<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The Shining Fighter Robo: TamJammerz's Newcomer Analyses Part 4 - Ray 01

Started by QingXin, November 12, 2007, 03:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QingXin

The Shining Fighter Robo: Ray 01

A Few Words From TamJammerz...

Hi, my name is TamJammerz. Back in the old NSider forums, I was known throughout the Smash Bros. Board as "The Great Analyzer" (courtesy of SS_Dan for coming up with the title). I recently heard about the rebuilt NSider Forums, so I decided to sign up... And it seems a few other refugees did, also.

Why did I come here? Well, I came to, once again, spread my analyses for fans of the Smash Bros. franchise... And people familiar with my analyses will also be in for some newer content. I'm now providing a lot more in-depth info, details, and crisper movelists to be coupled with my articles.

This is the 4th Newcomer Analysis in my Newcomer Analyses series. Other Newcomer Analyses include:

1. The Infamous Space Pirate: Ridley

2. The Leader of Star Wolf: Wolf O'Donnell

3. The Lord of Grandbell: Sigurd

4. The Grand Master of Terror: Black Shadow

Who is Ray 01?

Game/Franchise - Custom Robo
Orientation - Good
Other Info - A central Robo in all of the Custom Robo games, Ray 01 is one of the most all-around Robos in the series.
Chances of being in Brawl as a playable character - 70%

Ray 01 is a Shining Fighter Robo in the Custom Robo franchise, which is one of the most balanced Robo classes in the game. Custom Robo is basically a science-fiction type of role-playing game, where you get to build and customize your own robots and do battle with them in real time action :D

Ray 01 has appeared in every Custom Robo game (to my knowledge) and is usually the first one that you receive. Ray 01 is usually first equipped with basic, standard weapons at the beginning like a basic blaster, but as the player progresses, Ray 01 will be heavily equipped with powerful guns, bombs, pods and other weapons.

Ray has changed throughout all the Custom Robo games, but his basic design has always stayed the same. The one I'm presenting to you is from Custom Robo for the Gamecube.

Why should Ray 01 be in Brawl?

C'mon, who doesn't want more franchises in Brawl? Ray 01 would be a truly unique fighter, being the only one who is actually a robot.

Ray 01 is a fighting machine, so he'd fit perfectly into Brawl. Aside from also being first-party, Ray 01 would also introduce the Custom Robo franchise to the Super Smash Bros. universe (aside from the trophies in Melee).

One big issue, though, is that Robos are... A foot tall... Yes...

Haha, this doesn't matter, though. In the Smash universe, every fighter in "this world" is a trophy, yes? Well, all the trophies are scaled to the same size, so Ray 01 could pull off being as tall as, maybe, Mewtwo. This is why Bowser and Kirby are resized tremendously :P

This is also why Captain Olimar is a viable choice too, but let's not discuss him... At least, not yet :|

What would Ray 01 be like in Brawl?

Just like in the Custom Robo games, Ray 01 would most likely be an all-around character. Good speed, good attacking, good range, just straight out good. Nothing too it...

Although Ray 01 would have something that sticks out about him... His arsenal of weapons. Ray is a Robo, and Robos fight with guns. All of Ray's Special Attacks would consist of his many guns, bombs, and more.

Overall Status

Power - 2.5/5 (Average attacking power for this Robo )
Range - 3.5/5 (His Robo arms are sure to be longer than the average fighter)
Attacking Speed - 3/5 (Just... All-around)
Running Speed - 3.5/5 (All-around... Again )
Jumping - 2.5/5 (All... Around)
Height - 4/5 (Tall)
Weight - 3/5 (Medium)

Super Robo Movelist, ACTIVATE!!! ... *sigh*

Movelist

Visuals

Opening Appearance - Breaks out of a capsule, just like at the beginning of a battle in Custom Robo.

Normal Stance - Ray bounces on his feet in a fighting stance.

Slow Walk - Ray takes careful steps forward.

Fast Walk - Ray starts walking faster.

Dash - Ray flies forward, hovering off of the ground with his jetpacks.

Jump - Ray jumps up, with a boost with his jetpacks.

Midair Jump - Ray performs a somersault.

Shield - Ray raises his forearms in front of him.

Taunt 1 - Ray quickly tunes up his left arm.

Taunt 2 - Ray takes out a gun and reloads it.

Taunt 3 - Ray raises his gun up and fires into the air. The shot can actually damage opponents.

Normal Attacks

A, A, A... - Ray performs two jabs and performs a back flip while hovering up with his jetpack. Ray will then perform bicycle kicks while suspended in the air.

