"close range attacks are pointless against me!"

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: MARLUXIA on November 17, 2007, 01:55:55 PM
mike grinned as ice cover scythers shoulder
"no I didnt"
"scyther flamethrower!"
because snorunt was still atached to scyther it was a direct hit
"close range attacks are pointless against me!"

OOC/Okay, umm, isn't that godmodding? You said it hit. That is not up to you. Orgizirtee would be the one to decide whether that attack hit.

Transient Link

ooc/ what? he had his snorunt latch on to me. Plus how is it godmoding? are you saying its impossible for scyther to use flamethrower on a pokemon latched to his shoulder? Trust me thats as far as I take it in any match.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: MARLUXIA on November 17, 2007, 02:01:35 PM
ooc/ what? he had his snorunt latch on to me. Plus how is it godmoding? are you saying its impossible for scyther to use flamethrower on a pokemon latched to his shoulder? Trust me thats as far as I take it in any match.

OOC//I'm not saying it's impossible. I may have misread your post but I think you said that the attack actually hit Snorunt. You are not the one to decide if it hits, even if it seems likely.

Joeofmars

OoC//Saying one of your attacks hit a person that isn't your character is godmodding.

IC//Boogie and Shantae continued down the path to their destination, they were almost at Floroama.

Transient Link

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on November 17, 2007, 02:03:41 PM

OOC//I'm not saying it's impossible. I may have misread your post but I think you said that the attack actually hit Snorunt. You are not the one to decide if it hits, even if it seems likely.
ooc/ Really? then I guess me and orginizee are both at fault. He said his attack hit me and I said mine hit him. Really not a big deal man. The battle doesnt have to end from one hit either. I think you are looking to deep into it.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: MARLUXIA on November 17, 2007, 02:07:14 PM

ooc/ Really? then I guess me and orginizee are both at fault. He said his attack hit me and I said mine hit him. Really not a big deal man. The battle doesnt have to end from one hit either. I think you are looking to deep into it.

OOC//Probably.

Transient Link

ooc/ ok good to see that we are good there. Whats done is done now we wait for either fear or orgonizee

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: MARLUXIA on November 17, 2007, 02:09:02 PM
ooc/ ok good to see that we are good there. Whats done is done now we wait for either fear or orgonizee

OOC//This is gonna be a long wait...

IC//Lux stepped into the gym apprehensively. He faced the gym leader. "I challenge you," he said.

Ivy: I accept. I'll start. Go, Sunflora!

In a flash of bright light, the sunflower like Poke'mon appeared.

"Go, Luxio!" said Lux, releasing his Poke'mon.

Sunflora started off with Sunny Day, causing the sun to shine down relentlessly. Then, it charged up a Solarbeam, faster than normal because of the bright sun. Luxio managed to dodge, and retaliated with Discharge. Sunflora was hit, though was not greatly damaged. Sunflora fired Bullet Speed. Luxio used Discharge again, destroying the seeds and damaging Sunflora. Sunflora was paralyzed and Luxio charged in with Ice Fang. His icy jaws closed on Sunflora, greatly damaging it.

Flying Chickens

Ooc\\ >_>' A Scyther knows Flamethrower? That's 100% impossible...

Transient Link

Quote from: Orgizirtee on November 17, 2007, 02:20:11 PM

ooc/ no it isnt. Bugseys scyther knew flamethrower :P ;D

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Orgizirtee on November 17, 2007, 02:20:11 PM

OOC//That's what I said during my first battle with him. I guess he's basing it off the show.

PHOENIXBLAST

OOC/// Yeah you started your battle :) =)

IC/// "Come on Lux you can do it!" I shouted from the sidelines.

FearItself

Ooc// It is unfair for an attack to hit without giving the opponent the chance to dodge, deflect, fight back, etc. The other person may have had something planned ahead, and not taking that sort of fragile situation to account could anger the other person. I don't particularly like it when my own battle plans are thwarted because someone godmods and makes an attack hit without me being able to fight back.

Ic// "Flamethrower? Are you dense?" Shaelyn remarked, watching as Snorunt and Scyther were tussling. "Scyther's strength lies in Attack, not Special Attack. It would hardly do any damage to Snorunt, even if fire is its weakness. Why did you even bother teaching Scyther Flamethrower anyways?"

Tentacool, excited by the tussle, propped herself up on her tentacles, stat-boosted and ready to get involved.

"But I'll let you make the attacks you want. For now, Tentacool, help Snorunt out. Use Water Pulse on Scyther while it's focused on Snorunt." Shaelyn commanded.

Tentacool moved to her right a little, just to make sure she wouldn't hit Snorunt with the attack. She tilted her head back, and then thrust it forward, sending out pulses of water at the bug-type opponent.

Flying Chickens

Quote from: FearItself on November 17, 2007, 03:20:23 PM
Ooc// It is unfair for an attack to hit without giving the opponent the chance to dodge, deflect, fight back, etc. The other person may have had something planned ahead, and not taking that sort of fragile situation to account could anger the other person. I don't particularly like it when my own battle plans are thwarted because someone godmods and makes an attack hit without me being able to fight back.

Ic// "Flamethrower? Are you dense?" Shaelyn remarked, watching as Snorunt and Scyther were tussling. "Scyther's strength lies in Attack, not Special Attack. It would hardly do any damage to Snorunt, even if fire is its weakness. Why did you even bother teaching Scyther Flamethrower anyways?"

Tentacool, excited by the tussle, propped herself up on her tentacles, stat-boosted and ready to get involved.

"But I'll let you make the attacks you want. For now, Tentacool, help Snorunt out. Use Water Pulse on Scyther while it's focused on Snorunt." Shaelyn commanded.

Tentacool moved to her right a little, just to make sure she wouldn't hit Snorunt with the attack. She tilted her head back, and then thrust it forward, sending out pulses of water at the bug-type opponent.
Snorunt was slightly shaken by the attack, but for the exact same reason Shaelyn had given, it had only been hurt slightly. It let it's grip on the shoulder loose, and landed on the ground. It stumbled quickly and awkwardly next to Tentacool, and faced Scyther. "Snorunt, Icy Wind." Nik said.