News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Official 3DS Discussion Thread

Started by Thirdkoopa, January 06, 2010, 08:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titus Andronicus

so i guess we're seeing a new zelda for wii in 2012
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Custom

Quote from: mackormoses on January 06, 2010, 05:07:45 PM
Don't diss the blocky graphics. If the DS hadn't been around, pixel games would be long since dead - and there would be the end of an era. I want to see those types of games stick around. The DS promoted their development (see: Castlevania).

I don't diss the graphics, I just don't like seeing the same handheld rereleased 3 times in a year.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: NOJ_CUSTOM on January 06, 2010, 03:49:22 PM
You're a stupid fanboy then. Nintendo hasn't been listening to its fans for awhile. They should really start to. We don't want them to push out consoles and handhelds like they do games that only consist of minigames. The real fans don't want Wii Music. They just want a solid Zelda title.

I really don't want all this extra crap, I just wanted a solid handheld that is fun to play.
Thank you... the voice of obvious reason Right here.

Macawmoses

Quote from: NOJ_CUSTOM on January 06, 2010, 05:52:44 PM
I don't diss the graphics, I just don't like seeing the same handheld rereleased 3 times in a year.
I get that much, but I didn't see a solid deadline announced. While on the other hand, I saw Zelda Wii announced for 2010.

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: mackormoses on January 06, 2010, 10:57:15 PM
I get that much, but I didn't see a solid deadline announced. While on the other hand, I saw Zelda Wii announced for 2010.
and on the third hand, we all know how good zelda games are at coming out on time
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Titus Andronicus on January 06, 2010, 11:58:32 PM
and on the third hand, we all know how good zelda games are at coming out on time
Nintendo has cleared out announcements in terms of the latter part of 2010. Hell, 2010 in general. We know about Sin and Punishment and Endless Ocean as a relatively decent summary of the year. Sure, we have a remake of Gold and Silver (which is to carry the DS, I'm sure. We also have Other M...which really won't get the mainstream success an actual Mario/Zelda/Pokemon title would.

Basically, I'd say it's fairly certain they are going to rely on Zelda to carry the holiday season, with Other M being the mid of the year, and HG/SS as the early part. Vitality, S+P, EO2, etc. to keep the consumers interested. Finally, one sneak title like Excitebots or Shake It!

Thirdkoopa

[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

Listening to fans is never a good idea, because when they listen, they listen to the retards and the people who are joking.
"lets giv shado gunz, datll be so badarse"
and we know the result of that one.

And even if they listened to good ideas, well, it's hard to say what's a good idea and what's a bad idea, since there's always a Nayr somewhere among the people, so people will never be satisfied.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Turok

Quote from: George Babbitt on January 06, 2010, 03:53:08 PM
Heavens forbid we critize and discuss opinions

Uh no, I don't actually think they'll hear me; It's however nice to think of possibilities and hope.  What's wrong with wanting to play something like Super Mario RPG, which in a logical aspect, I could on a DSi If the Virtual Console accounts were linked? - Sony clearly does that with Playstation one for christ sakes. That's not saying Nintendo has to, but It'd be awesome
I'm only gonna say this, with the DSi its impossible to have a normal VC, as the screens are less than 320x240 which is the resolution of every console from the SNES on up (some n64 games run at 640x480). A GB VC is possinle, but not the same one as the Wii, too much shoehorning.

But if the DS2 or whatever it is, when it comes out in a couple of years, has a res of 320x240 or higher (IT BETTER!) then I can see the VC being linkable.

more on this when I'm not stuffing my face :P

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Lotos

Gamecube power?  Let's see a portable Sonic Adventure 2 with wi-fi!

JrDude

Oh yeah, just in case you didn't know, just about every company that makes phones or something release a newer better one every 6 months or so, it seems Nintendo does the same thing.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on January 06, 2010, 03:49:22 PM
You're a stupid fanboy then. Nintendo hasn't been listening to its fans for awhile. They should really start to. We don't want them to push out consoles and handhelds like they do games that only consist of minigames. The real fans don't want Wii Music. They just want a solid Zelda title.

I really don't want all this extra crap, I just wanted a solid handheld that is fun to play.

has Nintendo ever really listened to it's fans?

Nayrman

What I want after hearing these rumors:
1. At least near Cube quality graphics. The PSP in 2004 had PS1.5 graphics, so the next generation of handhelds should be at least CLOSE to PS2/Cube level quality
2. VIRTUAL CONSOLE. For gods sake let us download old gameboy games (and maybe even everything currently on the Wii's VC) onto the darn system! Also known as, some basic memory inside wouldn't help. Remember Nintendo, memory isn't an issue anymore. Found a 250GB harddrive at a store for as low as 60 bucks. There is no excuse anymore.
3. Joystick please. Or better yet, two, fps's on the go!
and finally
4. Less gimmicky control please. Either make it like a lot of the zelda games (somewhat) where the stylus only serves the basic functions that normal buttons can. None of the scribble nonsense. Luckily they've been very good about this in the later couple years on the DS.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Drizzt on March 15, 2010, 01:42:58 PM
I'm only gonna say this, with the DSi its impossible to have a normal VC, as the screens are less than 320x240 which is the resolution of every console from the SNES on up (some n64 games run at 640x480). A GB VC is possinle, but not the same one as the Wii, too much shoehorning.

But if the DS2 or whatever it is, when it comes out in a couple of years, has a res of 320x240 or higher (IT BETTER!) then I can see the VC being linkable.

more on this when I'm not stuffing my face :P
If anything, it will end up being a widescreen 640x360 device if they decide to do near VGA.

Honestly I'm not really caring at this point, I'll just see where it goes and get one if I like it enough.