News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Cornwad

I really hope that there are no dragon legendaries this time around. We had like 6 last gen.

So_So_Man

JrDude

You guys look to much at it's pose and don't consider things, maybe the wings could be flipped inwards to make arms that look similar to Zoroark.

And if they don't "look like Pokémon," think of it this way: They are not just in a different region, but a different country. If we never saw an animal at the zoo or internet that isn't around your area, it wouldn't look like an animal. Also, legendaries will often not look like an animal.

And I JUST NOW noticed that the Black one's arms are the lower wings
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

The pose is what makes it look so horrific. It doesn't just not look like a Pokemon, it's badly drawn and designed. If the wings bend, then they wouldn't work as wings. If you're going to give something wings and you aren't going for the Charizard dragon look, at least make it look somewhat aerodynamic.

JrDude

Quote from: Cornwad on May 28, 2010, 10:41:37 PM
The pose is what makes it look so horrific. It doesn't just not look like a Pokemon, it's badly drawn and designed. If the wings bend, then they wouldn't work as wings. If you're going to give something wings and you aren't going for the Charizard dragon look, at least make it look somewhat aerodynamic.
I mean bend and close like a fan (the hand fan thingy, I think you know what I mean)

I also don't think the wings are for flying, but more for a more "godly" look or something like that, since wings will often do that if done right.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

That's the thing. I'm tired of "Godly" Pokemon.

Arceus is God. That's enough. We don't need a master of time and space, but we got them. We don't need a master of dark and light. God dangit, just stick with strong regular Pokemon of some element.

Give us a beast equivalent of Ho-Oh and Lugia.  That would be badass. We have five birds, give us two more beasts instead of making poop up.

JrDude

You guys decided Arceus was God, they never said it was.
Also, this is fiction based on fictional things. In fictional things, there are many gods, not just 1. We have our Zeus, now let's get our Hades and Poseidon, then all the titans and demigods and whatnot.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 29, 2010, 01:16:00 AM
You guys decided Arceus was God, they never said it was.
Also, this is fiction based on fictional things. In fictional things, there are many gods, not just 1. We have our Zeus, now let's get our Hades and Poseidon, then all the titans and demigods and whatnot.
You're an idiot.

Thirdkoopa

Eh, you get use to them. The white one at least looks close to a pokemon. The black one on the other hand I can understand the hatred. Really, I'll wait on the fanart and the actual info about the Pokemon for this one. It's too picky, but I'm really thinking Jr is half right here on this one.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

Since when did being half-right about the new Pokemon have to do with someone's overall intelligence?

That goes for both of you.

edit: and most of you guys are too picky. I don't really mean that at rob as much since his only problem with the starters was broken.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

Quote from: Franz Ferdinand on May 29, 2010, 01:28:19 AM
Since when did being half-right about the new Pokemon have to do with someone's overall intelligence?

That goes for both of you.
I don't recall calling him an idiot or anything, though I do know he's super sensitive towards my posts.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

If that's the case you guys really need to take a chill pill at times. All you're going to get if you keep poking flames at each other is a pointless discussion. I mean I can understand this poop in power on but it's a bit too much for me to handle in these boards.

Now to make this post actually related:

Really it's just new pokemon. 7 pokemon don't determine an entire generation. If they did you could have an argument for saying every gen sucks. There are possibilities for them to be awesome. It's less so than the starters. That and chances are you're probably going to add only 2-3 5th gen pokemon on your team at most anyways. You won't like every pokemon ever as well. There's too darn many.

On the other hand to go on with the "We know very little about this pokemon and it could be awesome" they could also end up being the furthest from animals overall and the most annoying voice acting ever. Really I'm still on the edge. The white one looks nice and stand-able. The grey/blackish one on the other hand feels like it'll need something to save it for most people. Even if it's closer to an animal than we think.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Rius

You complain too much about the stupidest things. "It's arms aren't aerodynamic; they move funny."

Personally, I like both of the legendaries; they're good mascots for the games.  I kind of want to know more about their abilities and such than waste time worrying about their appearances.  Oh yeah, and I want to see the third member of this group.  Of we assume they're the physical manifestations of light and darkness, does that make the third one twilight? Because that would be awesome. Or maybe take the Kingdom Hearts route and make it the embodiment of nothing.  Though I think Giratina already fills that role, so.... On that note, maybe they're representative of heart and soul... I mean, the names for HG/SS were kind of out there to me, so maybe it was a clue for gen 5. That's massive speculation, though.

If they are representative of Light and Dark, what will their types be? Obviously Zekrom would be Dark, but what about Reshiram? To me, it looks most like a Ghost type, but that's not very light-like. The best bet would be Psychic, but then the duo would be broken like Groudon and Kyogre were, and I really hope they don't do that again.  Maybe it would have an ability that makes Dark weak against Psychic, but what would Zekrom's corresponding ability be? Or maybe they're dual-type somehow so it's not a problem.  There is the most radical case, where they introduced a Light-type... If so, how would it work?  Maybe Light and Dark would both be super-effective against each other. As for other types, Light could be strong against Ghost (obvious) and Dragon (to balance the types a bit), but weak against Grass, Steel, and Fire. Maybe Light would be more of a defensive type, only weak to Steel and Dark (or Normal, just because it deserves to have one type it's strong against) and most Light moves would be along the lines of Recover and Heal Bell. Personally, I would love a Light-type if it was a cleric-type.

Anyway, I got far away from the point I was going to make: let's take these releases and have fun learning and speculating on what's next, not complain about every darn thing that comes out. There are going to be some Pokemon and stuff you don't like, yeah, but unless it so bad that you're not going to buy the game because of two Pokemon designs, don't keep harping about it. Just say"it looks funny, I don't like it" and move on. At least, save that for things that really matter, like the new battle mechanic or the radical change in game objective (yeah right).

Unless you have fun complaining, in which case you should go die in a fire; if you give me your address I'll even perform the service free of charge.