News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Started by Triforceman22, December 20, 2009, 05:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Oh boy, I'm now able to discuss it/throw in my opinions.

Quote from: Light on January 05, 2010, 12:37:47 AM
Acting: Top notch
Story: It sucked. :| Sorry, but the story has been done so many times before, and now it's just become stale.
Wait, what?
Story stinks to you yet the acting is top notch?
I'm mindintercourse ed.

Anyways, I kinda liked it; It was pretty cool in some area's but as most people, the main thing I hate is the plot. The plot's motivation is my main problem with that. Ok, some people from the US go in to get money from the tree's? Great. The people want there land safe? Wait; They don't even say that. Now they want to blow up everything with no plotline? Uh... And the moral of the story is completely hypocritical to the whole peace thing? Wait, what?

Yeah, not my kinda motivation.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Fish

I really enjoyed Avatar. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time, and I liked it a whole lot more than most pretty much all '09 movies. The story is very similar to Distric 9. Alien and human relationships that both place the human race on the "bad side".

Quote from: Third K on January 08, 2010, 08:51:43 PM
Oh boy, I'm now able to discuss it/throw in my opinions.

Anyways, I kinda liked it; It was pretty cool in some area's but as most people, the main thing I hate is the plot. The plot's motivation is my main problem with that. Ok, some people from the US go in to get money from the tree's? Great. The people want there land safe? Wait; They don't even say that. Now they want to blow up everything with no plotline? Uh... And the moral of the story is completely hypocritical to the whole peace thing? Wait, what?

They wanted the large stockpile unobtainium, a very valuable mineral, under the native's village/ big tree thing. The natives won't move because they share a bond with nature that is biological as well as spiritual. That's pretty much the reason for the attack on the na'vi.

I don't ever recall peace between the races as a very prominent theme in the movie either, but then again some people think the movie had a hidden theme that attacks Bush's time in office... The biggest theme I found from the movie was to not kill nature and stuff.

Eizweir

Unobtainium?  Wait what?  You shhould be able to come up with a more original name than that.

"lol its unobtainable so lets call unobtainium"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Fish on January 08, 2010, 09:23:10 PM
They wanted the large stockpile unobtainium, a very valuable mineral, under the native's village/ big tree thing. The natives won't move because they share a bond with nature that is biological as well as spiritual. That's pretty much the reason for the attack on the na'vi.
It doesn't even emphasize on that. They just blow poop up near the end instead of even getting it. Yeah, the beginning made sense, but then it went into a total poopfest.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

SkyMyl

Quote from: -X on January 09, 2010, 06:24:06 PM
Unobtainium?  Wait what?  You shhould be able to come up with a more original name than that.

"lol its unobtainable so lets call unobtainium"
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Unobtainium

Java

I just saw it today and I loved it.
I, for one, did not expect it to live up to the hype that it has received, but it surpassed any expectations I had for it.

EDIT: How weird... Three consecutive sentences beginning with "I".

Anyway, I wanted to go to Pandora after watching the movie as well.

Silverhawk79

I quite liked it...and I really wanted to go to Pandora.
Or at least get a cool tail. ;_;
inb4furry

Triforceman22

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 16, 2010, 11:13:06 PM
I quite liked it...and I really wanted to go to Pandora.
Or at least get a cool tail. ;_;
inb4furry

fagfagfagfagfag

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Dog Food

I saw it last weekend in 3D. It was good, but I thought it was a little long and the plot has been done many times. Graphics were nice, though.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Light

Quote from: Third K on January 08, 2010, 08:51:43 PM
Wait, what?
Story stinks to you yet the acting is top notch?
I'm mindintercourse ed.
I was simply comparing the majority of the film to the crappy story it had. The acting certainly wasn't the best I've ever seen, but it made what little the movie had believable and added to the world of Pandora. Plus, it's Sigourney Weaver. Can't go wrong with her.

But instead of wasting your money on this, GO SEE UP IN THE AIR.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Silverhawk79

Chris8492

Ok, I'm pretty late to discuss this. I just went to see Avatar today and what I thought on a scale of 1- 10 it would be on is a 9.

Ok, let me break it down here. The beginning of this movie was a little confusing at first. I saw it in 3D IMAX and yet they were right about the graphics having a mind blowing effect on people. I generally don't listen to the media but they were right about this. Also, the action of this movie would keep you on the edge of your seat quiet a bit. There was one con i noticed. The plot of the story like a lot of you said in here is pretty unoriginal. It had somewhat of a Pocahontas theme going on in it if any of you noticed. The theme has been used in soo many movies that it was easy enough to foreshadow what was going to happen. Yet, even though it had an unoriginal theme, the story itself was written out pretty well. The actors were ok and fit pretty well into the story. I think people see this as a big step higher into graphic animation in movies and can be built off of it.

Nayrman

care to explain how some pretty CG but no story warrants a 9/10?

BOREDFOREVER

I thought it was alright.  Were the 3d effects good? Yeah.  Did they blow me out of my seat? No.  The story was an oft recycled one, and the characters acted in predictable ways, with some characters seemingly crowbarred in, such as the latino chopper pilot.

After a few conversations, though, I think that people walked away from that movie either wanting to drive a mech or wanting to have an avatar.  My wife and I both wanted Mechs.  WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE?

Chris8492

Quote from: boredFANBOY on February 16, 2010, 09:39:24 AM

After a few conversations, though, I think that people walked away from that movie either wanting to drive a mech or wanting to have an avatar.  My wife and I both wanted Mechs.  WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE?

hmmm....never thought of it that way. I don't know which one i would have.