Main Menu

Dub or Sub

Started by JrDude, February 28, 2010, 12:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

You knew it would come.

Sub
Dub

Zero

Being that I find asian languanges more annoying than anything an English Dub could ever produce, I prefer Eng Dubs. Just TRY to watch Dragonball Z subbed. I dare you. Goku sounds like a five year old.

Plus I just like understanding the language. Frankly, I don't get why so many people actually like reading instead of watching.

I think it's that if you get used to subbed than it's hard to go to dubbed unless it's really good because you got used to the other voices. If I don't see it subbed first then I could watch any dub with no problems not even thinking about how the voices sound. Though there have been some I've seen where it didn't matter either way.
...̅̅̅

JrDude

Quote from: No Comment on March 20, 2010, 04:32:15 PM
I think it's that if you get used to subbed than it's hard to go to dubbed unless it's really good because you got used to the other voices. If I don't see it subbed first then I could watch any dub with no problems not even thinking about how the voices sound. Though there have been some I've seen where it didn't matter either way.
Now that you mention it, I tried subs before, but the voices annoyed me, along with the need of reading, possibly because I was used to the dub voices.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Suzune

Most dubs are terrible, so I stick with subs.

Theipaz

It doesnt really matter to me, i get enjoyment out fo the anime regardless of its language
Dying is easy, Living is the hard part.

Thirdkoopa

Wait, what are Dubs and Subs? I'm confused due to not being a weeaboo into anime.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

Quote from: Third K on March 24, 2010, 04:36:48 AM
Wait, what are Dubs and Subs? I'm confused due to not being a weeaboo into anime.

:/

I'm not a weeaboo and I understand what they are. A Dub is a voice track and a sub is a subtitle. The japanese dubs by default are usually referred to as "subs" though by most people because people needs subtitles to watch them.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Zero on March 24, 2010, 09:20:46 AM
:/

I'm not a weeaboo and I understand what they are.
You clearly didn't get the joke with the strikes. :U

And thanks.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Zero

Quote from: Third K on March 24, 2010, 09:25:25 AM
You clearly didn't get the joke with the strikes. :U

Oh I did. I'm just saying.

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: Third K on March 24, 2010, 04:36:48 AM

"Weeaboo?" Uh no honey, I ain't one of them freaks, don't get it twisted.

Subbed - Voices are in Japanese with subtitles in English or another language

Dubbed - Voices are in another language... and usually terrible except for some.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Zero

I often wonder if the japanese find most japanese dubs irritating, or if the germans find most german dubs irritating and so on and so forth.

English Dubs aren't usually bad unless the work is done by 4kids or something

K-Cee

definitely dubbed for me. I hate reading a show. it hurts my little eyes.

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: Zero on March 24, 2010, 07:29:59 PM
I often wonder if the japanese find most japanese dubs irritating, or if the germans find most german dubs irritating and so on and so forth.

English Dubs aren't usually bad unless the work is done by 4kids or something

Or if it's a hentai. (Don't ask xD).
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Custom

Quote from: Sh0rTi on March 26, 2010, 11:14:01 PM
Or if it's a hentai. (Don't ask xD).

So intercourse ing true.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Potestas

Naturally, subs. It's only rarely that I think the English voice acting is better and subs are often easier for me to follow than dubs, since English is not my first language. (Reading English is slightly easier than hearing it. Especially considering the hundreds of accents people can have.)

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.