News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

My Abyss

Started by Light, December 30, 2008, 02:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

A/N: This is a short little work I did in my spare time. It's not really about anything; just read.

--

I stare blankly, without a thought, into the abyss. My abyss. It stares blankly back. I know not of when I began this train of words, only realizing that it would lead to my demise as I would finish it. I cannot tell for certain if I shall ever escape; my life dwindles as my mind begins to travel away, across far and distant lands. My abyss begins to talk in a language I do not understand. I can only give a blank look, my willpower diminishing. A light appears in my abyss.

In a brief and powerful moment of unknowledgeable strength, the abyss implodes upon the light, sending me flying. My head whirls as everything comes to a stop, and the universe stands still. I stand, darkness surrounding me. My body can no longer feel; everything I touch feels like nothing. I do the only thing that makes sense to me anymore; I run. My legs have newfound strength and power, and without a doubt in my head, traverse into the unknown. The darkness begins to fade away.

I approach two columns of smoke and haze. The fog it creates shroud my vision, but I am not afraid. I can no longer feel, so I no longer have a reason to fear. I continue to stride, headlong into the mist. Its purple texture touches my ears, as well as my nose, which is when I realize this; I can no longer hear nor smell. My senses, as well as the haze, begin to dissipate.

As the land of darkness in which I roam begins to lighten, I find myself at a crossroads. I take time; after all, I have all of the time in the world. Or so I think. I sit in the middle of the intersection, contemplating my options. I close my eyes, and suddenly, I am submersed underwater. I begin to swim, my legs beginning to grow weary. I open my eyes to try to find my way back to the intersection. Alas; my eyes see nothing but a hazy blue current forever. I open my mouth, in a desperate attempt to breathe, but to no avail. I do not drown, either. I am sucked underneath the currents with one thought left in my mind; I can no longer taste the sweetness of water.

In the end, I lie awake, and dream of making my escape. I have been staring once again, for a seemingly infinite amount of time, no longer truly knowing how to count. I cannot feel my legs, which had been full of strength so long ago. I cannot lift my arms; they too, are gone. I let my head reel back, and my vision yet again wanes to nothingness. I can no longer see.

And so I stop. I cease to exist. I can no longer do anything; with my five senses gone, I am nothing. But yet, I see something. Though my sense of sight is gone, I can see a light. Though my sense of taste is gone, my mouth runs over the sweet nectars of life, and my nose smells the delightful scent. My ears hear the birds singing in the distance, and I can feel the grass beneath my feet, all of the wonders of life, in an amazing and astonishing place I have not even visited in my dreams. I wish to stay, I wish-

I return to my abyss.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Zovistograt

Beautiful.  We need more writing like this here.

What's with this fixation on abysses though?  I wrote a poem about "The Mind of the Abyss," and WizardOrlan LIVES in The Abyss.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Nayrman

As I said in Mack's forum...I dont' really get it X_X:;

Eizweir

Quote from: Nayrman on December 31, 2008, 02:54:31 PM
Why do you have to understand something to appreciate it?
And it could just be up for interpretation.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

jnfs2014

Again, beautiful. :'(

Nayrman

Quote from: Marth Xero on December 31, 2008, 07:08:01 PM
It's hard to enjoy something you don't really get... X_X;;

Zovistograt

Quote from: Nayrman on January 01, 2009, 09:28:06 AM

I don't think you're getting the point.  You're not supposed to understand it.  You are supposed to appreciate the sounds and feel of it.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Zies

...That's what she said...

...Also, you should read more books...

...Nicely written, LS...
...I liked the mysterious aura of the piece and the dark feel to it...
...Also, the ignorance of this character is very well described...

...Pretty cool work...
...+1 Cool Point...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

Nayrman

Quote from: Zies on January 16, 2009, 06:56:25 PM

...That's what she said...

...Also, you should read more books...

...Nicely written, LS...
...I liked the mysterious aura of the piece and the dark feel to it...
...Also, the ignorance of this character is very well described...

...Pretty cool work...
...+1 Cool Point...
Well, I don't read much because very little interests me in the way of books. I often get too bored to finish anything because everything has to be described (which is my major flaw when I write).

Zovi: Then you and I take things very differently. I look at things to understand them, usually not to just appreciate it for what it is. Sometimes I can do that, but usually I have to have a basic understanding of it first (like Lord of the Rings I hated until I managed to understand what was going on)