News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

This file cannot be copied

Started by bluaki, December 20, 2007, 05:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

Can somebody explain why they have copy-protection flagged on Internet Channel save file? I'd like to backup my bookmarks -_-

And no, this ISN'T the channel itself, it's the save file.

DistantWords

Well, it's not just favorites.  It's all cookie data as well...  Do you really want the possibility of someone copying your cookie data?
Looking for any old friends from Nsider.  If you remember me, let me know!

Brand new AC:WW town created. PM me for FC info.

bluaki

Quote from: DistantWords on December 20, 2007, 06:30:27 PM
Well, it's not just favorites.  It's all cookie data as well...  Do you really want the possibility of someone copying your cookie data?
Saying that the file is accessible only by me, yes.

DistantWords

Maybe your file is only accessible to you, but Nintendo doesn't know that.  Letting people copy a file that saves browser cookie data onto a transferable media would be a major security risk, and that's probably why you're not allowed to...
Looking for any old friends from Nsider.  If you remember me, let me know!

Brand new AC:WW town created. PM me for FC info.

WiiGuy

Mystic

Probably cause the channel costs money now. Even though it's not the actual channel...

WiiGuy

bluaki

Quote from: WiiGuy on December 21, 2007, 11:46:36 AM
what would you copy it to?
An SD card and then from the card backed up on the computer... in case the file somehow accidentally gets deleted from the Wii itself for whatever reason ::)

WiiGuy

(no offence)
did you have the SD card in the wii at the time?

bluaki

Quote from: WiiGuy on December 21, 2007, 11:50:48 AM
(no offence)
Yes. I successfully copied Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center: SO, Paper Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Sonic Secret Rings, and WarioWare to the SD card at the same time. I got the same error for Check Mii Out, Everybody Votes, and Pokemon Battle Revolution.

...and I made sure that the SD card had over 1GB of space free before copying it all.

WiiGuy

Quote from: bluaki on December 21, 2007, 01:10:25 PM
(no offence)
Yes. I successfully copied Super Paper Mario, Trauma Center: SO, Paper Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Sonic Secret Rings, and WarioWare to the SD card at the same time. I got the same error for Check Mii Out, Everybody Votes, and Pokemon Battle Revolution.

...and I made sure that the SD card had over 1GB of space free before copying it all.
try doing it one at a time?

bluaki

Quote from: WiiGuy on December 21, 2007, 01:29:45 PM
Quote from: bluaki on December 21, 2007, 01:10:25 PM
(no offence)

try doing it one at a time?
You don't get it.
Nintendo makes it so that you are unable to copy certain files. This is true for both Gamecube and Wii.
For example, they don't allow you to copy Pokemon Box for Gamecube because it obviously would duplicate every single Pokemon you own. For the same reason, you aren't able to duplicate Chao save data. An example for Wii is that you can't duplicate your Check Mii Out data because it would double your submissions or something of the sort.

Mystic