News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Beware of cover versions of songs...

Started by metroidhunter777, January 18, 2008, 07:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroidhunter777

I had never heard (or at least not remembered) the real version of Sweet Child O' Mine until I after I played it in Guitar Hero II, so I thought that the vocals were accurate. Ha, you shoulda seen my reaction when I first heard Axl Rose's voice. So, beware cover versions, unless you like shocks like that. >_>

major tom

metroidhunter777

Quote from: Co-Z on January 18, 2008, 08:38:51 PM
You first heard SCOM on GHII?

o_o

Like I said, I might have heard it on the radio before that, just not remembered it.

Lotos

I almost died when I heard some covers (Rock N' Roll All Night's cover in GH3 sucked balls, Sweet Child O' Mine murdered my ear drums in GH2 and Killing in the Name in GH2 made me die a little inside :()

Kaz

Try Dolly Parton's cover of "Stairway to Heaven," Limp Bizkit's cover of "Behind Blue Eyes," and William Shatner's cover of "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."

Hilarious.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

JMV

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on January 18, 2008, 11:17:32 PM
Try Dolly Parton's cover of "Stairway to Heaven," Limp Bizkit's cover of "Behind Blue Eyes," and William Shatner's cover of "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds."

Hilarious.
William Shatner as in Captain Kirk?
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Fell

Hilarious.

Wut.

._.

no way......

Anyway, the cover for Carry on Wayward son was awful. NEEDZ MOAR ORGAN!  :robotangry: And the vocals weren't that great.... The cover for More than a feeling was horrendous also.

Spongebob does not approve

Zovistograt

mmm, well, some covers are better than the originals.  Like the cover of Jumpin' Jack Flash from EBA.  Yeah I went there.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Fell

Quote from: Zovistograt on January 19, 2008, 08:38:22 AM
mmm, well, some covers are better than the originals.  Like the cover of Jumpin' Jack Flash from EBA.  Yeah I went there.

That cover was awesome.

Same with Without A Fight.

Hoobastank's isn't as good.

Spongebob does not approve

major tom

Nope. There's a common rule that applies to all Rolling Stones covers: No Rolling Stones cover can ever be better than the original. Not even Grand Funk's intercourse ing awesome Gimme Shelter.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Co-Z on January 19, 2008, 10:31:04 AM
Nope. There's a common rule that applies to all Rolling Stones covers: No Rolling Stones cover can ever be better than the original. Not even Grand Funk's intercourse ing awesome Gimme Shelter.
I just think that the cover does a better job of bringing out the awesome guitar rift.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kaz

Quote from: JMV290 on January 18, 2008, 11:48:19 PM

Hilarious.
William Shatner as in Captain Kirk?

Yes. He reads the lyrics in this weird, overdramatic voice. He doesn't even sing.

Quote from: Felldohs_wrath on January 19, 2008, 05:47:10 AM
Wut.

._.

no way......

It's true. It exists. The Who actually let Limp Bizkit get their grubby little hands on "Behind Blue Eyes," record it, and even do a music video for it.

major tom

Quote from: Zovistograt on January 19, 2008, 10:52:50 AM
I just think that the cover does a better job of bringing out the awesome guitar rift.
Liar. That riff was already perfect, it cannot be improved. Rule of Rolling Stones covers. Guns N' Roses' version of Sympathy For The Devil has a lot more energy in it, but it STILL can't beat the classic.

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on January 19, 2008, 12:37:15 PM
It's true. It exists. The Who actually let Limp Bizkit get their grubby little hands on "Behind Blue Eyes," record it, and even do a music video for it.
It's a piece of poop. Behind Blue Eyes = amazing song, Limp Bizkit cover = disgrace.

I've heard dumbpoop kids say that Limp Bizkit's cover is better. Idiots.

Also, Hinder - Born To Be Wild. lol.

Kaz

Quote from: Co-Z on January 19, 2008, 01:20:56 PM

Also, Hinder - Born To Be Wild. lol.

Blue Oyster Cult also did a pretty cool cover of that song. Very different arrangement from the original. Almost seems like a different song.

Silverhawk79

Cover songs usually aren't very good...but I love the cover of Imagine that A Perfect Circle did.
It sounds like a whole new song. :)