News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

New Pokemon (as in game and species) coming!

Started by Macawmoses, January 29, 2010, 12:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=112503

"
Could this be the big announcement that Nintendo Dream was talking about? Nintendo has announced that Gamefreak is hard at work on a brand-new Pokemon RPG, and it's due out this year in Japan. There are (of course) going to be brand-new Pokemon involved, and the series is going to experience some sort of rebirth. Expect new functionality and play types, according to the Big N. Just how different will this game be? Only time will tell, I guess, but Nintendo is already confident that it'll be a huge hit. "

I don't need to say anything more than DISCUSS.

JrDude

Woo.
Wonder what uncreative Pokémon we'll see this time, and I wonder how many new evos/prevos we'll see.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Quote from: JrDude ½ on January 29, 2010, 12:24:07 AM
Woo.
Wonder what uncreative Pokémon we'll see this time, and I wonder how many new evos/prevos we'll see.
I'm hoping this gen will be 100 Pokemon added. 90 new entirely, 10 pre/evos.

bluaki

Quote from: mackormoses on January 29, 2010, 12:31:12 AM
I'm hoping this gen will be 107 Pokemon added, rather. The last two gens have ended at a terrible number.

Light

Quote from: mackormoses on January 29, 2010, 12:31:12 AM
Well, good luck with hoping. I'm setting my expectations pretty low for Gen V... that way (with a bit of luck on our side), I won't be disappointed.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Gwen Khan

strange two gens of Pokemon on one system?

1st gen: gameboy
2nd gen: gameboy color
3rd gen: gameboy advance
4th gen: ds
5th gen: ???

SkyMyl

Well, I'm just going to lay low and imagine it won't be anything special until it comes out.

Quote from: Gwen Khan on January 29, 2010, 08:47:48 AM
strange two gens of Pokemon on one system?

1st gen: gameboy
2nd gen: gameboy color
3rd gen: gameboy advance
4th gen: ds
5th gen: ???
How is that strange?

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Blue on January 29, 2010, 10:46:42 AM
Well, I'm just going to lay low and imagine it won't be anything special until it comes out.
How is that strange?
it would be the first time two gens of pokemon came out on one system

also the anime hasn't shown any new pokemon yet, they have shown at least one new pokemon a few years before the next gen comes out

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Gwen Khan on January 29, 2010, 11:30:08 AM

also the anime hasn't shown any new pokemon yet, they have shown at least one new pokemon a few years before the next gen comes out
I think this mimics the fact that a second Mario platformer will come out on the Wii.

Macawmoses

It just shows that Nintendo is sticking with this system for awhile. Pokemon sells handhelds, which is why they'll use it to refuel the DS brand.

Allegretto

Quote from: Gwen Khan on January 29, 2010, 11:30:08 AM

DSI.

bluaki

Isn't there news somewhere about DS2 being released either late this year or early next year in Japan? Perhaps Gen5 Pokemon will be a launch title.
Maybe this year's E3 will be huge. I don't expect to see any more info on either subject until then.

Macawmoses

Quote from: bluaki on January 29, 2010, 03:05:18 PM
Isn't there news somewhere about DS2 being released either late this year or early next year in Japan? Perhaps Gen5 Pokemon will be a launch title.
Maybe this year's E3 will be huge. I don't expect to see any more info on either subject until then.
No, DS2 is now being denied. Also, they wouldn't release a whole new system this soon after the two DSi's and no marketing of it. It'll be at least a year before we see a new DS.

bluaki

Quote from: mackormoses on January 29, 2010, 03:08:43 PM
No, DS2 is now being denied. Also, they wouldn't release a whole new system this soon after the two DSi's and no marketing of it. It'll be at least a year before we see a new DS.
~North American release dates of select handhelds~
Gameboy Advance SP - Spring 2003
Nintendo DS - Fall 2004
Gameboy Micro - Fall 2005

~Announcement and release-related dates for DS (according to wikipedia)~
November 2003: Nintendo saying "we're making a new handheld due next year that will NOT replace the Gameboy (lol)"
January 2004: Oh look TWO shiny screens
May 2004: Prototype version displayed at E3 (the one with black stripes)
November-December 2004: Launch in US and Japan.

patterns, patterns, patterns. Doesn't look like Nintendo had any fear of releasing the DS just a year after SP, and challenging the Gameboy's final stand even more by releasing Gameboy Micro a year later.
Nintendo didn't say much at all about the DS until the E3 of the year it was released. Where exactly is it confirmed that a DS2 is not going to be released within the next year or so? From what I've seen, it looks more like an "oh wait we're not supposed to tell you that yet" on Nintendo's part.

Friendly Hostile

If this is a DSi exclusive, I'm done with Pokemon.  SoulSilver will be the last one I ever buy.