0 (0%)
Music
2 (13.3%)
Other Elective
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Arcane Saiph on April 21, 2010, 06:16:17 PM
I'm in Pre-Calc now and I find it extremely easy. My AP Physics teacher sometimes throws in Calculus into what we're learning despite the fact that it's not in our curriculum, and so far what he's shown us doesn't seem all that bad. I realize it's probably difficult, but my brain is extremely math/science oriented and I'm terrible at English/history.

And my career intentions involve Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or anything like that. This may change within the next year or something (who knows?), but I really would hate to become a teacher. >.<

Pre-Calc is a whole different beast than Calc, and if you're just taking AP Mechanics, yeah, the calc is going to be easy, because you're only going to be doing derivatives. Best of luck all the same when you get to the real deal.

Also keep in mind that while engineering pays well, your job security will be poop.

Potestas

I'm going to have to agree with Dark Link here. Although they have different names in Dutch, I got a rough idea of what Pre-Calc and Calc would be. They're on a whole different level, believe me.

It's tough, but don't let it get you. Studies are more than just math.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.

Rayquarian

Quote from: Dark Link on April 21, 2010, 03:28:06 PM
Dear god, you're all such math nerds. I'm going to guess that none of you have taken calculus. If you have and still like math, well, become a darn teacher or professor. There's a real dearth of good math teachers in the world today.
I'm taking Calculus AB, and also looking at some higher level math topics in my free time.

Eizweir

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Anarchy_Jas

I picked other elective because my favorite class is Culinary Arts. I love cooking, and I'm gonna go to school to be a chef after graduation. I'm still not sure if I'm going to go for four years to major in either Culinary Arts or hospitality management, or go for two then go work. But anyways, the last thing we made in Culinary was cheesecake. The teacher let us pick any type of cheesecake to make, and we went with Oreo Cheesecake, simple and delicious.

Tied for first with CA is Adventure Ed., a double period gym class I had last semester. I got double the credit, and didn't need to take gym this semester. Along with the normal gym class stuff, we did fishing, archery, "team building" games, went on a rock climbing field trip, and a snowball fight on the last day before Winter Break, and all sorts of fun stuff. Then to make it even better, my five best friends were there with me, and the teacher was amazing. ^^

Frickin' hate math though. I worked my ass off just to get a C+ in Advanced Algebra 2. Once I got the minimum math credits I needed, I deemed myself through. Guess you can say I'm right-brained... though ironically, I miss Chemistry. I had this awesome teacher who lit the ceiling on fire (ok fine, not the ceiling, but methane bubbles that floated to the ceiling), then lit her arms up with the same solution. We got to watch all sorts of (really really) small explosions and do interesting labs, and I found it interesting.

If I had to pick a favorite general subject, I'd go with Social Studies/ History and English, and I support keeping the arts in schools!
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."