News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Started by Triforceman22, December 20, 2009, 05:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforceman22

If you saw it, did you like it?

I for one, loved it.
The movie was gorgeous, had great characters and had a pretty decent plot.

I expect it to win at least a couple of Oscars.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

ThePowerOfOne

AMAZING

I just saw it, definitely one of the best movies of 2009.

Light

Special Effects: Amazing
3D: Completely immersing
Acting: Top notch
Story: It sucked. :| Sorry, but the story has been done so many times before, and now it's just become stale.

That's not saying I didn't like the movie, as I did; I just think the lack of a great story dragged the rest of it a bit down.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Nayrman

bad movie is bad.

Just because it has good CG doesn't mean it's a good movie. The 3D was just okay, but it's still just a stupid gimmick that adds absolutely nothing to films.
the characters were shallow and one shot, and the only person who grew AT ALL was Jake, and even then his character arc was blatantly obvious and unoriginal. Story was basically Ferngully in space or intergalactic Dances With Wolves...
THIS is the movie that will change film making? I doubt it. After this year no one will even remember it. Fuck you James Cameron for wasting so much money on a movie I'd seen a million times before, especially when the money could go to more worthwhile projects... like District 9, which was by far the superior film on a budget less than 10% of Avatar's

Dog Food

Quote from: Light on January 05, 2010, 12:37:47 AM
Special Effects: Amazing
3D: Completely immersing
Acting: Top notch
Story: It sucked. :| Sorry, but the story has been done so many times before, and now it's just become stale.

That's not saying I didn't like the movie, as I did; I just think the lack of a great story dragged the rest of it a bit down.
THANK YOU.

Quote from: Nayrman on January 05, 2010, 07:56:15 AM
bad movie is bad.

Just because it has good CG doesn't mean it's a good movie. The 3D was just okay, but it's still just a stupid gimmick that adds absolutely nothing to films.
the characters were shallow and one shot, and the only person who grew AT ALL was Jake, and even then his character arc was blatantly obvious and unoriginal. Story was basically Ferngully in space or intergalactic Dances With Wolves...
THIS is the movie that will change film making? I doubt it. After this year no one will even remember it. Fuck you James Cameron for wasting so much money on a movie I'd seen a million times before, especially when the money could go to more worthwhile projects... like District 9, which was by far the superior film on a budget less than 10% of Avatar's
THANK YOU EVEN MORE.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Thirdkoopa

I'm going to see this with a few friends, so I'll be able to find out for myself. If the plot's really that awful and It's 3 hours long...Oh boy. I better be ready for a poopload of tangents.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Nayrman

I hate the media... I really do.

NBC's Nightly News ended their program on how great Avatar was and how it's "deeper meaning is wonderful and great" even though they're clearly not even using their heads or they would've seen that it's philandering and too obvious. They interviewed briefly two off the street people (both of whom were obvious that they're not film critics) and a film critic who called it a perfect movie.

Good lord these guys wouldn't know a good movie if Hitchcock, Spielberg, and Orson Wells collaborated on the best story driven film in cinema history and handed it right to them.

SkyMyl

Thank you NSF, you have confirmed my doubts about this movie.

Macawmoses

I actually fell asleep through it :x

It just bored the hell out of me. Sure, it looks pretty. It really does, and I don't think we can take anything away from it in that department. But if I had half a billion to blow on a movie, I'm sure I could make something with decent graphics and effects too. And I guarantee you there wouldn't be people sleeping.

What bothers me is that a film that is good is getting all the recognition, while the great films (Up, District 9, etc.) get ignored largely. Then again, Transformers was the top earning film of 2009 (Avatar hitting in 2010, monetary wise)...so what does that tell you.

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on January 06, 2010, 05:18:42 PM
I actually fell asleep through it :x

It just bored the hell out of me. Sure, it looks pretty. It really does, and I don't think we can take anything away from it in that department. But if I had half a billion to blow on a movie, I'm sure I could make something with decent graphics and effects too. And I guarantee you there wouldn't be people sleeping.

What bothers me is that a film that is good is getting all the recognition, while the great films (Up, District 9, etc.) get ignored largely. Then again, Transformers was the top earning film of 2009 (Avatar hitting in 2010, monetary wise)...so what does that tell you.
It's that the general populous is a slab of blithering morons when it comes to movies.

Or cinema in it's entirety has hit the same place in the "animation ghetto" there was in the 1950's- 1980's (with things like Batman the Animated Series slowly but surely at least giving credibility to it). Basically what I getting at is that there is so little non-dribble inducing material that people don't know what is genuinely good and can't see the faults of what they watch. *sigh* but whatever I guess. That type of marketing seems to be working, hell look at the Wii...

Macawmoses

It's disappointing as hell though. See, games and movies from large companies are just going to find a mainstream and roll with it. They always do - it's no risk and high profit. It's about time we started seeing movies that take risks.

The Outpost is my case and point - in order to finance it, the creators sold their home. Sure, it's not the best movie I've ever seen. But I appreciate it for what it is. A high risk movie on a low budget with something new to offer the genre (admittedly, it's not a huge leap forward).

Instead, we see movies like, I don't know, Avatar or Will Smith in Seven Pounds.

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on January 07, 2010, 08:23:30 PM
It's disappointing as hell though. See, games and movies from large companies are just going to find a mainstream and roll with it. They always do - it's no risk and high profit. It's about time we started seeing movies that take risks.

The Outpost is my case and point - in order to finance it, the creators sold their home. Sure, it's not the best movie I've ever seen. But I appreciate it for what it is. A high risk movie on a low budget with something new to offer the genre (admittedly, it's not a huge leap forward).

Instead, we see movies like, I don't know, Avatar or Will Smith in Seven Pounds.
We desperately need another Star Wars. A movie that none of the studios thought would be good, and in their arrogance let the creators do whatever and when it succeeds they look all the more foolish. Well, the first step is to stop supporting all the garbage that comes out, and the only way that'll happen is if the people start responding, which of course they won't since they don't know any better.
**personally can't wait to get out of "blech" college, and go onto grad school at a film college**

Magnum

*After watching Avatar*

So basically, humans are greedy, corrupted bastards and the blue people are like giant Native Americans?
That makes perfect sense.

Yeah, I still liked it, but still, GAH!

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Silverhawk79

I thought it was pretty darn good.
Only thing I disliked was the plot.
HURF HUMANS BAD, NATURE GOOD.

Magnum

Also, Avatar proved all deity's wrong unless you worship trees.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change