Main Menu

Post your anime collection. ^_^

Started by Mario583, August 13, 2008, 01:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on August 20, 2008, 05:21:42 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on August 20, 2008, 05:10:58 AM
Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on August 18, 2008, 07:54:41 PM
I only been into anime for about a year now.
QuoteI did not even know the word otaku untill last week when I herd Hbi2k, MasakoX and KaiserNeko (you may of herd of them from there abridged series) podcast.
...O_o that's odd.

Thats not entirely true. I been into anime ever since I discovered Adult Swim but i don't think I went from being an casual anime otaku until about a year or so ago and did not know that word to describe myself until a bout a week ago. Actually I'm in a very similar susurration with my family that you described. My dad hates anything Japanese so I'm trying to keep it a secret from him right now. He was really surprised when I let him caught me reading Death Note the other day.
hm, I guess there are some differences as to how we got into anime.  My first anime that sparked me getting into anime was Lucky Star while it was still being aired, and that anime is at the center of otaku culture.  Point taken.

by the way, I looked up susurration and it's "A soft, whispering or rustling sound; a murmur."
:3
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

RevolutionSoldier

Quote from: Zovistograt on August 21, 2008, 05:00:20 AM
Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on August 20, 2008, 05:21:42 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on August 20, 2008, 05:10:58 AM
Quote from: RevolutionSoldier on August 18, 2008, 07:54:41 PM
I only been into anime for about a year now.
QuoteI did not even know the word otaku untill last week when I herd Hbi2k, MasakoX and KaiserNeko (you may of herd of them from there abridged series) podcast.
...O_o that's odd.

Thats not entirely true. I been into anime ever since I discovered Adult Swim but i don't think I went from being an casual anime otaku until about a year or so ago and did not know that word to describe myself until a bout a week ago. Actually I'm in a very similar susurration with my family that you described. My dad hates anything Japanese so I'm trying to keep it a secret from him right now. He was really surprised when I let him caught me reading Death Note the other day.
hm, I guess there are some differences as to how we got into anime.  My first anime that sparked me getting into anime was Lucky Star while it was still being aired, and that anime is at the center of otaku culture.  Point taken.

by the way, I looked up susurration and it's "A soft, whispering or rustling sound; a murmur."
:3

The first anime that really got me hoocked and made me want to start looking for and collecting anime was The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Before that I watch in on cartoon network and I think I always liked anime better than the western stuff but I can't remember when I started to recognize anime as anime and not just cartoons.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.

Nayrman

How was your first anime(s) that got you interested were Pretentousness of Mary Sue (Haruhi XD ) and Lucky Star? Surely you guys were around when the "Rising Sun" block was up on Toonami X_X;;
But yea the first ones I got serious about were on Adult Swim when that block first came out (Cowboy Bebop, Trigun...and for a while Inuyasha before I realized how repetitive/mundane it was)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Nayrman on August 21, 2008, 05:27:24 PM
How was your first anime(s) that got you interested were Pretentousness of Mary Sue (Haruhi XD ) and Lucky Star? Surely you guys were around when the "Rising Sun" block was up on Toonami X_X;;
I never really was into anime because I thought it was all shonen crap (of course, I didn't know it was called shonen).  Then I started looking around the Internet more and saw that some anime, oddly enough the stuff NOT on American TV, was actually decent and I kinda liked it.  One day in Oldsider, 1L (aka KAKASHI_THE_COPY_NINJA) posted a thread where he linked to a Youtube video of a clip from Lucky Star, specifically the one in the anime store.  Then I figured I'd see if there were episodes on Youtube, and I watched the first episode...I loved it.  Absolutely loved it.  Thought it was weird at first to love watching a bunch of colorful Japanese high school girls discussing random food, but...I loved it.  So I kept at it and I was hooked.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

RevolutionSoldier

Quote from: Nayrman on August 21, 2008, 05:27:24 PM
But yea the first ones I got serious about were on Adult Swim when that block first came out (Cowboy Bebop, Trigun...and for a while Inuyasha before I realized how repetitive/mundane it was)

I did not watch the Rising Son block because it was on to early but I did follow anime of Toonami and on Adult Swim. I did get into it quit a bit but I only knew about the anime that make it to cartoon network. The one day I was on Youtube and I came across this glory's anime called The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. After that I started to look for anime online. I watched quit alot of fansubs and some along the way became an otaku.
Quote from:  Emma GoldmanResistance to tyranny is mans highest ideal.

Quote from:  Huey NewtonThe Revolution has always been fought in the hands of the young. The young always inherit the revolution.