News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Guitar.

Started by Ron, April 14, 2009, 04:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

Anyone else here play guitar? I've been playing since December now and have kinda taught myself all the basic chords, plus a few of the more difficult such as F.

I've also written several songs (This was before I was playing guitar) and had always thought how cool it'd be to actually make them into real songs with guitar...And so today I finally got around to doing that (instead of my petty covers that I've been doing)

This is the result -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjqnqz8gkKM

I'm asking for constructive criticism, if anyone feels up to it. You can also get to my other stuff like my covers from that link, if you're interested.

And feel free to discuss playing guitar and music in general as well.

Click me ^

Level_9_Chao

I can only play various forms of bass, and I've been trying in vain to self-teach guitar, so nice job on learning, first of all. =D

Honestly, the song is a little... ordinary(?), but it's decent nonetheless; I like it. It seems like the verses and stuff blend into each other really fast (maybe try to space things out a little more), but melodically you're on the right track.

Singing isn't that bad either; better than me anyway. Nice job for one of your firsts.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Red

I've been playing guitar since I was 4.

Yesterday I spent an hour figuring out how to play Girl by The Beatles. It took me a while to realize they had a capo on the 8th fret. >.>

Also, the song is really good. It's really catchy.  Your voice is pretty good too. :)

Fish

I like the song. Guitar playing was nice and tied together the lyrics. ^_^ You just need to practice your singing to get some notes in tune and whatnot.
As for me I can't play the guitar, but my brother can.  =P And I can't sing worth a flip.  D=

I tried to learn some stuff on my sisters guitar. I couldn't get past learning how to read sheet music. Although I did learn how to play Mary had a little lamb.
...̅̅̅

Ron

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on April 14, 2009, 07:18:48 PM
I can only play various forms of bass, and I've been trying in vain to self-teach guitar, so nice job on learning, first of all. =D

Honestly, the song is a little... ordinary(?), but it's decent nonetheless; I like it. It seems like the verses and stuff blend into each other really fast (maybe try to space things out a little more), but melodically you're on the right track.

Singing isn't that bad either; better than me anyway. Nice job for one of your firsts.
I was going for ordinary. :] I honestly wrote the guitar part for it in like 5 minutes, I had already written the song almost a year ago xD
So I realize it definitely needs some tweaking...and my voice has always been a little shaky xP

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Click me ^

ThePowerOfOne

I can play guitar, but I almost never do. I much prefer the piano.

.:DL:.

Yea, I've been playing since 4.

I have tried writing my own pieces, but those are major fails. >.<

Though I can play many artist's songs like Metallica, Oasis, Beatles etc.  Just yesterday I finally learned Wonderwall.  ;D

Doodle

Do I own a guitar? Yes.
Can I play it? No. :P
YEAH

Ron

Quote from: .:DL:. on April 15, 2009, 11:04:13 AM
Yea, I've been playing since 4.

I have tried writing my own pieces, but those are major fails. >.<

Though I can play many artist's songs like Metallica, Oasis, Beatles etc.  Just yesterday I finally learned Wonderwall.  ;D
Funny you mentioned that song. xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqJ4ZKiTMLc

Click me ^

tibar21

i've been playing guitar for a couple years now ur pretty good for someone that's only been playing for 5 months. good voice. nice rythym. you said u took like 5 minutes to write the guitar. it looked like you didn't use many different chords. when you tweak it you should maybe experiment with some other chords to give the melody more flavor. you're on the right track. i've written a number of riffs, but only one song which has no lyrics.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

BOSSNIG

wait i actually stopped listening to good music to watch this
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

RX-78-2

I will have been playing for a year this summer (i think). I can't play clean chords, but I can play power chords well (anyone can :(). I can play Iron Man, (basically) Smoke on the Water, Blitzkrieg Bop (like I said: "anyone can"), Devil's Child (by Judas Priest), some Zelda songs. That's about it. Oh and I can't play play any of the solos in those songs.  :( I usually stick to riffs.

Anyway, great song. Also, great voice and great lyrics. You have a lot of potential. Just be confident and make sure your voice is as clear as possible. Maybe add a bass guitar and some softly played, simple drums? Stick to it though.

Our journeys may be different but our destination is the same. (lol, good lyrics right there eh?)
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

tibar21

Quote from: TerribleFrog on May 03, 2009, 05:38:57 PM
I will have been playing for a year this summer (i think). I can't play clean chords, but I can play power chords well (anyone can :(). I can play Iron Man, (basically) Smoke on the Water, Blitzkrieg Bop (like I said: "anyone can"), Devil's Child (by Judas Priest), some Zelda songs. That's about it. Oh and I can't play play any of the solos in those songs.  :( I usually stick to riffs.

Anyway, great song. Also, great voice and great lyrics. You have a lot of potential. Just be confident and make sure your voice is as clear as possible. Maybe add a bass guitar and some softly played, simple drums? Stick to it though.

Our journeys may be different but our destination is the same. (lol, good lyrics right there eh?)
uh power chords can be very hard too. believe it or not. If you wanna know what I mean look up some songs from Rancid.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Metalbott

I've been playing guitar for 4-5 years now.

Recently began taking lessons, stopped taking them. I plan on doing some hardcore practice during the summer (of course taking lessons again).

I'll see if I can record some cover this weekend and post it :P