News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Pokémon of the Day #2

Started by Macawmoses, June 18, 2009, 05:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Sorry for the delay!

Our second Pokemon of the Day is....

Aerodactyl
Type:Rock/Flying
Ability: Rock Head or Pressure
Tier: OU

So, Aero is our Pokemon of focus for today. As one of the fossil Pokémon, it gets the spotlight a tad more frequently, notable as a lead for a certain Elite 4 member.

Contrary to popular belief, electric damages Aero...and heartily, at that. Regardless, it has a good set of moves and speed. This makes it a good lead, especially for OU.

Taunt/Stealth Rock seems to be a common trend, but I've also noticed diversions in the rest of the common set (including EQ and Stone Edge) to incorporate Aqua Tail and a couple of Elemental Fangs. It definitely has potential. Unfortunately, it IS weak to Stealth Rock itself...which is never good.

Regardless, Aero is one badass Generation 1 Pokémon. Too bad it wasn't a rock/dragon. Then ice could really have fun. D:

JrDude

I always liked Aerodactyl, seemed to be one of the coolest of the extinct Pokémon, I also liked how he was in Amber instead of the usual regular fossil.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Matt

Ah Aerodactyl... one of my favorite leads, mainly to set up stealth rocks, though once you set up stealth rocks with a good moveset he causes a whole mess of trouble to your opponent.

Pascal

Areo is some great poop.
I ran a non-SR lead.
LO Adamant 252 att/spe
That was a great set.
OHKOs Zapdos with stone edge, when jolly doesn't.
Crunch/EQ/Stone Edge/Ice Fang
It is lol when Azelf's Taunt you and you don't SR.

Predicting Gengar switches is win, and heatran.

Omega12

I prefer Kabutops, but Aero is nice too :D

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

Macawmoses

Quote from: Pascal on June 19, 2009, 05:45:18 PM
Areo is some great s***.
I ran a non-SR lead.
LO Adamant 252 att/spe
That was a great set.
OHKOs Zapdos with stone edge, when jolly doesn't.
Crunch/EQ/Stone Edge/Ice Fang
It is lol when Azelf's Taunt you and you don't SR.

Predicting Gengar switches is win, and heatran.
Interesting. I'm going to try this.

More Aero discussion :|

RaveSage

Areo is defiantly one of the best OU leads out there. It's biggest plus it out speeding Azelf so you can easily Taunt and get your own rocks up if you predict accordingly.

I don't use one myself though due to the constant threat of metagross leads. Those things can take out Areo real easy with any steel attack and some run berries to reduce Ground damage that Areo could use to it's advantage.

Also, TrickScarf can be a real hassle to Lead Areo seeing as he doesn't really need the speed boost and is now locked into SR/Taunt possibly.

HTA!

I actually tried EV training an Aerodactyl in Diamond before I lost it...
Didn't like it's moveset very much.

Macawmoses

Quote from: HTA on June 23, 2009, 10:39:30 AM
I actually tried EV training an Aerodactyl in Diamond before I lost it...
Didn't like it's moveset very much.
What.

The fact it has EQ access without being affected by it itself rules. Then add in elemental fang/crunch support. Stone Edge to end its fellow fliers. Plus, three aforementioned moves - Taunt, Stealth Rock, and Aqua Tail. It covers everything.

tibar21

love my aerodactyl. i'd take aerodactyl over any other 1st gen extinct pokemon anyday. although there are better leads out there. like skarmory.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

jnfs2014

I recently learned that Aero is weak to rock, despite being a Rock type. :(

Juliette

Quote from: tibar21 on June 26, 2009, 10:55:05 PM
love my aerodactyl. i'd take aerodactyl over any other 1st gen extinct pokemon anyday. although there are better leads out there. like skarmory.
erm, aero is better then skarm at setting up entry hazards v;
skarm is predictable and has a slow taunt.  albeit while he can phaze, aero doesn't need to because it can attack with SE/EQ.
skarm is obviously the better scouter but scouting with aero is redundant.

Macawmoses

Quote from: JNFS2014 on June 27, 2009, 08:35:31 AM
I recently learned that Aero is weak to rock, despite being a Rock type. :(
Because of his flying type D:

jnfs2014

I thought that Rock was .5 to Rock, not 1.

RaveSage

Nope. Rock is neutral to rock. Which is why areo still takes hindering damage from SR of 25%.