make it easier for newer gamers. I say make 1 game for new gamers, then make hard games for non-new gamers, and if the kids want an easy game, get the easy game instead of the new one.

Also, I don't care how many times a game is delayed, I want it to be as complete as possible, I don't like rushed games.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Tupin

Quote from: JrDude on July 29, 2008, 01:52:47 PM
Nintendo's worst thing is that they want to make it easier for newer gamers. I say make 1 game for new gamers, then make hard games for non-new gamers, and if the kids want an easy game, get the easy game instead of the new one.

Also, I don't care how many times a game is delayed, I want it to be as complete as possible, I don't like rushed games.
And when they make games that are for hardcore gamers, the difficulty level fluctuates so wildly. Like will Galaxy. It goes from being ridiculously easy to ridiculously hard.

Silverhawk79

One of their worst traits is that they've started pandering to the casual/kiddy crowd (Friend codes, terrible online, etc.), and kind of ignoring the hardcore gamers.

Tupin

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on July 29, 2008, 02:51:48 PM
One of their worst traits is that they've started pandering to the casual/kiddy crowd (Friend codes, terrible online, etc.), and kind of ignoring the hardcore gamers.
Yeah, even Iwata doesn't think that friend codes are the best Nintendo could do.

Doodle

I hope most of that wasn't serious...
Co-op would be cool. Voice acting is kind of pointless. Most Nintendo character's don't need to talk. Maybe Samus. But everybody else is fine quiet making little grunts and "Wah, hoo-hoo, YA-HA!"s. :P
YEAH

Gwen Khan

"10. Animal Slaughter on a Grand Scale is Okay"

yet killing random people in the street in the GTA games is ok?

Silverhawk79

Nobody seems to catch on that this was a joke article. >.>

Doodle

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on July 29, 2008, 06:54:12 PM
Nobody seems to catch on that this was a joke article. >.>

I figured it was. I was thinking to myself "Are you serious?" through most of those.
YEAH

Rouge Helios

I wish Nintendo made more Hardcore games instead of kid games and Disney games...especially Disney, why don't they just stick with their crappy VG toy thingies...

Sure we have FF, SSB, Zelda and Metroid...possibly Mario? >.> But we need a lot more. D= Not these Board games and Mini game crap.

CommanderFlint

Jono2

welcome to 2004 (metroid prime 2: echoes).  the beginning of such thinking.

"OHHHH METROID PRIME 2 IS TOO HARDDDDDD!!!!!"

:\

yes, thats the #1 peeve i have of nintendo.  "hard" difficulty is far easier than the easiest on Gears of War, probably easier.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Nayrman

Most the the article was a joke, but there are some things I have to hate:
1. Delays which is true. Nintendo, don't release a date unless you can gurantee that it'll be out that date. Why is that so freakin hard for you!?
2. Catering to kiddies and the "casual" crowd who have only played Bejeweled and other crud not fit for a gaming system.
3. Dear lord I'd like a challenge. I don't care for Metroid Prime 2 but I like that it's actually DIFFICULT. Galaxy had fluctuating difficulty? THere were only 3 stars that were actually hard! (Purple coin Dreadnaugt, One of the speed runs, and Haunted House purple coins)

Jono2

Quote from: Nayrman on August 09, 2008, 05:34:04 PM
Most the the article was a joke, but there are some things I have to hate:
1. Delays which is true. Nintendo, don't release a date unless you can gurantee that it'll be out that date. Why is that so freakin hard for you!?
2. Catering to kiddies and the "casual" crowd who have only played Bejeweled and other crud not fit for a gaming system.
3. Dear lord I'd like a challenge. I don't care for Metroid Prime 2 but I like that it's actually DIFFICULT. Galaxy had fluctuating difficulty? THere were only 3 stars that were actually hard! (Purple coin Dreadnaugt, One of the speed runs, and Haunted House purple coins)

MP2 wasn't difficult to anyone who had played the previous game.  MP3 was a complete joke.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Omega12

Quote from: Jono2 on August 08, 2008, 10:01:02 PM

welcome to 2004 (metroid prime 2: echoes).  the beginning of such thinking.

"OHHHH METROID PRIME 2 IS TOO HARDDDDDD!!!!!"

:\

yes, thats the #1 peeve i have of nintendo.  "hard" difficulty is far easier than the easiest on Gears of War, probably easier.

=/ If I can beat a Game in 3 days its not good enough.

Pokemon Emerald and Diamond, Beat it in 3 Days

Zelda PH, Beat it in 3 Days (Although it was a very good game)

=/ I really miss the old days of Megaman X and those platform side scrolling shoots, now THOSE where a challenge, now all we have are FPS, that are all the same. Accedent happens, Aliens attack, Man fight aliens, Game ends, Que Next game. Honestly I can only think of one FPS That really gives a good challenge (Half Life) and its not on nintendo!!!!

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online