News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Very Best: A Pokemon Roleplay

Started by FearItself, November 29, 2010, 12:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearItself

Good day, Champion

I send you this email to congratulate you on your conquest over the eight gyms of Sinnoh. It is truly an accomplishment to overcome these obstacles, and it is an honor to welcome you to the hall of the Elite Four. I'm sure you have in mind to challenge the five of us, the first four being the elite four and the last being the current champion, myself. This letter is to inform you that this path is, as of recently, no longer an option.

Over the years, we have speculated that the path through Victory Road and battling through the elite four to become champion has softened over the years. This, in short, means that we feel it is far too easy for you to ascend the ranks and challenge me ultimately. It is no fault of yours or any previous challenger, but from this moment on, you will be succumbed to a much more grueling process that will be a much better analysis of your potential to be a true Pokemon Champion. After you pass this rigorous test, you will, indeed, have the potential to be the very best. I wish you luck.

Attached to this letter is the address of your first destination on this quest. Be there, tomorrow, at noon. Don't be late.

Sincerely yours,

Cynthia

Plot

Your character will be put to the ultimate test. They will arrive at noon on the day after they received their notice. Following their arrival, they will be ferried to an island perhaps an hour away by boat. During that time, the potential champions may get to know each other and each others' Pokemon. Who knows? The person they make the best first impression with may be the one who saves them the challenge.

After arriving at their destination, they will see that they have landed on an island covered by a thick jungle forest. They have been brought to what appeared to them a base camp. They are each handed a sum of 3000 Poke's and told to use this wisely to buy what they needed for their quest. This process will be repeated at each of the individual islands. After leaving base camp, they may only return once per island if they may have an emergency, but only once. Otherwise, they are on their own.

The champions continue on their journey, making their way through the islands and facing any challenges they may come up against. These challenges could span from illness to rampaging wild Pokemon to food shortage to fights amongst champions to any other problems that may arise. The details are up to you.

Legendaries may not be owned or possessed on your character's Pokemon teams. They may, however, make rare surprise apperaances to aid the weary travelers on their quest. But that is a very slim chance, mind  you.

As you have already been told, the first island is a jungle-like island. The second island is a charred, actively volcanic island. The third is a barren winter wonderland. The fourth is one large labyrinth of a cave, the hardest part of the entire journey that all elite four have been through at one time. In the last island, the champions will face Pokemon stronger than they have ever faced before, and will most likely need to rely on others in order to be successful. It is up to your character to make and break alliances if they so choose. Will they be the loner, the conquerer, the coward, the clueless? You decide.

This roleplay is a survival-based roleplay for a reason. Your character will need to do whatever it takes to survive in the four different islands and climates. They will need to use strategic, complex thinking in order to cope with the hardships of being out in the wild, hundreds of miles from civilization. They will already be armed with a rather apt Pokemon team. After all, they have beaten all eight gym leaders.

Have fun, and try to survive.

Rules

1.) Six Pokemon per team. You can have less if you wish, but no more. If you buy Pokeballs at the base camp and catch Pokemon on the islands, you'll have to return to base camp or wait until the next island to swap your Pokemon out. The base camps serve as Pokemon Centers and Poke Marts in a sense.
2.) Your character has to eat and drink every (roleplay) day. This is realistic after all.
3.) You know what the islands are like, but your character doesn't until they experience them. Therefore, they won't know how to set up their team accordingly. They can have a well-rounded team, but not a planned team. Get it?
4.) Not everyone can be all by their lonesome. The point of this is to work together to overcome problems with teamwork and act like a true champion.
5.) Limit to one shiny per team. Don't go crazy. You can catch one on the island if you want and if your character doesn't already have one, but remember, shinies are horribly, horribly rare.
6.) There aren't technically levels and stats in this roleplay. It's all relative. Just remember to be fair.
7.) Like I said, it's not technical. Your Pokemon can have more than four moves. Use any move you want, as long as your Pokemon can learn that move, of course.
8.) No getting across the island in one (roleplay) day. The islands are of decent size. Your character will take at least a few (roleplay) days to get through them.
9.) Ferries at the end of each island leave at noon each day to take champions from one island to the next. If your character doesn't make it to the far coast of whatever island they're on by that time, they will have to wait until the next day to board and go to the next.
10.) Your character and Pokemon can die if you do not take care of them.
11.) You kill Pokemon for food, not animals. Roast fished Magikarp over the fire, not trout. Etc.
12.) Proper spelling and grammar is necessary. I won't accept any less.
13.) I will expect you to type out your character's speech in quotations, OOC in parenthesis, and actions without any asterisks. Write as if you were writing a book, with proper syntax and such. I utterly detest asterisks, they're the easy way out. Use description, make someone actually want to read your post.
14.) I have full charge over this roleplay. Only moderators have more control than I do. I wouldn't try to overstep that if I were you.
15.) Have fun. There's no prize for making it off of the last island first, but whoever does make it will be exalted with the elite four and deemed the most deserving of champions in the history of Pokemon mastery.
*16.) About Black and White generation Pokemon: I "guess" you can use them. If you're really compelled to use them, go ahead, I won't stop you. Serebii.net has a Black/White Pokedex with all their abilities and movesets and such, so you can use that. I personally don't like picking Pokemon I haven't had the opportunity to use myself and know/understand, but it's your choice. Have fun typing out those Japanese names every post.

