News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Decorating your house for the holidays.

Started by Red, November 28, 2010, 07:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red

By this, I mean on the outside, for the whole world to see. I realize it's pretty early, but since it seems that Thanksgiving weekend is the time to put all your poop up where I live, I thought I'd ask. Does your family decorate at all? Mine doesn't usually, but this year we're putting electric candles in the windows, and maybe some lights, I dunno.

Kayo

We do less than we used to. We put a border of lights around the front door, also we wrap strings of twinkly lights around the shrubby little trees in front of the house. And there's white icicle lights hanging in the windows. Considering I live on a road in the woods that no one drives through unless they live there, it's pretty good.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Magnum

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

SkyMyl

We adorn our front yard with lights. Everywhere.

Jhen Mohran

Since my family's working most of the time, I'm usually the one to decorate our house each holiday season. We don't have much in decorations, really...mostly strings of lights, but we have some candy canes for outside. Inside the house is where we really decorate, ze.

Dog Food

There isn't much outside. We just have some spotlights and put up some homemade reefs on our doors (made from ornament balls).
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Kayo

Quote from: KJ on November 28, 2010, 09:00:12 PM
There isn't much outside. We just have some spotlights and put up some homemade reefs on our doors (made from ornament balls).
You make underwater ridges of rocks and coral out of ornament balls and hang them on a door? Whoa.

All we do is put little ring-shaped wreaths made of pine needles and lights on our door.

[spoiler]Assuming you meant wreath (unless I'm mistaken).[/spoiler]
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Seventh

We don't necessarily decorate the outside...we don't feel the need to do that much work.

Instead we put up a tree, ornaments, and a few stuff that sits around the house.
meh

Doodle

My family puts up a few things, like a Santa or some wreaths and things. That's it.
We did lights one year, though.
YEAH

Dog Food

Quote from: Kianglo on November 29, 2010, 04:39:06 AM
You make underwater ridges of rocks and coral out of ornament balls and hang them on a door? Whoa.

All we do is put little ring-shaped wreaths made of pine needles and lights on our door.

[spoiler]Assuming you meant wreath (unless I'm mistaken).[/spoiler]
Yep! It looks so realistic, too!

No, but seriously, I knew I spelled that wrong when I was typing it out. I looked at it and thought to myself, "Something about this does not look right..." But I was busy studying AP Euro in between posts, so I didn't have all day to puzzle over why that looked so wrong to me. Brain fried. In other news, I think I did pretty well on my test. The multiple choice and essay about Peter the Great, definitely. Not so much on my essay about how the French Absolutist Monarchy came to be considered a model for all other countries to use. I spent too much time rambling on about Louis XIV and why Spain wasn't a model for that type of government.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Silverhawk79

Not sure this year. We're thinking about getting some giant bulbs on posts to string along the sidewalk, but...we don't usually decorate a ton on the outside, because our house doesn't have any exterior outlets.

BOREDFOREVER

I'm not going to put up anything outside.  We have a large bay window, and our tree is right in front of it, so that makes a nice little display.

Kayo

Oh right, our tree is right in front of the living room window, so you can see it from the road when the lights are on. Especially because I usually forget to turn on the outdoor lights at night.
[move][/move]

Doodle

Quote from: Kianglo on November 30, 2010, 07:13:18 PM
Oh right, our tree is right in front of the living room window, so you can see it from the road when the lights are on. Especially because I usually forget to turn on the outdoor lights at night.
Isn't that kind of a waste of electricity. :U
YEAH

Kayo

Quote from: Doodle on November 30, 2010, 07:53:37 PM
Isn't that kind of a waste of electricity. :U
What, turning the tree lights on? :U
[move][/move]