News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

New Pokemon HG/SS footage.

Started by Eizweir, June 30, 2009, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

I don't know, it's kind of bittersweet seeing a favorite classic being remade... Oh well.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=9694

Just some new pretty pics, some familiar sites.  Some hard to tell in the new graphics style.  I just hope they don't add to much new stuff and ruin it. 

What do y'all think?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Nayrman

I miss my 16 color only version ;_;

Not to mention I think I've lost nearly my entire GB/GBC collection (NOOOO!).
God I miss the old days as a kid, I miss my old grey/barely color handhelds

Macawmoses

Nice to see some new details, but I'm not exactly thrilled about the remake. Yes, I am sure I'll love it....but I just wish we DO see some major overhauls and updates, not just a waste of time.

Eizweir

Thanks, Mac.

Yeah, I'm going to miss the gameboy-style music, the graphics, the music...

This better have some pwnsome remixes

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Lotos

I love how Steelix even follows the player.  Wailord is going to be interesting.

Friendly Hostile

I think I'll certainly enjoy this game, but it does feel like it's lacking the vibrant colors the originals had.

Fish

Playing this game will bring back some good memories for me. I hope I enjoy this one as much as I did the original...

Eizweir

The thing is, when I want a game remade I only want it remade.

Better graphics, sound, framerate.  Better multiplayer.  Done.

Instead, they're putting in all of the 451 Pokemon (I think you don't get the rest until after the Elite 4) like in Fire Red and Leaf Green.  I would much rather they didn't.

jnfs2014

Needs moar original-ness. Seriously, it should be a "2nd gen remake" rather than a "2nd gen game remade into a 4th gen game."

bluaki

Why is there so much 3rd/4th gen hate in this thread?

I'd rather have the newer Pokemon be available in this game at least some than not at all. I'd rather maintain compatibility with the other Pokemon games of the current age. I'd rather not have a jump backwards that removes all the game engine changes of the modern games. Granted, I don't really like any notable storyline focus to be on a newer Pokemon (see: Arceus, who shouldn't even be a storyline focus considering it's event-exclusive) but I'd like some of the newer Pokemon to be obtainable after completing the original storyline.
If you want unchanged G/S so much, go take out your Gameboy Color and play G/S.

Also, why are you complaining about a remake adding too much? This is opposite from the normal complaint that remakes are too much of the same game and don't change enough. Mack stands out of the posts before mine in that he actually hopes it changes enough rather than wishing it isn't changing as much as it appears to.

Anyways, I don't think any of these screenshots are really new. The redesigned art for the PokeGear and Sentret/Wooper/Mareep are things I haven't seen before, though.
There's just one screenshot I'm not sure whether it's been shown elsewhere before:

jnfs2014

I agree with you on that. Pokemon of the 3rd/4th generation should be included after the story, but only after.

tibar21

after seeing those pics i am definately getting that game.
i never played the original version for gold/silver so it'll be a completely new thing to me.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Kierou

I will buy it. I gurantee it.

I just hope marriland Imports and does video coverage/ a playthrough of it.

JrDude

Wtf? Are you guys serious? "They should just remake it and not include 3rd/4th gen Pok?mon"? You guys are idiots, seriously, if you want the exact same thing, then play the exact same one. There's no point in re-making a game if it's exactly the same. Also, if there were no connections to 3rd/4th, even more nerds will complain that their favorite Pok?mon from their D/P/Pt can't be obtained. Re-making a game with no change is like making a new sandwich that's exactly like PB&J.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kierou

Oh, and for the record, I'm with Mack, Blu, and JrDude.