News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I hereby set a goal to make more threads here than Moses.

Started by Dill, October 05, 2008, 10:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dill

So I was looking at my team, and I once again realized how old they are. Nidoran male, Charmeleon, Kangaskhan. Am I the only one that heavily dislikes all of the new Pokemon? There's something justifiably brutal about the first generation Pokemon that makes me want to use them. If I ever started a hair metal band, I would call it Pidgeot. That's roughly the level of concentrated intenseness that all the old Pokemon bring to my table.

The second generation, too. Looking at the Pokedex, I find Raikou reasonably more vigorous than Shaymin. And say what you want, but Chikorita brings forth a single tear. Poetig injustice, I say, to forget such Pokemon. And if you shall, I dare say punishment to those who cannot justify it.

So I challenge you to bring to my feet a third or fourth generation Pokemon that matches these feelings.

jnfs2014

Macawmoses

The first two gens brought forth some of the most memorable Pokemon; Sneasel, Gengar, Eevee,Teddiursa Dragonite, Noctowl, etc. The third have become more legendary/evolutions of pre-existing Pokemon.

Camerupt (and effectively, Numel), Bronzong, Togekiss, and a few others stand out, and make me love them, but these newer generations do bore me. Also, Feebas.

Dill

Quote from: mackormoses on October 05, 2008, 03:04:33 PM
The first two gens brought forth some of the most memorable Pokemon; Sneasel, Gengar, Eevee,Teddiursa Dragonite, Noctowl, etc. The third have become more legendary/evolutions of pre-existing Pokemon.

Camerupt (and effectively, Numel), Bronzong, Togekiss, and a few others stand out, and make me love them, but these newer generations do bore me. Also, Feebas.

If I could explain the pinnacle of negative emotions with a Pokemon, I would do so with Bronzong. He looks idiotic, is useless to me, and always seems to find ways to make battles last forever when I'm against him.

ThePowerOfOne

IMO, R/S/E Pokemon were great, not as good as the last two games, but still pretty good. The starters were some of the best, it was actually hard for me to pick one since they were actually good. D/P/P, not so great...

But nothing was as good as the first gen Pokemon. Gengar, Scyther, Arcanine, Lapras, Gyarados, Pidgeot (My favorite), and so many more great ones.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Dill on October 05, 2008, 04:52:34 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on October 05, 2008, 03:04:33 PM

If I could explain the pinnacle of negative emotions with a Pokemon, I would do so with Bronzong. He looks idiotic, is useless to me, and always seems to find ways to make battles last forever when I'm against him.
The fact he is a wall makes the last part true, but I was glad to see some cultural representation of Asia, opposed to more "lol mouse, butterfly, and bird". On top of the fact psychic types need more reps.

Jono2

Snorlax has always been, and will always be my favorite poke.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Dill

Quote from: Phaze on October 05, 2008, 08:53:36 PM
IMO, R/S/E Pokemon were great, not as good as the last two games, but still pretty good. The starters were some of the best, it was actually hard for me to pick one since they were actually good. D/P/P, not so great...

But nothing was as good as the first gen Pokemon. Gengar, Scyther, Arcanine, Lapras, Gyarados, Pidgeot (My favorite), and so many more great ones.

I was disappointed out of my mind when I bought Sapphire. I don't think I've ever been so depressed about a video game. Mainly because after Silver, I was convinced that they would continue stacking regions and Pokemon together, but in the new one they almost purposefully dumped a majority of the Pokedex, and changed most of the game.

They took a game focused mainly on how much time you can spend playing it without getting bored and turned it into a short-lived RPG. I felt betrayed, to say the very least, at what they had done to the series.

Silverhawk79

The earlier Pokemon are much more memorable than the newer ones. The new ones are uninspired and bland.

Shujinco2

Yeah, pokemon like Gengar, Cloyster, Alakazam, Lapris, Blissy, Tyranitar, Feroligator, COMPLETELY Badass. Not to mention the legendaries. I mean, Lugia, Moltres, Zapdose, Entei, and let us not forget Mew, Mewtwo, and Celebi.

1 & 2 kick ass.

Dill

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 06, 2008, 07:16:25 PM
The earlier Pokemon are much more memorable than the newer ones. The new ones are uninspired and bland.

The little cries they make have become boring (or sometimes irrelevant), as well. That one krickettune Pokemon doesn't even sound like a cricket. At least the first and second generation ones had interesting enough cries that you would remember them.

It seems like they've taken a purely creative series and turned it into a "fill in the blank" kind of game where every time they take the same old white-washed plot and Pokemon ideas and just add new ones.

I'm tired of catching normal type birds and ferrets and puppies in the beginning. I want a Pokemon game that starts out with catching crazy Pokemon like Scyther and Lapras, or at least simplified versions of them.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Dill on October 09, 2008, 06:27:24 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 06, 2008, 07:16:25 PM

The little cries they make have become boring (or sometimes irrelevant), as well. That one krickettune Pokemon doesn't even sound like a cricket. At least the first and second generation ones had interesting enough cries that you would remember them.

It seems like they've taken a purely creative series and turned it into a "fill in the blank" kind of game where every time they take the same old white-washed plot and Pokemon ideas and just add new ones.

I'm tired of catching normal type birds and ferrets and puppies in the beginning. I want a Pokemon game that starts out with catching crazy Pokemon like Scyther and Lapras, or at least simplified versions of them.
I can remember just about every cry from the first 2 gens. I will always remember Gengar, Lapras, and Lugia's. The new ones really don't match at all, seriously, what is up with Dialga's? Sounds like a dying goat or something...