News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Star Fox 64 3D

Started by DededeCloneChris, July 21, 2011, 09:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 18, 2011, 06:15:34 PM
Turned them off mentally, and I still got no idea what that has to do with Star Fox 64 3D (darn semi-long title).
that's not long at all
YEAH

Kayo

It's seriously one of the shortest titles out there on a game that's part of a series. Let's compare

Star Fox 64 3D
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
hey look we have a winner but while we're at it
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Pokemon: HeartGold Version
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Metroid II: Return of Samus

The only way to make it long would be to call it "The game of Star Fox Sixty-Four in Three-Dimensional Graphics".
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

The longest one I've ever read is "Holy Invasion Of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This?"

Kayo

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 19, 2011, 12:55:12 PM
The longest one I've ever read is "Holy Invasion Of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This?"
Oh so Star Fox 64 3D is a close second
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Hero_of_Darkness

SF643D bombed everywhere. :(

Neerb

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 13, 2011, 05:30:26 PM
SF643D bombed everywhere. :(

It's a remake of a game in a series that Nintendo hasn't put a single finger's flex worth of effort into in 6 years, with every game in the series EXCEPT this one in particular having a long list of haters for various reasons.

Not big surprise, though an unfortunate one.

What Nintendo needs to do is simply MAKE A NEW STAR FOX GAME HOLY CRAP GET ON THE BALL GUYS. People have been wanting Star Fox, F-Zero, and Pikmin for years, and Nintendo just doesn't seem to care anymore. At least Kirby and DK finally have real games again.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Neerb on October 13, 2011, 05:58:53 PM
It's a remake of a game in a series that Nintendo hasn't put a single finger's flex worth of effort into in 6 years, with every game in the series EXCEPT this one in particular having a long list of haters for various reasons.

Not big surprise, though an unfortunate one.

What Nintendo needs to do is simply MAKE A NEW STAR FOX GAME HOLY CRAP GET ON THE BALL GUYS. People have been wanting Star Fox, F-Zero, and Pikmin for years, and Nintendo just doesn't seem to care anymore. At least Kirby and DK finally have real games again.
Actually, some better numbers came. It did okay. Just okay.

Also, Miyamoto basically said that this is do-or-die for Star Fox, so don't be surprised if you never see the franchise again.

Turok

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 13, 2011, 06:13:58 PM

Also, Miyamoto basically said that this is do-or-die for Star Fox, so don't be surprised if you never see the franchise again.
Well, at least I did my part and bought it.

I've seen complaints of how little content there is for $40, but it's the perfect commuter game. I think I've nearly gotten my money's worth by now.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on October 13, 2011, 06:13:58 PM

That was a joke he made about it.

Nayrman

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 13, 2011, 08:57:11 PM
That was a joke he made about it.

I slightly doubt that considering Nintendo's annoying "it doesn't print it's own money it's not worth it" mentality with some of it's franchises. Part of the problem is that they don't know what to do with the franchise at all instead of making a new space shooter after messing with the formula three straight times.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on October 14, 2011, 03:03:50 PM
I slightly doubt that considering Nintendo's annoying "it doesn't print it's own money it's not worth it" mentality with some of it's franchises. Part of the problem is that they don't know what to do with the franchise at all instead of making a new space shooter after messing with the formula three straight times.
That was actually a joke. You're letting an animated DS/3DS Printing machine excuse take over your opinion.

Also, blame Dylan. He's being lazy on his own series. I'm still waiting for that Devil May Cry director to help make a new SF game.

Nayrman

Quote from: PrinnyOnLowBudgetChris on October 14, 2011, 05:36:48 PM
That was actually a joke. You're letting an animated DS/3DS Printing machine excuse take over your opinion.

Not really. It's just Nintendo's thing. Mario and Pokemon takes up the majority of the stuff we get at any given time. Let's look at some examples.
F-Zero GX: Well reviewed and received, considered the best F-Zero game, and sold decently. Not fantastic, but ok. Have we gotten a single new F-Zero game since? Nope.
Donkey Kong: A bunch of konga games that didn't do that well, and finally the first new platformer of DK's on the Wii since DK64. Skipping a whole generation of what the series generally does. But like New Mario, it was modeled after something older.
Star Fox: Last game was an original DS game a number of years ago. No Star Fox for Wii at all, for a number of reasons.

Sadly, Nintendo has this history of relying almost completely on the one or two big money franchises it has, and maybe throwing a different franchise a bone or two every now and again. Looking at the numbers, it's hard to think that it's anything other than sales. Let's be honest here, all the Mario spin-offs are rather samey as far as the non-RPG's go. Mario Kart gets a sort of pass for starting the genre in the first place. But do we really need Mario does this? Mario does that? Love how even if jokingly Miyamoto/Nintendo said about ending it if 643DS didn't do well. Maybe they should consider the fact that every game since 64 just hasn't been that good?

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on October 14, 2011, 06:14:52 PM
Not really. It's just Nintendo's thing. Mario and Pokemon takes up the majority of the stuff we get at any given time. Let's look at some examples.
F-Zero GX: Well reviewed and received, considered the best F-Zero game, and sold decently. Not fantastic, but ok. Have we gotten a single new F-Zero game since? Nope.
Donkey Kong: A bunch of konga games that didn't do that well, and finally the first new platformer of DK's on the Wii since DK64. Skipping a whole generation of what the series generally does. But like New Mario, it was modeled after something older.
Star Fox: Last game was an original DS game a number of years ago. No Star Fox for Wii at all, for a number of reasons.

Sadly, Nintendo has this history of relying almost completely on the one or two big money franchises it has, and maybe throwing a different franchise a bone or two every now and again. Looking at the numbers, it's hard to think that it's anything other than sales. Let's be honest here, all the Mario spin-offs are rather samey as far as the non-RPG's go. Mario Kart gets a sort of pass for starting the genre in the first place. But do we really need Mario does this? Mario does that? Love how even if jokingly Miyamoto/Nintendo said about ending it if 643DS didn't do well. Maybe they should consider the fact that every game since 64 just hasn't been that good?
There's a lot of opinion presented as fact there, especially at the end. Maybe the spin-offs are getting a bit too numerous, but our core franchises have still been going strong since the 64. There really is no decrease in quality or greatness from Super Mario 64 to Super Mario Galaxy. It's working for Nintendo.

...however they can't just do that with everything. Now Star Fox was never quite as high up as Pokemon and Mario were, and that's why it's fading out. Maybe one day we'll get the start of a new franchise. Maybe not. At this point, it's the ones that have been around for nearly 20 years or older that have that classic advantage; it's easier to continue an old trend than start a new one. Unless it's that really lucky instance where it just catches on. But that doesn't seem to be happening a lot.

Bye Fox.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Well, it if helps, they still know the franchise exists. It's not like Capcom who try to troll fans with "Mega Boy" or something.