News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Who's lookin' forward to Metallica?

Started by metroidhunter777, August 20, 2008, 06:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroidhunter777

New single tomorrow. Death Magnetic the 12th of September. Cyanide debuted at Ozzfest. A very good time, indeed.

I like Cyanide quite a bit, I wonder how The Day That Never Comes will sound...

Dill

Kaz

Sort of. I'm not getting my hopes too high, but I really hope Metallica is pulling through with a great new album.

But I hoped the same thing about Rush and The Eagles, and...yeah.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Mystic

metroidhunter777

Quote from: Kaz on August 20, 2008, 10:55:34 PM
Sort of. I'm not getting my hopes too high, but I really hope Metallica is pulling through with a great new album.

But I hoped the same thing about Rush and The Eagles, and...yeah.

Stuff happens over time. It'll at least be better than St. Anger, right? >_>

Lotos

I might be purchasing it.  Also, how about Chinese Democracy?  I heard it was leaked somewhere, and if a song is being debuted in RB2 or GH:WT (whichever), it's gotta be coming out soon.

Kaz

Quote from: Lotos on August 21, 2008, 05:48:44 PM
I might be purchasing it.  Also, how about Chinese Democracy?  I heard it was leaked somewhere, and if a song is being debuted in RB2 or GH:WT (whichever), it's gotta be coming out soon.

How can all of Chinese Democracy be "leaked" when it's not done yet?

There have been several songs leaked, yeah. There were 9 in June and then like 3 before that, although I think those 9 included those first 3 too.

Not that I care anyway, because from the leaked songs I've heard, I rather dislike the new GNR.

metroidhunter777

Quote from: Kaz on August 21, 2008, 11:43:37 PM
Quote from: Lotos on August 21, 2008, 05:48:44 PM

How can all of Chinese Democracy be "leaked" when it's not done yet?

There have been several songs leaked, yeah. There were 9 in June and then like 3 before that, although I think those 9 included those first 3 too.

Not that I care anyway, because from the leaked songs I've heard, I rather dislike the new GNR.

Chinese Democracy is done, I believe. I'm saving myself for when it's actually released, no demos for me.

The Day That Never Comes wasn't terrible. It wasn't excellent, but it certainly was a step up or fifteen from St. Anger. You can tell that they still have some St. Anger in them, though. Some of the riffs near the end were... questionable, in that sense.

tibar21

i dont like speed metal. i only like a little bit of street metal. and that's only from one band.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

metroidhunter777

Quote from: tibar21 on August 23, 2008, 03:55:55 PM
i dont like speed metal. i only like a little bit of street metal. and that's only from one band.

thrash metal =/= speed metal :B

It's similar, but not the same. Some people classify Dragonforce as a speed metal band, so there you go.

tibar21

Quote from: metroidhunter777 on August 23, 2008, 06:34:50 PM

It's similar, but not the same. Some people classify Dragonforce as a speed metal band, so there you go.
street metal isn't particulary thrash. its like a combination of alternative punk with metal.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

metroidhunter777

Quote from: tibar21 on August 23, 2008, 07:54:59 PM
Quote from: metroidhunter777 on August 23, 2008, 06:34:50 PM

street metal isn't particulary thrash. its like a combination of alternative punk with metal.

Metallica has been all over the place in the recent years. See: Load/ReLoad, St. Anger.

REAL Metallica was pretty much straight-to-the-point thrash metal, or at least something close to it (particularly Kill 'Em All's New Wave of British Heavy Metal influences).

Eizweir

I've never really listened to Metallica, sad I know..
DragonForce is Power Metal

Edit: Sorreh, Kaz. 
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Kaz

Quote from: Marth Xero on August 28, 2008, 06:07:50 PM
Dragonforce is Power Metal

I hate how even the biggest fans of DragonForce still can't get it through their heads that the "F" in "Force" is supposed to be capitalized.

Sorta like EarthBound's problem when it comes to video games.

But anyway, yeah it's technically power metal, but the difference between power metal and speed metal is so tiny that it's not even worth the term "power metal" existing, if you ask me.

Eizweir

Quote from: Kaz on August 28, 2008, 10:07:01 PM
Quote from: Marth Xero on August 28, 2008, 06:07:50 PM
Dragonforce is Power Metal

I hate how even the biggest fans of DragonForce still can't get it through their heads that the "F" in "Force" is supposed to be capitalized.

Sorta like EarthBound's problem when it comes to video games.

But anyway, yeah it's technically power metal, but the difference between power metal and speed metal is so tiny that it's not even worth the term "power metal" existing, if you ask me.
Quote((Playlist.com))
Through the Fire and Flames -- Dragonforce
Operation Ground and Pound -- Dragonforce
Starfire -- Dragonforce
Fury of the Storm -- Dragonforce...
I was misinformed, only two of all the DragonForce songs in my playlist are done right then, xD
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze