News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

So, Mega Man 10. This is the discussion thread that is unofficial.

Started by SkyMyl, March 01, 2010, 11:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Inufune mentioned that in one of his old interviews from the mid 90's. I still remember it, or rather, his answer to his question.

When they began the final touches on the game they realized that there were two ways you could damage Sigma's final form(I honestly can't remember if the Hadouken damaged him, it killed his first form in one shot, but i don't remember it working on the final form. The first way most people know about is the 3rd level charge blast. The second way is Rolling Shield, which actually does more damage. They realized that without the 3rd level charge blast most players would run into the problem of figuring out which attack damages what and in the end they just decided on Zero giving you the arm upgrade if you missed it, which made it easier for the player.

I can't remember for the life of me where that interview came from, but it was probably one of the old issues of NP or Gamepro or something.

Nayrman

Got the game, beat the robot masters, about to head into Wily's fortress.

Chillman: Not that hard a level, and a tough fight until you get his pattern down. Not that hard except the stupid slide physics for the ice, only thing that made it difficult. Ugh.
Nitroman: Not that hard. While I died on his stage twice, mostly due to bad timing on the car parts, his weakness does good damage, and if I bothered to learn his pattern a bit more, not that hard of a boss either. And yea, Metal Blade wannabes are too good for this weapon.
Commandoman: Good lord this is a tough stage. Got quite a few game overs on the stage alone. It's the darn sandstorm crap. Boss fight, not so bad outside of the Gutsman slam freeze. If it weren't for that he wouldn't be that hard. Although if you're close to him, his weakness makes quick work of him.
Blademan: Easy stage, easy miniboss, nice platforming although a couple of annoying enemy spawns. But nothing that's too bad. I think Blademan is the hardest robotmaster. The hitboxes on his blades are really wonky, and there doesn't seem to be any good set pattern or way to avoid them. Not to mention his weakness does a whopping two damage to him, making it pretty much pointless to use. Bah.
Strikeman: An annoying mini-boss and a remarkebly long stage. It's not THAT hard, although I made it harder than it needed to be (as I had a hard time figuring out the pattern of the miniboss(s)). Strikeman isn't that difficult though, as his pattern is mildly easy to avoid, and his weakness does good damage.
SHEEEEEEEEEPman: Funnest stage in my opinion, some good gimmicks that didn't suck, fair enemies and platforming, etc. Loved the stage. Also, easiest to MegaBuster kill. His pattern is really easy, and it's a quick kill if you want to go him first.
Pumpman: A fairly easy stage, provided you have Rush Jet beforehand. Some annoying jumps with the waterfalls, but not too bad. His weakness does really good damage, but the problem is hitting him with it. Not that it matters, he's easy enough without it. Just an annoying spam boss to kill.
Solarman: Fun stage, some rare annoying parts, but a good fair boss (with a Heatman mini-cameo). His weakness...well let's just say it's efficient.

Cornwad

Iceman is really easy if you have Solar Blaze, and Commando Bomb is only good against Blade Man if you hit him with the shock waves. But yeah, he's probably still the hardest, even once you get his pattern down.

Nayrman

Quote from: Cornwad on March 05, 2010, 04:36:48 PM
Iceman is really easy if you have Solar Blaze, and Commando Bomb is only good against Blade Man if you hit him with the shock waves. But yeah, he's probably still the hardest, even once you get his pattern down.
I noticed that later during the boss rush. A LOT of the robot masters are weak to the after effects of the blast, not the blast itself. Blademan, Nitroman, Pumpman, and even Chillman all work this way. It's....rather odd and makes fighting them kind of annoying.

Also, I finished the game. Hardest part was of course the Devil. Rest of it was pretty easy all things considered. Will record for my review probably Sunday

SkyMyl

Now play through the game with Proto Man on Hard Mode, only using the buster.

It's a ninny.

Macawmoses

I'm loving this so far. Just, and I mean, just got it. I need to be finished it by tomorrow night. Is that going to be a problem?

SkyMyl

Yes it is. Your grammar is off.

I beat it in one day. I'll be disappointed if you haven't beaten it already.

Nayrman

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 07, 2010, 12:15:05 PM
Yes it is. Your grammar is off.

I beat it in one day. I'll be disappointed if you haven't beaten it already.
First time it took me about 2hours and 30 minutes or so. It only took me that long because I got so hung up on Commandoman's stage.
Block Devil isn't that big a deal once you know where to stand and how to spam him. Sure you're going to use a lot of E-Tanks that way but it's not like you need it for anything else.

