News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Should I purchase Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or SoulSilver?

Started by Java, June 06, 2010, 11:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

I'll be traveling on a six hour flight next Saturday and not only have I been wanting to purchase a Pokemon game, but I've also been wanting to purchase a game to keep me occupied.

So...
Should I purchase Diamond/Pearl/Platinum OR HeartGold/SoulSilver?

If you recommend that I purchase a game from the 4th gen, which do you recommend?
I already know that if I purchase one of the remakes, I'll be getting SoulSilver since I originally bought Gold way back when.

So, which one should I buy?

Cornwad

If you've played Gold before, SoulSilver would be a good place to start. It's just made better than Diamond/Pearl.

Night the Lucario

When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Java

Quote from: Cornwad on June 06, 2010, 11:58:23 AM
If you've played Gold before, SoulSilver would be a good place to start. It's just made better than Diamond/Pearl.
Oops. What I meant to say is that I originally bought Gold, not HeartGold, but I think you understood what I meant.

Lotos

If you can only pick one, SoulSilver.  If you one day have the extra money, D/P/Pt aren't too bad (As long as you only buy one.  I made the mistake of getting Platinum, it felt like a chore beating Sinnoh again).

SkyMyl

SoulSilver. It's easily the better game.

...plus, the new interface is just so much better than D/P/Pl.

Kayo

SS. Having a pokemon follow you is a great way to improve your mood.

Plus you can reminisce about the old pokemon games from back in like, 1999 (or whenever)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Spud

I'll have to agree with everyone else. SS is more fun.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

I'm going to totally sway against the crowd since you just need a good game and say to go get Bowser's Inside Story and FF4/IV DS.

...But If you do happen to want to get a pokemon game go with SS. It's superior in most aspects to what I've heard and read. However do get D/P/Pt eventually as that stuff's really cheap especially if you were heavily considering it. Gaming sales in general can be awesome.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Java

Wow... Well, the response is pretty overwhelming.
I'll most likely be buying SoulSilver whenever I get to go to the stores.

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on June 07, 2010, 08:00:42 AM
I'm going to totally sway against the crowd since you just need a good game and say to go get Bowser's Inside Story and FF4/IV DS.

...But If you do happen to want to get a pokemon game go with SS. It's superior in most aspects to what I've heard and read. However do get D/P/Pt eventually as that stuff's really cheap especially if you were heavily considering it. Gaming sales in general can be awesome.
Well, I do want a good game, but I would prefer it to be a Pokemon game.
I would like to get Bowser's Inside Story at some point though.

Java

Alright, I bought SoulSilver.
I probably won't play until the flight though.
I need to study for the ACT, which coincidentally is the same day.

Lotos

Quote from: Java on June 09, 2010, 08:25:23 PM
Alright, I bought SoulSilver.
I probably won't play until the flight though.
I need to study for the ACT, which coincidentally is the same day.

Don't let the motivation distract you.  It would probably distract me D:

Java

Quote from: Lotos on June 11, 2010, 08:25:19 PM
Don't let the motivation distract you.  It would probably distract me D:
Too late. I gave in.  ohintercourse me;

Relichris

I would get all of them.  OH WAIT!  I do have all of them.  I am awesome.  Let's battle!  >:U