News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

What a dead board; anyways, PS3 related

Started by THEEVILSPERKY, January 16, 2008, 09:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEEVILSPERKY

I'm thinking about getting one.  Why?  I'm not sure.  I haven't looked into it much, but I've heard Blu-ray is going to the new format and HD-DVD isn't.. so there's one reason to get a PS3.  I have a PSP so those two can connect and do stuff... I guess.  I just got a 1080p HDTV and well, I think a PS3 with Blu-ray would go well with it.  As for games.. is there anything..?  Anything at all on it???

Any information on Blu-ray VS HD-DVD to help better my own knowledge on the subject and PS3 only games (what they are) as well as if any multi-console games have any advantages/disadvantages would be great.

Thanks.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

WiiGuy

Motor storm is a good game ;)
you can also download demos from the playstation store.

Burnout Paridise is a really really good game :)
-Free burn (Free roam)
-Online play
-Great grafix

...and yeah this board is kinda dead >_>

ME86

Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Ratchet and Clank Future Tools of Destruction
Resistance Fall of Man
Resistance 2
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Online
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Gran Turismo 5
White Knight Chronicles
God of War III
Heavenly Sword
LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm [If you want it]
MotorStorm 2 [agian, only if you want it]
Killzone 2, meh.
inFamous

And that's all I can think of.

sleepin_dude_99

I'd recommend not, It's just not worth it right now.

wthg

I'd recomend Call of Duty 4 which is also on the Xbox 360. On the PS3 it has better graphics. There's Uncharted Drakes Fortune if you like thinking about what you should do to beat the level. And LittleBig Planet is coming out you can create levels on it and share them with people online. Blu-Ray now has more choices than Hi-Def since Warner Bros. is now making all of their movies in Blu-Ray and not Hi-Def. I think Blu-Ray is better and and the cheapest Blu-Ray player is between $300 to $400 so if you want to pay a little more or the same amount to play games and do other things I suggest you get the PS3 but that's just me. All my game systems except for my Wii are Sony. I have a PS1, PS2, 2 PSP's, and a PS3.

THEEVILSPERKY

I should give you guys an update I suppose!

I browsed eBay for a 60 gig version and found one!  For $500 I got a barely-used system that came with two games and three movies.  The two games were the Ratchet and Clank game (haven't played yet) and Heavenly Sword.  I've played a few missions/levels in HS and it's alright.  The three movies the guy threw in were House of Flying Daggers, Harry Potter 5, and The Fifth Element.  I tried out a demo for Uncharted and bought that game as well.  Just recently I also got Devil May Cry 4 and the collector's edition at that. ^_^

I now own 15 blu-ray movies total and with Toshiba's recent announcement I don't have to worry about blu-ray dying out because of hd-dvd... but who knows how well blu-ray will take off on it's own just the same. ~_^;

I have my eyes on LittleBigPlanet and God of War III as far as future titles... and maybe FFXIII. ^_^

Also, the PS3 is the best (in at least this perspective) blu-ray player currently since it can be firmware updated to 2.0 when that's available whereas you'd have a 1.0 or 1.1 player otherwise if you buy a standalone currently; they can't be upgraded via firmware. :-P

I'm having a little trouble with Remote Play but I've gotten that to work twice now.. so I'll get the hang of that soon.. the networking in my house could be a little more... stable... heh.

Anyways, in conclusion, I'm very happy with this purchase and I'm glad I was able to get the deal I got.  I'm just wondering what exactly is around the corner with the 80 gig versions being discontinued... at least I got the best version out of the initial batch released.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

amplas

I think you should get the full version of Monsters. It's the only strategy game on the PSstore (it's an rts). It is amazingly fun and the full game is only 8 dollars.