SkyMyl

Commando Man's stage isn't that bad. Commando Man himself is on a TOTALLY DIFFERENT LEVEL. He's even worse on Hard Mode. Good luck killing him with the buster if you plan on saving E-tanks.

And you don't even need E-Tanks for the Block Devil. He's the reason why Shock Absorber is worth the investment.

Nayrman

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 07, 2010, 01:11:09 PM
Commando Man's stage isn't that bad. Commando Man himself is on a TOTALLY DIFFERENT LEVEL. He's even worse on Hard Mode. Good luck killing him with the buster if you plan on saving E-tanks.

And you don't even need E-Tanks for the Block Devil. He's the reason why Shock Absorber is worth the investment.
Actually the only thing that's really bad about Commandoman is his size.
I dunno I just really hate Devils. Not to mention it has a really cheap Kaizo trap if you beat him over one of his platforms, you can fall and die after you beat him.

Doodle

I think this one of the best Mega Man games out there.
Too bad Wily Machine raped me. :U
I'll get around to beating it in a few days. Then Hard Mode time. D:
YEAH

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on March 07, 2010, 01:58:15 PM
Actually the only thing that's really bad about Commandoman is his size.
I dunno I just really hate Devils. Not to mention it has a really cheap Kaizo trap if you beat him over one of his platforms, you can fall and die after you beat him.
I can't hear you, I just tried to dodge a Commando Missile that he shot in the air and changed in mid-direction.  FUCK HE DID THE GROUND STOMP RIGHT WHEN I DODGED THE MISSILE GODDAMMIT HE FIRED ANOTHER MISSILE AND I CAN'T MOVE SHIT I'M THAT WAS MY LAST LIFE

All the devils aren't as bad as people think. The Block Devil is the only boss in MM history that required me to use a W Tank and a Shock Absorber. Not to mention, the Kaizo Trap is nothing if you have some Beat Whistles on hand. Or, if you just stand on the right side of the room.

Also, my both of my first runs through normal mode lasted for 1:31.

Quote from: Doodle on March 07, 2010, 02:43:28 PM
I think this one of the best Mega Man games out there.
Too bad Wily Machine raped me. :U
I'll get around to beating it in a few days. Then Hard Mode time. D:
Where would you put this in your top five, Doodle?

Nayrman

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 07, 2010, 03:10:06 PM
I can't hear you, I just tried to dodge a Commando Missile that he shot in the air and changed in mid-direction.  FUCK HE DID THE GROUND STOMP RIGHT WHEN I DODGED THE MISSILE GODDAMMIT HE FIRED ANOTHER MISSILE AND I CAN'T MOVE SHIT I'M THAT WAS MY LAST LIFE

All the devils aren't as bad as people think. The Block Devil is the only boss in MM history that required me to use a W Tank and a Shock Absorber. Not to mention, the Kaizo Trap is nothing if you have some Beat Whistles on hand. Or, if you just stand on the right side of the room.

ZOMG, RUNNING AWAY FROM THE MISSILE, THEN JUMPING AND THEN GOING UNDER HIM TOTALLY DOESN'T WORK.

This devil just sucks since there's only so much space you have to move after he starts combining. It's really annoying how it has a blatant Kaizo trap. I don't think the Kaizo trap is particularly fair as a lot of people probably don't have the Beat Whistles or something. It's a pretty cheap boss what with the backwards hit thing.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on March 07, 2010, 05:17:48 PM
ZOMG, RUNNING AWAY FROM THE MISSILE, THEN JUMPING AND THEN GOING UNDER HIM TOTALLY DOESN'T WORK.

This devil just sucks since there's only so much space you have to move after he starts combining. It's really annoying how it has a blatant Kaizo trap. I don't think the Kaizo trap is particularly fair as a lot of people probably don't have the Beat Whistles or something. It's a pretty cheap boss what with the backwards hit thing.
I'm too busy dodging the explosion to run under him. Only with Proto Man can I actually slide past him when he's jumping. With Commando Man, I usually corner myself in the process of trying to dodge his missiles.

I would think the trap should be fairly obvious. It's what he's made of.

Nayrman

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 07, 2010, 05:45:07 PM
I'm too busy dodging the explosion to run under him. Only with Proto Man can I actually slide past him when he's jumping. With Commando Man, I usually corner myself in the process of trying to dodge his missiles.

I would think the trap should be fairly obvious. It's what he's made of.

It's just a timing thing. All the Gutsman clones (a.k.a. the heavies) are easy to time once you've gotten it once.

I've recorded a playthrough (intercourse ed up a few stages, mostly me being reckless and not playing smart) so I'll try to work on the review to get out relatively soon, but I've got a lot of school stuff to work on.