News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Is anyone writing a full-fledged and completely original novel/story/book etc.?

Started by RX-78-2, May 20, 2009, 07:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsumaru

I've started countless stories, but I've finished none of them.

This new one has my full attention, though.  Set in 2050 New York City, a civilian describes a day in his life that is filled with oppression.  It also gives brief descriptions of how the world as a whole is.  I may add in other characters if I decide to make it into a novel.

dawnwolfNxhoj

hmm, i'm planning to. My current story is to introduce most of my characters, then it'll be a severe fanfic. I have about 3 and a half of my  original story done, just something more to go.
The main thing about my original story is to introduce each character and provide the reader a bit of background on how they met each other and the main character's main wish.

Chris8492

I have 2 that are In progress on FanFiction and they on the site here.

One of them is going to have atleast two volumes to seperate the time frames.

RX-78-2

Quote from: dawnwolfnxhoj on March 09, 2010, 11:00:52 PM
The main thing about my original story is to introduce each character and provide the reader a bit of background on how they met each other and the main character's main wish.
I'm kind of doing this. If you look at my ideas for novels, comics, etc. in the first post, they're all separate series, but come together at the climax of the "franchise." I don't want to sound conceited, but all I can say is that it'll be epic.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Chris8492

Quote from: RX-78-2 on March 11, 2010, 12:17:49 PM
I'm kind of doing this. If you look at my ideas for novels, comics, etc. in the first post, they're all separate series, but come together at the climax of the "franchise." I don't want to sound conceited, but all I can say is that it'll be epic.

I see what you mean. I read a book back in Seventh Grade that's pretty close to the same idea of planning as yours does.

The novel's name is "Scorpion Shards" if you want to find it.

RX-78-2

Chris8492

My English teacher found my FanFic Writings last night!  :O Stalker?

she just referred to them in class today! I feel pretty embarrassed now :(

Hopefully this won't be humiliating

Night the Lucario

Well, I used to write poetry, every now and again, and I think I'm going to start it back up. Maybe when I get more half-way decent poetry written up I'll make a topic for it. My poems are mostly self-reflections and explorations, but I've been known to write other things. If you would like me to write you a poem, I can try. I refuse to say it's going to be good, but... well, I can try.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

RX-78-2

Quote from: AcerChris on March 25, 2010, 07:41:40 AM
My English teacher found my FanFic Writings last night!  :O Stalker?

she just referred to them in class today! I feel pretty embarrassed now :(

Hopefully this won't be humiliating
That stinks. She's definitely a stalker unless you made even the slightest reference to them to her (as in, told her anything at all about your fanfics). Just curious, but what did she say?

Quote from: Night the Lucario on March 25, 2010, 04:54:57 PM
Well, I used to write poetry, every now and again, and I think I'm going to start it back up. Maybe when I get more half-way decent poetry written up I'll make a topic for it. My poems are mostly self-reflections and explorations, but I've been known to write other things. If you would like me to write you a poem, I can try. I refuse to say it's going to be good, but... well, I can try.
You probably already know this, but if you want to get better at writing poetry--or writing in general--read. And read a lot. Especially read the classics and those that are critically acclaimed and challenging to read and understand. Not only will you get some influences, but you'll increase your vocabulary and get better ideas for your own writing, not to mention being an overall better writer of any kind. I enjoy writing poetry very much, but sadly, I don't do it often.