News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Old To New = Brighter?

Started by JrDude, December 03, 2008, 09:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

I noticed that in a lot of cartoons and anime, the colors start to get brighter as new episodes come, like you watch the first episode, then the latest and the old one looks old and the newer one looks bright.
Anyone else notice this or am I just a moron?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

I think it's just because they make minor changes to the style; making it more relevant to our tastes. I've noticed it on some, not all, but that would be my guess.

Nayrman

this happens in really long running shows. Often they'll change animators or the look in order to keep up with current development standards. This is painfully obvious with DragonBallZ **early episodes in the late 80's while GT ended in the mid 90's you can tell a clear difference**

Java

I've seen that happen before too.

One cartoon that I've especially seen that in is The Simpsons.

Compare the first episodes to the movie or even the latest episodes.
It's amazing what a difference it is.

Zovistograt

A lot of them clean up (I suppose you could say), although I haven't really seen that big of a change if you go for anime.  Then again...the anime I watch usually doesn't go over 26 episodes...
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Level_9_Chao

Yeah, I noticed this with my old Pokemon TV-recorded tapes from 1998. ::)

I don't know if this applies to all animes, though. I mean, yeah, Pokemon and DBZ clearly. But the few (early) Narutos I watched were pretty darn crisp already. I think it only shows when the anime started in the 80s/90s, no? As 2D animation went more and more to computerized coloring and stuff.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Nayrman

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on December 04, 2008, 06:34:29 PM
Yeah, I noticed this with my old Pokemon TV-recorded tapes from 1998. ::)

I don't know if this applies to all animes, though. I mean, yeah, Pokemon and DBZ clearly. But the few (early) Narutos I watched were pretty darn crisp already. I think it only shows when the anime started in the 80s/90s, no? As 2D animation went more and more to computerized coloring and stuff.
Exactly...
One Piece has some increase in value but most modern stuff there isn't much a difference.
I demand you watch the old DB episodes then watch the new special ^_^