News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

What do you train your Pokemon against?

Started by bluaki, July 09, 2008, 02:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don't pick 6 unless you seriously switch between all training methods

Against specially-picked wild pokemon for EV training until EVs are maxed, then another one of these options
8 (44.4%)
Whatever I come across whenever they happen to be in my party
9 (50%)
Various trainers and high level wilds
10 (55.6%)
Various trainers but not much with wilds
3 (16.7%)
Facing the Pokemon League many times
8 (44.4%)
I don't bother battling much and instead use my AR-obtained rare candies or the fast level up code
1 (5.6%)
Other
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

bluaki

Assuming you have pokemon at or near level 100, you should have some set battling patterns you use to make your pokemon gain levels easily. Don't pick Other if what you do is very close to but not exactly one of the things listed in the poll (i.e. you EV train using trainers rather than wilds).

I train mostly through facing the Pokemon League many times. I believe I had like... 150 or so finished rounds of the Elite Four in Sapphire. That's why I made an E4 EV guide tonight.

Gwen Khan

Various trainers but not much with wilds, I don't understand EV's so I don't bother

Qsmash

Well, first I EV train until their EVs maxed out. Then I challenge the elite 4 numerous times. If I don't feel like doing that I just battle various trainers and high level wilds.

Cornwad

First I EV train, then I go to the Elite 4.

Rare candies are evil.

ThePowerOfOne

I have people EV train for me (The people on NSider2 work for rupees :P) So when they give the Pokemon back after being fully EV trained, I battle the E4 over, and over, and over... Untill its Lv.100 :)

If I had an AR i'd just use Rare Candies. That sure would save a lot of time.

Cornwad

Quote from: Phaze on July 09, 2008, 01:03:26 PM
I have people EV train for me (The people on NSider2 work for rupees :P) So when they give the Pokemon back after being fully EV trained, I battle the E4 over, and over, and over... Untill its Lv.100 :)

Rare candies dont take EV s into account when they level up your pokemon.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Cornwad on July 09, 2008, 01:50:57 PM

I know. I mean when they are done with EV training. It takes forever to keep on battling the E4 untill they are Lv.100. I just breed Pokemon, i'm not good at training them :P

Cornwad

Quote from: Phaze on July 09, 2008, 02:41:17 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on July 09, 2008, 01:50:57 PM

I know. I mean when they are done with EV training. It takes forever to keep on battling the E4 untill they are Lv.100. I just breed Pokemon, i'm not good at training them :P
No, I mean the bonuses in stats that you get from EV training don't happen when you use rare candies. Rare candies level you up as you would be if you never did any EV training at all :O

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on July 09, 2008, 02:47:56 PM
No, I mean the bonuses in stats that you get from EV training don't happen when you use rare candies. Rare candies level you up as you would be if you never did any EV training at all :O
Are you sure? Any source I've read states that rare candies are safe to use after EVs are maxed.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: bluaki on July 09, 2008, 03:39:42 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on July 09, 2008, 02:47:56 PM
Are you sure? Any source I've read states that rare candies are safe to use after EVs are maxed.
Thats what I though too :-\

Rayquarian

I train against wild pokemon and trainers.  When I get far enough in the game, I start EV training.