News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Music with Meaning... ASAP

Started by HTA!, November 23, 2008, 06:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HTA!

I'm having to take in a song tomorrow for a party type day in my English class, but she wants it to have some kind of lyrical meaning...

I'm thinking ATR... mainly for shock value... but do you guys have any suggestions?

HTA!

i had an idea.
Rcik roll the whole class.  :|

Silly_Penguin

alright, i have a good amount of songs (have to make a cd with at least 10 songs that connect to Angela's Ashes) that i think are meaningful.

Disarm by The Smashing Pumpkins
Videotape by Radiohead
Right Where It Belongs by Nine Inch Nails

Beatnik

Do "nothing left to mutilate," and hold up prompt cards with the lyrics written on them.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Kaz

Quote from: Beatnik on November 24, 2008, 01:58:05 PM
Do "nothing left to mutilate," and hold up prompt cards with the lyrics written on them.

Subterranean Homesick Blues style, huh?
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Zovistograt

Practically anything by The Mars Volta.

Watch the english teacher be confused out of his/her mind ^_^
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

tibar21

Pride (in the name of love) by u2.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Level_9_Chao

We Are The Few or A Better Place, A Better Time by Streetlight Manifesto

Actually anything by them. No fillers here.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Jono2

Quote from: Zovistograt on November 24, 2008, 03:43:56 PM
Practically anything by The Mars Volta.

Watch the english teacher be confused out of his/her mind ^_^

THISTHISTHIS

do Viscera Eyes :)

uhh, an easier one, would be

Cats
Foot
Iron Claw
Neurosurgeons scream! for more
At paranoia's poison door

TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN

uhh

OH!

I remember! :D

Two big options:

1. The Police: Every Breath You Take - It's not a love song.  It's about a stalker (every move you make, every breath you take, i'll be watching you)

2. Crowded House - Pineapple Head - not about anything, but the lyrics were made from the words one of the sons of one of the band members said when he had a fever (I did this one in grade 12 and my class was mindfuxxed, except for the girl who the next day did a song about how a shotgun makes a real big bang but you don't have to reload a machete... or something.  she's awesome).

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Metalbott

Don't bring The Mars Volta. As much as I love them, their lyrics are all Acid fueled bullpoop.

Hyrbrid-Gary Numan

Zovistograt

Quote from: Metalbott on November 24, 2008, 06:18:10 PM
Don't bring The Mars Volta. As much as I love them, their lyrics are all Acid fueled bullpoop.
No...that is not true at all.  Their songs are actually about stuff.  I'm not kidding.

Check some of the musings at songmeanings.net for some of their songs.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)