<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Sonic Unleashed Review from IGN

Started by Neerb, November 19, 2008, 06:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

7.5/10 on Wii.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/931/931596p1.html

Here's a quick summary:  Night levels are terribly boring, as they are both long and repetitive (looks like you called that one, Nayrman).  However, the game is saved from failure due to the Day levels, which make for the best Sonic gameplay ever, and by the music, which has finally become enjoyable level-enhancing music instead of crappy attempts at 80s rock.  So, it's definitely worth buying if you're a Sonic fan (and this is just the Wii version; imagine how good the stronger, better-looking, Sonic Team-developed 360/PS3 versions will be!), but be ready to trudge through disappointing night levels.  I personally will be getting the 360 version.

I like the end statement they make:  "Come on -- if you're a Sonic fan, you should be used to sacrifice and suffering by now, anyway."

Nayrman

I agree with the end statement.
Actually, many online sources (including IGN) are saying the Wii version is the most fun.
Also, the Wii/PS2 versions are "significantly" different from the PS3/360 versions. Although I highly doubt that other than graphical power (which honestly I couldn't care less as long as it looks good on the Wii). I actually like the music from the Adventure series X_X;; Not saying anything is wrong with the new stuff but a few rock tracks would be nice. Ah well, minor gripe since the music is still good.
Oh...yea...

AND I SO CALLED THE WAREHOG LEVELS!!!!!!!!

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on November 19, 2008, 06:51:51 PM
I agree with the end statement.
Actually, many online sources (including IGN) are saying the Wii version is the most fun.
Also, the Wii/PS2 versions are "significantly" different from the PS3/360 versions. Although I highly doubt that other than graphical power (which honestly I couldn't care less as long as it looks good on the Wii). I actually like the music from the Adventure series X_X;; Not saying anything is wrong with the new stuff but a few rock tracks would be nice. Ah well, minor gripe since the music is still good.
Oh...yea...

AND I SO CALLED THE WAREHOG LEVELS!!!!!!!!
Hmm, maybe you tried to say Warehouse?

It's Werehog.

Tupin

Getting the 360 version, but trying out the Wii one. I want to see how the "Hedgehog Engine" works in practice.

The Werehog levels look boring. They don't appear to have anything MAJORLY wrong with them in terms of glitches, but the Werehog looks so slow. Which is not why I play a Sonic game. If I wanted slow, clunky combat, I would play a mech game.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Macawmoses

Heh, better than I expected. Nonetheless, Sonic Team has been stepping it up lately.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: mackormoses on November 19, 2008, 10:26:58 PM
Heh, better than I expected. Nonetheless, Sonic Team has been stepping it up lately.
Was that a pun for a certain taunt? ::)

Triforceman22

whatever Nayr.

you thought the game in whole was gonna suck.
So no bragging for you.

i'm still getting the 360 version and renting the Wii one.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 20, 2008, 01:37:41 PM
whatever Nayr.

So no bragging for you.

Oh contrare mon amis,
I have the Wii version, played it for about seven hours today (I only had classes til like 11 a.m. today), got through the final boss (obviously I'm no where near completely through with the game), and I'll have my full review tomorrw.
I'll just say this though:
Everything BUT the speed levels SUCK MASSIVELY. I'll elaborate in the review tomorrow, but the Warehog is ATROCIOUSLY HORRIBLY GOD DAMN WORSE THAN SONIC 06 ABSOLUTEY TRAGICALLY *insert adjective here* S-H-I-T!
Speed levels, are really fun...if a bit hard to get used to control wise. And guess what, Chip is actually a decent character  :robotsurprised:
Again, I'll elaborate much more in the youtube review tomorrow...  ;D

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on November 20, 2008, 07:32:55 PM
whatever Nayr.

So no bragging for you.

Oh contrare mon amis,
I have the Wii version, played it for about seven hours today (I only had classes til like 11 a.m. today), got through the final boss (obviously I'm no where near completely through with the game), and I'll have my full review tomorrw.
Everything BUT the speed levels SUCK MASSIVELY. I'll elaborate in the review tomorrow, but the Warehog is ATROCIOUSLY HORRIBLY GOD dang WORSE THAN SONIC 06 ABSOLUTEY TRAGICALLY *insert adjective here* S-H-I-T!
Speed levels, are really fun...if a bit hard to get used to control wise. And guess what, Chip is actually a decent character  :robotsurprised:

Something is worse than 06?  Are you sure you're Nayrman?

Tupin

I knew Chip would be good, he looks like good comic relief.

Wow, that bad? I knew it was going to be bad, but I thought it was going to be "Okay, let's get this over with" and not "Please, not again *sigh*" bad.

Triforceman22

Just rented the Wii version.

Nayr, you over exagerate WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much.

The werehog levels aren't that bad....

But they're not as great as the day levels.....

And yeah, Chip is like the only decent new character.

Silver sucks.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Tupin

I'm renting it tomorrow...

I really want to play it.

DededeCloneChris

whatever Nayr.

So no bragging for you.

Oh contrare mon amis,
Everything BUT the speed levels SUCK MASSIVELY. I'll elaborate in the review tomorrow, but the Warehog is ATROCIOUSLY HORRIBLY GOD dang WORSE THAN SONIC 06 ABSOLUTEY TRAGICALLY *insert adjective here* S-H-I-T!
Werehog, you "huge Sega fan."

And who knows, I think I'm going to rent it to see it by myself. :D

Nayrman

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 20, 2008, 08:36:48 PM
whatever Nayr.

So no bragging for you.

Oh contrare mon amis,
Werehog, you "huge Sega fan."

And who knows, I think I'm going to rent it to see it by myself. :D
oh intercourse  off. I don't see how it matters.

OH, and yes the "Were"-hog *screw you* levels are THAT bad. It wouldn't be so bad if they were only there every once in a while, but they take up SO MUCH of the game it's ridiculous

Tupin

So, just played it for a while today, and I must say, it feels like two separate games.

The speed levels are awesome, but I felt like I was playing a really bad PS1-era platformer with the Werehog levels.