News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Subbed vs Dubbed

Started by Mario583, August 16, 2008, 11:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lohn Jocke

The only dubbed I like is Lucky Star. Although Konata STILL doesn't sound smartass.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Live2Die989 on August 18, 2008, 09:15:08 AM
The only dubbed I like is Lucky Star. Although Konata STILL doesn't sound smartass.
there was actually a fandub on Youtube of the first 4 minutes of the first episode that sounded better than the one they made.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

it really depends on the dub itself (FLCL, FMA, etc.) are fine, but for the most part the subs tend to be better acted

Mystic

Quote from: Live2Die989 on August 18, 2008, 09:06:30 AM
Quote from: Mystic on August 17, 2008, 07:30:49 PM
In general, dubbed is better. Subbed means you can't multitask without having to go back to read what you missed.
If you are multitasking, then why are you watching? Just do the work you have to do.
What's wrong with doing more than one thing at once?

And there's nothing wrong with a dub if they use good voices and don't translate it horribly.
For example, Utawarerumono and Gurren Lagann

Kaso

Also, the subbed versions come out within a few days of the raw release in Japan. It takes much longer to dub.

Lohn Jocke

Quote from: Kaso on August 18, 2008, 12:31:07 PM
Also, the subbed versions come out within a few days of the raw release in Japan. It takes much longer to dub.
Sometimes even less. I think one of the Lucky Star episodes were subbed about 5 hours after it was aired.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Live2Die989 on August 18, 2008, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: Kaso on August 18, 2008, 12:31:07 PM
Sometimes even less. I think one of the Lucky Star episodes were subbed about 5 hours after it was aired.
yeah I think it was the last episode.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

ThePowerOfOne

Subbed ftw

I never watch dubbed.

Lotos

I rather have the dub.  After seeing Pokemon and Naruto...

Zovistograt

Quote from: Lotos on August 21, 2008, 05:51:15 PM
I rather have the dub.  After seeing Pokemon and Naruto...
You need to watch more anime :D