News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Fanfiction)

Started by Retronintendodude7, September 25, 2007, 08:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 26, 2007, 07:18:44 PM
Quote from: wiiboychris on November 26, 2007, 07:18:11 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 26, 2007, 07:03:06 PM
Quote from: shadowmarioguy on November 26, 2007, 07:02:10 PM
Looks like everyone beat me to the punch :P I've been so busy lately it's hard to keep up.  Luckily I was able to finish all of my work ahead of time, which means I won't be busy again until Sunday!  *ahem* Anyways, the chapter was really good.  I love it when people put humor into their fanfic, yet they balance it out with some action and seriousness.  It's an important skill to master when writing.  Keep it up ;)
even better than chris??
WHAT?
haha! i kid a lot dont i...
Yeah.

thunderhero4

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 26, 2007, 07:32:19 PM
Looks like everyone beat me to the punch :P I've been so busy lately it's hard to keep up.  Luckily I was able to finish all of my work ahead of time, which means I won't be busy again until Sunday!  *ahem* Anyways, the chapter was really good.  I love it when people put humor into their fanfic, yet they balance it out with some action and seriousness.  It's an important skill to master when writing.  Keep it up ;)
even better than chris??
WHAT?
Yeah.
thats a good thing...right?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 26, 2007, 07:32:52 PM
even better than chris??
WHAT?
Yeah.
Yes, it does.

thunderhero4

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 26, 2007, 07:56:19 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 26, 2007, 07:32:52 PM
even better than chris??
WHAT?
Yeah.
Yes, it does.
hmmm...i didnt quite get that sorry...u mean "yes, its good"...right?

DededeCloneChris

Retronintendodude7

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 26, 2007, 08:38:41 PM
When's the next chapter?

It shouldn't be that long. ;)

I have a lot of chapters already done, but I'm just editing them since the early version may as well have been a script. The later I get into the chapters, the more frequent the updates will be.

...Until I need to make new chapters again. :P

thunderhero4

Quote from: Retronintendodude7 on November 26, 2007, 09:15:00 PM
When's the next chapter?

I have a lot of chapters already done, but I'm just editing them since the early version may as well have been a script. The later I get into the chapters, the more frequent the updates will be.

great idea!

Triforceman22

When's the next chapter?

hey.. why don't you use Jet the Hawk as your avatar? :D

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

thunderhero4

Quote from: Triforceman22 on November 26, 2007, 09:17:24 PM
When's the next chapter?

ya! ill get a picture for u!

thunderhero4

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 26, 2007, 09:18:47 PM
When's the next chapter?

...........getting ahead as always. I see. :|

thunderhero4

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 26, 2007, 09:46:22 PM
When's the next chapter?

always a good idea! ;D

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 27, 2007, 04:42:12 PM
Quote from: wiiboychris on November 26, 2007, 09:46:22 PM
When's the next chapter?

always a good idea! ;D
Sometimes, yes.

Retronintendodude7

Okay, getting this chapter up took a lot longer then I thought it would. Sorry.:(  I never really liked this chapter since it's a lot of dialogue, but it has to be because it's mostly explanation. Like a game's tutorial. :P   Hopefully, the next chapter will be up on or before Christmas. :)

Anyways, here's the third chapter:

Chapter 3: Heh, Toaster...

?Welcome players!? A voice shouted.

?What?s with all of the strange voices?? Retro asked.

The ground started to shake once again, making a large, wooden stage emerge in the middle of the coliseum.

The crowd waited for what was going to happen next, but no matter how many giant turtles, evil wizards, or overgrown spiders they had faced prepared them for what happened next.

A short man with a brown-spotted mushroom on his head appeared on the stage. It was a Toad dressed entirely in black: black shades, a black suit, black pants, black shoes and even black gloves.

?You know, that wasn?t as bad as the story said it was going to be?? Retro pointed out.

?He?s trying to build suspense?? Mage replied. ?Way to ruin it?and break the fourth wall.?

?Well sorry!? Retro sarcastically apologized.

The Toad looked down at Retro and his friends, ?Who the devil are you?? he asked in a rough voice.

The group stuttered for a few minutes until Retro spoke up, ?I?m Tom Nook. These two guys are my friends, Mag-? He started before being pushed to the ground by Mage.

?We?re Mr. Nook?s workers, Timmy and Tommy. He made us come with him because he doesn?t trust us alone in the store.? The sorcerer quickly explained.

Toaster glared at the group and then smirked, ?Of course. How could I forget about you, Mr. Nook??

?Who are you anyway?? Sonic questioned.

?My name is Toaster.? He answered without looking at him.

?Heh, Toaster?? Retro laughed as he got to his feet.

?Anyways,? he continued, getting everyone?s attention again. ?I?m going to go over the rules. The first rule is: in this coliseum, there are no rules. You may use whatever means necessary to beat your opponent.  The second rule is: if someone is beaten in a match, they cannot proceed in the tournament. They are able to stay and fight, but they won?t be allowed to proceed.  The last rule deals with items. You may use whatever items appear on the battlefield or whatever you bring with you. This brings up a new item...?

Just then, the ground started to rumble again. A shining light appeared on the stage, lighting the night sky.

Everyone stared in amazement. The light turned into an item in the shape of a circle with a kind of ?t? through it. It flashed all of the colours of the rainbow every few seconds.

?This is a Smash Ball.? The Toad proceeded. ?A few of you might recognize the symbol from your other visits to Smash Bros. Coliseum. ?

?What does it do?? Link wondered.

?This is a very powerful and dangerous item?? Toaster replied. ?It will only appear for people who can prove themselves worthy of its power. This emblem gives the user enough power to call upon an unknown ability?? Toaster finished coldly.

?Cool?? Retro said, reaching out to touch it before it quickly faded away.

?Now I will show you the previous champion and the runner-up. These were the strongest challengers six years ago?? Toaster explained.

?I could take them on right now and win!? A short, fat man announced boldly. He wore a jean jacket with a blue shirt under it. He had fingerless gloves over his hands and a yellow motorcycle helmet over his head. His mustache had six curls and his shining teeth were the cleanest part of him.

Toaster stared at the troll-like man for a few seconds before answering, ?I?ll keep that in mind, Wario? he finally said.  ?The current champion of the Super Smash Brothers tournament is Mario??

The short, red plumber walked onto the stage, lifting his gloved hands up to get applause.

?Thank-you very much!? he exclaimed.

Most people clapped for Mario, but Bowser and Wario booed the hero as loud as they could.

?The runner-up of the previous Super Smash Bros. is Samus Aran.?  Toaster announced.

Samus quietly walked on the stage, her Chozo Armor shone brightly despite the lack of light. Mario walked over to her and shook her hand.

?The semi-finalist?s job is to take over the Champion?s role if he or she can?t perform their duties. You?ll basically just attend a few ceremonies to keep up appearances.? Toaster explained.

?You make it sound so interesting.? Sonic said sarcastically.

?Now, to show you all where you?ll be staying?? Toaster continued, ignoring the hedgehog.

The toad then raised his hands, making the ground tremble again. Retro yelled as he fell to the ground once again.

After the ground stopped shaking, there were three rectangular buildings at the end of the parking lot. The first building was painted a dark green and about the size of a convenience store, the second one was painted a light orange and the size of a apartment building, and the tallest one was painted an extremely light red and as tall as a skyscraper.

?All of you will be staying in the orange building. You will be given your room keys later.? Toaster announced.

?What?s the green building for?? Joe asked, pointing to the smallest building.

?That building is where you receive your schedules for each match. You can also make a match of your own as long as all of the participating parties agree to it.? Toaster answered.

?What?s the-? Retro started.

?The red building is the lounge. You can play games there, eat, or watch a live Smash match.? Toaster started. ?The basement however, is off limits.?

?Why?? Samus asked.

?You don?t need a reason?? Toaster replied harshly. ?Any other questions??

Retro?s hand immediately shot up.

?Good?? Toaster said, walking away. ?I?ll meet you all at the orange building??

When Toaster was out of ear shot, some of the contestants started to talk with each other.

?What-? Retro started.

?What do you think is in the basement of the red building?? Link asked.

?I-a don?t know?? Mario answered. ?Maybe it?s Toaster?s room??

?I doubt if his room would be that important?? Midna replied, crossing her tattooed arms.

The contestants only took a few steps towards where they?d be staying when Retro yelled out, ?What kind of name is Toaster??

Everyone turned around, looking at him. After giving him different kinds of expressions, they continued to walk away from him.

?Maybe I?ll ask him later?? Retro whispered.

Toaster was waiting outside the orange building, holding handfuls of paper in one hand, and a jar of keys in another.

?I will be giving out your room keys and schedules right now. You will be called to the green building whenever a new schedule is made.? Toaster explained.

?Do I get the best room?? Retro asked.

Toaster chuckled, ?Of course not.?

?Bummer?? Retro sighed.

Toaster showed everyone the piece of paper that was their schedule. It was very simple looking, as if no creativity was put into it at all.

?The schedule has who will be facing who and at what time. It?s simple to read, so even he could figure it out?? Toaster said, pointing to Retro.

?Hey! I don?t make fun of you!? Retro cried.

?Yes you do?? Mage defended.

Toaster ignored Mage and Retro and handed out the schedules and room keys. Everyone looked at the schedule:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Round 1 Match-Up 

Balloon Fighter V.S Meta-Knight                             
6:00 A.M                                                                     

Solid Snake V.S Falco Lombardi
7:15 A.M

Samus Aran V.S Jigglypuff                                   
8:26 A.M

Diddy Kong V.S Baby Mario and Luigi         
9:32 A.M          

Donkey Kong V.S Luigi                                         
10:38 A.M     

Captain Falcon V.S Ice Climber
11:46 A.M                                                         

Ike V.S Marth                                                         
12:53 P.M

Link V.S Ganondorf                      
1:55 P.M

Fox McCloud V.S Olimar & Louie                           
3:00 P.M   

Viewtiful Joe V.S Mr. Game & Watch
4:08 P.M                     

Sonic the Hedgehog V.S Princess Peach               
5:15 P.M   

Pit V.S Pikachu
6:24 P.M                                                         

Mewtwo V.S Ness
7:35 P.M

Yoshi V.S Bowser
8:37 P.M                                                                   

Zelda V.S Kirby                       
9:47 P.M

Mario V.S Wario
10:56 P.M          

Tom Nook V.S Roy
12:07 A.M

?The first match is at six? Like, six in the morning?? Retro asked.

?Is that a problem?? Toaster inquired.

?Yeah, I?ll probably still be asleep?? Retro answered.

?What happens if there?s a tie?? Sonic questioned.

?That?s never happened before?? Toaster replied nonchalantly.  ?You all should go to your rooms now. You?ll need your rest?? The toad finished while he walked away.

Retro looked down at his rusted set of keys, the number twelve was engraved on it.

?Anybody want to trade rooms?? He asked.

?Sure.? Luigi answered, giving him his set of keys.

?All right!? Retro exclaimed.

Mario stepped in front of the building?s door. It slowly slid open once he was close enough. Although the building was orange on the outside, the walls were painted a dark blue and had numerous portraits hanging on the walls.

Luigi walked over to the room that he traded Retro for. He put the key in the hole and slowly twisted it. He then turned the doorknob and opened the door. The plumber?s room was one of the biggest in the building. It had a king sized bed in the corner and a flat screen television mounted on the wall across from it.

?I wonder what?s behind door number?? Retro paused, looking down at his key ?Seven!?

Retro opened the door to his room. It was by far the smallest room in the building and was painted entirely grey. There was a black and white television sitting on a table across from his hammock-like bed. The confused teenager went over to the television to turn it on, but the knob broke off.

?But...? Retro started.

Luigi looked inside Retro?s room, ?Thanks for trading rooms, bud!? He said happily while patting Retro?s back.

To be continued...

DededeCloneChris