Dash A - Ray performs bicycle kicks while suspended in midair by his jetpacks.

Strong A (Side) - A quick spinning roundhouse kick.

Strong A (Down) - A crouching wheel kick.

Strong A (Up) - Ray performs a crescent kick upwards.

Smash A (Side) - Ray performs a double thrust kick at opponents with both legs simultaneously while hovering with his jetpack.

Smash A (Down) - Ray spins on the ground with his legs extended out to the side, being spun by his jetpacks.

Smash A (Up) - Ray flips upside-down and performs bicycle kicks upwards while suspended by his jetpacks.

Aerial Attacks

A - A standard sex kick.

Smash A (Front) - Two kicks forward.

Smash A (Back) - Ray spins back and performs a back fist.

Smash A (Down) - Ray performs a drill kick downward.

Smash A (Up) - Ray performs a drill kick upwards.

Grabs

Z - A lapel grab with the right hand.

A (Grabbing) - Ray knee jabs the opponent.

Front - Ray kicks the enemy forward.

Back - Ray hurls the enemy back and drives his elbow into the opponent.

Down - Ray throws the enemy down and repeatadly kicks them with both legs while hovering with his jetpacks.

Up - Ray throws the enemy up, flies up, and follows up by kicking them back. Ray then lands. Ray has super armor while in this grab.

Special Attacks

B: Dragon - This attack is chargeable. When released, Ray will fire forward a blast that appears to be a fiery Dragon. The Dragon will knock enemies back and cause fire damage. You can arc the projection of the Dragon by tilting up or down before firing the Dragon. The size, range, power, and travel distance of the Dragon depends on how long you charged the Dragon up.

Smash B: Shotgun - Ray fires three fat, high-speed blasts forward (two firing forward at a downward and upward angle and one shooting straight forward) with his Shotgun. The shots will knock enemies back. It has quick startup time, but has a lag time at the end, because Ray must briefly reload the Shotgun afterwards.

Down B: Burrow Bomb - Ray sets a bomb into the ground. Any character, excluding Ray, who comes in contact with the bomb will be blown away. You can only set three bombs at a time, and after that, you can't set anymore until the bombs are set off. Ray's projectiles can set off the bombs.

Up B: Pod Boost - Ray deploys a Pod and hangs on to it. It will fly up, and you can slightly direct the flight path. The Pod will then explode, propelling Ray even higher up. The explosion can damage opponents... Don't worry, though, the explosion doesn't hurt Ray ;)

Final Smash: Ray Warrior - Ray transforms into Ray Warrior, an upgrade of Ray 01. Ray's speed will increase, along with his attacking speed, power, knockback, range, jumping, and his Special Attacks will receive vast improvements. After about 15 seconds in this state, Ray will transform back into Ray 01 form.

Further Comments
If you thought that there would be better choices in terms of weapons for Ray's movelist, please, let me know ;)

I hope you had fun and enjoyed reading this ;)

La Pared

wow very nice TJ.
I never really thought about a Custom Robo rep until now. :D

www.Revolutionists.co.nr

DededeCloneChris

Ridley

Just keep them coming they are all going to the archive like we agreed so people will have easy access ;)
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Depster

I think his upthrow should be he grabs the guy, throws him upward, and shoots the basic gun at him.  Also, if he doesn't hover with a jetpack, he has small thrusters on his legs.  And instead of that dash A, make it his charge attack instead, a huge dash foward, or make that his over B

EDIT: Ray 01 is awesome either way  ;) Glad you did this profile.  By the way, you should post a pic of Ray Warrior, I've never seen him, he was the only Robo I had left to get in the GC game, but my data got corrupted...

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

DededeCloneChris

If any of the things Tamjammerz said are not true, I will kill him- ;)

QingXin

Quote from: Depster on November 12, 2007, 04:43:41 PM
I think his upthrow should be he grabs the guy, throws him upward, and shoots the basic gun at him.  Also, if he doesn't hover with a jetpack, he has small thrusters on his legs.  And instead of that dash A, make it his charge attack instead, a huge dash foward, or make that his over B

EDIT: Ray 01 is awesome either way  ;) Glad you did this profile.  By the way, you should post a pic of Ray Warrior, I've never seen him, he was the only Robo I had left to get in the GC game, but my data got corrupted...
@#$%... @#$%!!!! ... Double @#$%!!!!

Okay, you seem to be the Custom Robo expert, so I guess I'll listen to you :P

QingXin

Next analysis will feature The Grandmaster of Terror... Black Shadow!
I'm currently in need of decent pictures (you know what size I want).

Tell your friends ;)