UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

How do you listen to your music?

Started by WiiGuy, January 29, 2008, 12:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahrann

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on January 30, 2008, 07:42:18 PM
Quote from: Co-Z on January 29, 2008, 09:07:55 PM
Am I the only one who can get irritated from earbuds after awhile?
Yeah my ears start hurting after few ours of having them in.

Same.
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Steal

Earbuds piss me off. Huge-ass headphones and speakers are the only acceptable ways of listening to music.

major tom

Quote from: Steal on February 01, 2008, 01:07:35 AM
Earbuds piss me off. Huge-ass headphones and speakers are the only acceptable ways of listening to music.
Headphones piss me off. They don't let me ears breathe. I especially don't like the ones with flat pads against your ears, pushing them to your head. And you also gotta turn up the volume more with headphones, so unless they're a fancy Bose thing or sumtin, they'll be noisy to other people.

Speakers > earbuds > headphoanz.

Steal

Quote from: Co-Z on February 01, 2008, 06:31:31 PM
Quote from: Steal on February 01, 2008, 01:07:35 AM
Headphones piss me off. They don't let me ears breathe. I especially don't like the ones with flat pads against your ears, pushing them to your head. And you also gotta turn up the volume more with headphones, so unless they're a fancy Bose thing or sumtin, they'll be noisy to other people.

Speakers > earbuds > headphoanz.
I find myself having the volume at lower levels with headphones than earbuds, because any actually decent headphones (meaning, massive ones) will block out outside noise far better than wimpy little earbuds. And of course, huge, soft, over-ear headphones are far more comfy than any earbuds. Also, the sound quality doesn't diminish nearly as much at higher levels with over-ear headphones than it does with earbuds, and for the most part, headphones just plain sound better, especially if you're willing to drop down 50 - 60 bucks for a decent pair.

major tom

Giant-ass headphones are good, but not for me. I like my iPod to be portable. Every other day I have a computer class in school. Since the work is individual work, the teacher lets us listen to our iPods in the class. It's much more convenient for me to keep an iPod with earbuds in my binder than going to my locker and getting giant ass headphones.

Cancelling out the outer noise is good, but there's some situations that you might need to hear someone.

Earbuds = still ftw. At least, in my opinion.

Steal

I just wear my huge-ass headphones around my neck.

But, I have to agree with you on the needing to be able to hear sometimes part

Miiman56

JMV

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah