News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Data Sketching... doesn't work with Mimic. Mirror Move maybe...

Started by WiinolikePS3, December 20, 2007, 06:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiinolikePS3

Using Emerald, catch a Smeargle, since they're in heavy supply. Next, do Data Swap with the game with the Smeargle. When you do this, make sure the team is as follows:

Smeargle with ONLY Sketch, as well as a Quick Claw so it SHOULD go first. If not, you don't really need to worry, you can just re-data swap so you don't have to wait a whole day between battles.

Your second poke should have ONE of the moves in your dream-moveset. Delete ALL other moves off of that poke, except for that one move.

With this team data-swapped, it's ready for battle.

Mimic/Mirror Move Sketch, then defeat the Smeargle.

Now, since the second poke only has one move, the one you want, use Sketch then, while fighting the second poke.

The pokemon will have the move you want, after the battle. Sweet, no? Since almost any pokemon can learn Mimic, almost any pokemon can get any move.

Note, for Mirror Move, you must make sure you're slower than Smeargle for it to work properly.

Also, it'll only work once, as it overrides Mimic/Mirror Move. You can use the move tutor to get Mirror Move back, but NOT Mimic. For that,  you have to RESTART FR/LG. A pain, but if you want perfect movesets, that's the way to go.

Enjoy. You can spread the word, but please, call it Data Sketching. I'd appreciate it if you give me credit, but I'd rather you call it by Data Sketching than having credit...

Rayquarian

Thanks!  I'll try this out later.  Remember to keep this away from Nintendo's eyes, though.

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Rayquarian on December 20, 2007, 06:39:23 PM
Thanks!  I'll try this out later.  Remember to keep this away from Nintendo's eyes, though.
Yeah... Also, remember that if you don't want to wait a whole day, just Data Swap again. I wish I could decide on a good/cool poke/move combo... any tips? I can't decide... other than Flamethrower Latios >_>

Macawmoses

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: mackormoses on December 20, 2007, 07:15:16 PM
Umm, Magikarp with transform :O
It only works on a poke that can learn Mimic. Almost any poke can learn Mimic, but not Magikarp...  :(

Shujinco2

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 20, 2007, 06:36:08 PM
Using Emerald, catch a Smeargle, since they're in heavy supply. Next, do Data Swap with the game with the Smeargle. When you do this, make sure the team is as follows:

Smeargle with ONLY Sketch, as well as a Quick Claw so it SHOULD go first. If not, you don't really need to worry, you can just re-data swap so you don't have to wait a whole day between battles.

Your second poke should have ONE of the moves in your dream-moveset. Delete ALL other moves off of that poke, except for that one move.

Now, since the second poke only has one move, the one you want, use Sketch then, while fighting the second poke.

The pokemon will have the move you want, after the battle. Sweet, no? Since almost any pokemon can learn Mimic, almost any pokemon can get any move.

Note, for Mirror Move, you must make sure you're slower than Smeargle for it to work properly.

Also, it'll only work once, as it overrides Mimic/Mirror Move. You can use the move tutor to get Mirror Move back, but NOT Mimic. For that,  you have to RESTART FR/LG. A pain, but if you want perfect movesets, that's the way to go.

Enjoy. You can spread the word, but please, call it Data Sketching. I'd appreciate it if you give me credit, but I'd rather you call it by Data Sketching than having credit...
I think credit should go to BOTH of us! ;)

After all, I DID create the original theory!

Shujinco2

Quote from: Shujinco on December 20, 2007, 07:55:08 PM

Also, this is still but a theory and hasn't been proven yet, sadly. :(

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Shujinco on December 20, 2007, 08:03:12 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on December 20, 2007, 07:55:08 PM

Also, this is still but a theory and hasn't been proven yet, sadly. :(
I'm not trying to steal credit, but I have to explain why I said that!

Many, MANY people have tried Mimicing Sketch in Link Battles before, but to no avail! The first idea isn't yours!

It's true, you inspired me to come up with it! You really did! I never would have come up with it if it weren't for you! But, You didn't come up with it, but I do agree, because you inspired me, we both deserve credit...

*cough*

Data Sketching- Discovered by WiinolikePS3, Inspired by Shujinco.

Is that okay? If not, I really don't care if you want full credit, I really only care that people call it "Data Sketching".

WiinolikePS3

NEVER MIND.

Mimic does not work. DAMNIT!

Maybe Mirror Move works, but I have to get a bird slow enough to be able to try it first.

Shujinco2

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 21, 2007, 02:07:58 PM
NEVER MIND.

Mimic does not work. dangit!

Maybe Mirror Move works, but I have to get a bird slow enough to be able to try it first.
"Discovered by WiinolikePS3 - Inspired by Shujinco" sounds alright enough! ;)

And can't Wobbofett learn Mirror Move?

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Shujinco on December 21, 2007, 04:00:31 PM
NEVER MIND.

No, that's Mirror COAT.

However, I think that the only reason Mimic failed is because Sketch failed... I'll try it right now. I have to use rare candies to make my poke fast enough... :(   Oh well.

Shujinco2

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 23, 2007, 10:43:14 AM
NEVER MIND.

No, that's Mirror COAT.

However, I think that the only reason Mimic failed is because Sketch failed... I'll try it right now. I have to use rare candies to make my poke fast enough... :(   Oh well.
I wish I had a link cable. :(

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Shujinco on December 23, 2007, 01:25:16 PM
NEVER MIND.

No, that's Mirror COAT.

IT DOESN'T WORK WITH MIMIC!!! :(

Oh well... maybe MM, but it's not as cool with that... :(

Shujinco2

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 23, 2007, 02:03:27 PM
NEVER MIND.

No, that's Mirror COAT.

It's been awhille! :D

Any luck?

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Shujinco on December 30, 2007, 07:17:07 PM
Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 23, 2007, 02:03:27 PM
NEVER MIND.

No, that's Mirror COAT.

It's been awhille! :D

Any luck?
To be honest, I haven't tried it with MM again...  :D
I'll try it... sometime...  :P