News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I just realized something...

Started by GreatGonzales106, May 13, 2009, 01:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

Quote from: wiiboychris on May 14, 2009, 07:03:59 PM
Actually, every single Pokémon has its own japanese name...but japanese like "Purin (Jigglypuff)" and so does everyone else except for Pikachu, I think.
Some Pokemon have different names between the two languages, but some don't. Most of the legendaries keep the same name, but most other Pokemon names change.
Some that don't have different names include Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, Manaphy, Unown, Lugia, Porygon, and Pachirisu.
Some that have different names include Magikarp/Koiking, Totodile/Waninoko, Gardevoir/Sirnight, Turtwig/Naetoru, Mantyke/Tamata, Bidoof/Bippa, etc.

I'm guessing that Smash Bros is why you know of Purin as a specific example for Jigglypuff?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Bluaki on May 14, 2009, 09:53:28 PM
Some Pokemon have different names between the two languages, but some don't. Most of the legendaries keep the same name, but most other Pokemon names change.
Some that don't have different names include Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, Manaphy, Unown, Lugia, Porygon, and Pachirisu.
Some that have different names include Magikarp/Koiking, Totodile/Waninoko, Gardevoir/Sirnight, Turtwig/Naetoru, Mantyke/Tamata, Bidoof/Bippa, etc.

I'm guessing that Smash Bros is why you know of Purin as a specific example for Jigglypuff?
Yes. You're correct. :P

chaosgear

Quote from: Zero on May 14, 2009, 08:00:58 PM
This is stupid

No pokemon is a "real animal". All pokemon are based off of various animals, objects, mythical creatures, or are just plain f***tarded(hence the japanese origin of pokemon).

My favorites of the pokemon origins are Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza; Which are based off of the biblical creatures Behemoth, Leviathan, and Ziz respectively.
Ziz? never heard of it. do you have a reference?

chaosgear

lol did you know that, in japan, jolteon it thunders, vaporeon is showers, and flareon is boosters? i find that hilarious!

JrDude

Quote from: chaosgear on May 15, 2009, 11:57:31 AM
lol did you know that, in japan, jolteon it thunders, vaporeon is showers, and flareon is boosters? i find that hilarious!
I'll give you my Showers, it's golden.
GIVE ME A BOOSTER AND I'LL GIVE YOU A GOLDEN SHOWERS!
[move][/move]
Dude .

chaosgear

...i dont know how to answer that...