News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

So I went to gamestop today

Started by Geno, March 06, 2008, 06:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geno

I went to Gamestop to pay off the rest of my payment on Smash bros. Brawl and I saw this flyer:

So basicially the deal is if you trade in 2 games from the list before March 16th, you will only have to pay 9.99$ for Brawl. This sucked for me since I already payed for it but just letting you all know that Gamestop has this offer up.

Also, I learned that the doors to Gamestop for Brawl's midnight release will open at 10:00 and they will set up a bunch of stations and have a Brawl tournament for 2 hours.

I love Gamestop :)

Tupin

That is a HUGE rip off. :-X

But at least the doors open at 10.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

*Curses for 5 minutes*

I HATE YOU GAMESTOP! I can't make it. :'(

Light

I take it that when they open the doors, they start signing people up?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

W4W1

Mine is still being opened from regular closing time until 12. They will be closed for retail but before are allowed to wait there for the tournament

Geno

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on March 06, 2008, 06:42:30 PM

Actually if it's a sucky game you don't want it's worth it to trade it in.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Geno on March 06, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

I can hardly see any games on the list.....I see....LoZ:Tp.....anyone mind helping a brudda out?

Red

Quote from: mackormoses on March 06, 2008, 07:07:32 PM

I can hardly see any games on the list.....I see....LoZ:Tp.....anyone mind helping a brudda out?
MP3:Corruption, Madden NFL 2008. That's all I can see.

W4W1

Quote from: RedSox on March 06, 2008, 07:09:42 PM

Lego Star Wars, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged.....Wait, shouldn't they have this one the site somewhere?

Macawmoses

Quote from: W4W1 on March 06, 2008, 07:11:26 PM
Quote from: RedSox on March 06, 2008, 07:09:42 PM

Lego Star Wars, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged.....Wait, shouldn't they have this one the site somewhere?
All of the above are good titles I wouldn't trade in.....maybe TP........but still.

W4W1

Trade in 2 WII games from the group below towards the reservation or purchase of Super Smash Bros Brawl and pay only $9.99!

Select Games: Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Brunswick Pro Bowling, Carnival Games, Cooking Mama: Cook Off, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Excite Truck, FIFA Soccer 08, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Heatseeker, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Madden NFL 08, Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, MLB Power Pros, My Sims, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution, NBA Live 08, Need for Speed: Pro Street, NiGHTS, No More Heroes, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Scarface, The Simpsons Game, Sims 2: Castaway, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Thrillville, Tiger Woods 2008, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Expires: 3/16/2008. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No Rainchecks.

There you go  ;)

Macawmoses

Quote from: W4W1 on March 06, 2008, 07:14:26 PM
Trade in 2 WII games from the group below towards the reservation or purchase of Super Smash Bros Brawl and pay only $9.99!

Select Games: Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Brunswick Pro Bowling, Carnival Games, Cooking Mama: Cook Off, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Excite Truck, FIFA Soccer 08, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Heatseeker, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Madden NFL 08, Mario and Sonic: Olympic Games, Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, MLB Power Pros, My Sims, Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution, NBA Live 08, Need for Speed: Pro Street, NiGHTS, No More Heroes, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Scarface, The Simpsons Game, Sims 2: Castaway, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Thrillville, Tiger Woods 2008, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008

Expires: 3/16/2008. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of game. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No Rainchecks.

There you go  ;)
Hardly any of those are worth the deal....Brunswick Bowling and RE:4, however, as combined equal the price of Brawl.....

HTA!

If i put down $20 in reserve...

And i take in two of these games...

Will they give me $10 back on a gift card?
I've been meaning to get rid of MP8 and PBR (my brothers)

Java

I also saw that flyer.

I wanted to get rid of one game (Cooking Mama.  :-X), but I don't want to get rid of any others.

Oh and on the back of the flyer it has some nice little information on "What is Smash Bros.?"
Nothing new, but I thought it was set up nice and I think it had [spoiler]Ness[/spoiler] on it. OMG SPOILERZ!

Mystic

So...two 50 dollar games and 10 bucks for Brawl?

No thanks. I'd rather pay 50 than 110.