News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

IGN's #1 Animated Movie (OF ALL TIME)

Started by SkyMyl, June 26, 2010, 11:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

I'll admit that I don't read any of IGN's Top ### articles. I know I'll fanboy rage if I read them. But I was bored in the middle of the night and saw a video on IGN's channel. "IGN's Best Animated Movie of All Time". I couldn't rage in the middle of the night, so I watched it. Can't say much on #5 since watched the SHIT out of it as a child, but I can't remember it exactly. I actually still haven't seen #2 yet. I suck.

[spoiler=My reaction]http://www.youtube.com/v/yILFWxwKD0I?hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Uhh, yeah. It's just me that's raging at BEAUTY AND THE MOTHERFUCKING BEAST being IGN's pick for the best animated movie of all time, right? I know it's IGN...but Goddangit, it's just...Goddangit. Your thoughts?

Nayrman

Beauty and the Beast isn't even the best "Disney Renaissance" film (The Lion King is).

And IGN's reasoning was bullpoop.

Frankly a lot of this list was poorly constructed, although not surprising considering IGN. Someone please tell me how Secret of NIMH (Don Bluth's best work) and Wallace and Gromit aren't here.

And the South Park Movie? Fucking really IGN? Yea it was funny but it's just a long episode of South Park. That doesn't count. Oy. And Ghost in the Shell is behind Sleeping Beauty WTF!?

Light

I'm not going to complain with that choice, as 1) everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and 2) I personally love Beauty and the Beast. Sure, it isn't my favorite animated movie ever, but it ranks high up there (my personal favorite from the Disney Renaissance).
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Magnum

lol

Pixar ruled the list for 4-2. 5 was random as hell. Iron Giant was just King Kong with a big robot. And number 1 being Beauty and the Beast was strange. It is good, yeah, but Disney has SO many good movies that are as good, if not better, than this movie. But nothing beats the musical number of this one.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Nayrman

Anyone how badmouths Iron Giant doesn't have good taste. Bah. Just Bah.

Magnum

Quote from: Nayrman on June 26, 2010, 01:21:57 PM
Anyone how badmouths Iron Giant doesn't have good taste. Bah. Just Bah.
What makes it so special? Really, think about it, and it does seem SO similar to King Kong it's not even funny. I compared it to a great movie, I wasn't badmouthing it. Don't worry, the movie still has a place in my collection.

It is actually my 5th favorite movie of all time. And I've always thought that way. Don't worry. I just didn't think IGN was going to even mention it.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Nayrman

Quote from: Magnum on June 26, 2010, 01:51:21 PM
What makes it so special? Really, think about it, and it does seem SO similar to King Kong it's not even funny. I compared it to a great movie, I wasn't badmouthing it. Don't worry, the movie still has a place in my collection.

It is actually my 5th favorite movie of all time. And I've always thought that way. Don't worry. I just didn't think IGN was going to even mention it.
the only real similarity between the two is that it's a giant thing as the title character. To be honest the two aren't alike at all...

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on June 26, 2010, 01:54:28 PM
the only real similarity between the two is that it's a giant thing as the title character. To be honest the two aren't alike at all...
You're wrong. King Kong picks up a bomb in New York and flies off to the space where he explodes with it while Iron Giant climbs up the cafe with Hogan calling out for help while helicopters shoot the robot down.

Java

I do not see The Lion King anywhere on this list.
I am disappointed.

I don't know about Toy Story 2 deserving #4...
I liked the original more.

I never actually saw Iron Giant fully, so I can't really say anything about that.

Nayrman

Quote from: Java on June 26, 2010, 03:59:57 PM
I do not see The Lion King anywhere on this list.
I am disappointed.

I don't know about Toy Story 2 deserving #4...
I liked the original more.

I never actually saw Iron Giant fully, so I can't really say anything about that.

Lion King is on there. But it's too low. Well, it should've been higher than Beauty and the Beast at least.

BOREDFOREVER

I actually think WALL-E should have been number one.  Don Hertzfeld should have gotten some love on here two.  Meh to some of the ones that made the cut.  And not even a nod to Shrek? 

Java

Quote from: Nayrman on June 26, 2010, 04:06:22 PM
Lion King is on there. But it's too low. Well, it should've been higher than Beauty and the Beast at least.
At what spot? I'm guessing it's not in the Top 5, which is all I saw.

Red

Numbers one and two should have been Toy Story one and two. It doesn't matter what order, I love them the same. <3

Macawmoses

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on June 26, 2010, 05:39:12 PM
I actually think WALL-E should have been number one.  Don Hertzfeld should have gotten some love on here two.  Meh to some of the ones that made the cut.  And not even a nod to Shrek? 
Shrek's sequels killed the allure.

Thirdkoopa

lol IGN + the word "#1"

never a good mix
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"