News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

My friend doesn't like subs

Started by Mario583, September 24, 2008, 02:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario583

So, I talked to HyperMetal Sonic about watching an Anime in subs since he's been watching it in the dubbed format up to episode.

He claims that he doesn't like sub since he statest that he wants to hear an Anime in a Language he can understand.

I mean, wut's so bad about subs?  I mean, you can read em faster then the Jap voices can finish that segment in English and still see the action.

Level_9_Chao

I'm not extremely turned off by subs, but yeah, I'd rather be able to understand the people talking than have to read constantly. I do enough reading anyway.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

HTA!

Zovistograt

Tell him he isn't truly appreciating anime then and that he should just watch stupid mainstream shonen if he's going to have that attitude.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Mystic

There's nothing wrong with dubs as long as it's done right.

However, refusing to watch subs is pretty lame, just as it is lame to refuse to watch dubs. Tell him he sucks.

Beatnik

For me it really depends on the show. Some have really good voice acting in the dubbed version. With Cowboy Bebop, for example. Sometimes it's much more entertaining in its original language though, like with Azumanga Daioh.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Kaz

zovi you're such a nazi

Quote from: Mystic on September 24, 2008, 09:17:20 PM

However, refusing to watch subs is pretty lame, just as it is lame to refuse to watch dubs. Tell him he sucks.

agreed
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Riosan

Quote from: Mystic on September 24, 2008, 09:17:20 PM

You're actually right for once.

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 24, 2008, 06:43:15 PM
Tell him he isn't truly appreciating anime then and that he should just watch stupid mainstream shonen if he's going to have that attitude.

And you're just an anime Nazi. Repeat after me: It's okay to watch dubs as long as they're well-done. General rule, avoid anything dubbed by 4Kids or the like. Most things dubbed by ADV I've seen have been pretty good.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Kaz

Quote from: Riosan on September 26, 2008, 03:13:00 AM
Quote from: Zovistograt on September 24, 2008, 06:43:15 PM

And you're just an anime Nazi. Repeat after me: It's okay to watch dubs as long as they're well-done. General rule, avoid anything dubbed by 4Kids or the like. Most things dubbed by ADV I've seen have been pretty good.

NO RIO

THE JAPANESE VOICE IS BEAUTIFUL FOR REASONS UNKNOWN AND THEREFORE DUBS ARE A BASTARDIZED FORM OF A BEAUTIFUL ART

GOD DAMN THOSE AMERICANS AND THEIR SILLY "ENGLISH"

YOU DON'T APPRECIATE ART AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Beatnik

One of my favorite things about watching anime in Japanese is when they speak english.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Riosan

Quote from: Kaz on September 26, 2008, 08:22:03 AM
THE JAPANESE VOICE IS BEAUTIFUL FOR REASONS UNKNOWN AND THEREFORE DUBS ARE A BASTARDIZED FORM OF A BEAUTIFUL ART

YOU'RE SO RIGHT

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANYTHING IN JAPANESE MEANS AND I'M JUST A STUPID KID WHO TRIES TO LEARN JAPANESE FROM ANIME BUT YOU'RE SO RIGHT

Zovistograt

Quote from: Beatnik on September 26, 2008, 09:23:21 AM
One of my favorite things about watching anime in Japanese is when they speak english.

I concur, it's funny, especially when they aren't very good at it.

Also...you know what I'm not even going to comment on what's going on in this thread >.>
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Beatnik

All the capslock action in this thread is giving me a stiffy.

Riosan

Quote from: Beatnik on September 26, 2008, 07:06:06 PM
All the capslock action in this thread is giving me a stiffy.

Mission accomplished.

Beatnik

The idea that some stranger on the internet had a mission, a mission to give me a boner, is extremely disturbing.