Character Profile Sheet

Copy the code below into your post and fill it out accordingly. You can delete the parentheses when you are finished reading and understanding them.

[b]Name:[/b] ( Your character's name. Only a first name is needed, but you can add a last name too. )
[b]Age:[/b] ( Your character's age. )
[b]Gender:[/b] ( Your character's gender. )
[b]Personality:[/b] (Your character's personality. )
[b]Appearance:[/b] ( A sprite, anime picture, or typed description of your character is acceptable. )
[b]History:[/b] ( A brief summary of your character's past. This is optional. )
[b]Pokemon:[/b] (Pick six (or less) Pokemon to be on your team. You are an upcoming champion, so it's okay to have all third-evolution (or last-evolution) Pokemon. Fill out the italicized categories below for each of your Pokemon. Include and define any Pokemon you have in your PC that you may withdraw at some point during the roleplay.)
[[ pe2k.com sprite here, you can delete this and put the sprite in this spot ]]
[i]Breed Of Pokemon[/i] - (What Pokemon is it?)
[i]Nickname -[/i] (If any)
[i]Gender -[/i] (Male/ Female/ None)
[i]Ability -[/i] (Things like Intimidate, Wonderguard, etc. Look them up on Serebii if you don't know them off the top of your head.)
[i]Move set -[/i] (Check serebii.net for possible move sets for your Pokemon.)
[b]Favorite Pokemon Type:[/b] (Just curious.)
[b]Particular Survival Talent:[/b] (Pick something you're good at, in terms of survival, but try to pick something other people haven't picked. That way, your character will have good chemistry with the rest of the characters. This talent can be something like being a good fire-starter, being good at fishing, etc.)
[b]Other:[/b] (If I left anything out, feel free to add it here.)

It should look like this.

Name: ( Your character's name. Only a first name is needed, but you can add a last name too. )
Personality: (Your character's personality. )
Appearance: ( A sprite, anime picture, or typed description of your character is acceptable. )
History: ( A brief summary of your character's past. This is optional. )
Pokemon: (Pick six (or less) Pokemon to be on your team. You are an upcoming champion, so it's okay to have all third-evolution (or last-evolution) Pokemon. Fill out the italicized categories below for each of your Pokemon. Include and define any Pokemon you have in your PC that you may withdraw at some point during the roleplay.)
[[ pe2k.com sprite here, you can delete this and put the sprite in this spot ]]
Breed Of Pokemon - (What Pokemon is it?)
Nickname - (If any)
Gender - (Male/ Female/ None)
Ability - (Things like Intimidate, Wonderguard, etc. Look them up on Serebii if you don't know them off the top of your head.)
Move set - (Check serebii.net for possible move sets for your Pokemon.)
Favorite Pokemon Type: (Just curious.)
Particular Survival Talent: (Pick something your character is good at, in terms of survival, but try to pick something other people haven't picked. That way, your character will have good chemistry with the rest of the characters. This talent can be something like being a good fire-starter, being good at fishing, etc.)
Other: (If I left anything out, feel free to add it here.)

Base Camp Supply Prices

Trainer Items

Ultra Ball - 1000
Full Restore - 1500
Paralyze Heal - 100
Awakening - 150
Burn Heal - 150
Ice Heal - 150
Antidote - 100
Full Heal - 500
Max Repel - 700
Pokémon Food - 1000

Survival Items

Umbrella - 1500
Knife - 1500
Blanket - 1000
Tent Kit - 3000
Sleeping Bag - 1750
Box of Matches - 1250
Binoculars - 1000
First Aid Kit - 1250
Tub of Drinking Water - 1500
Sunscreen/Aloe Pack - 750
Fishing Kit - 1750
Compass - 300
Insect Repellent - 500
Sunglasses - 500
Plastic Tarp - 1000
Bolt of Twine and 15ft Rope - 1250

(Discounted from the prices in the actual games.)

FearItself

Roleplayer Profiles

Nerina's Profile
[spoiler]Name: Nerina
Personality: Nerina has to be the most hard-headed girl anyone would ever come across. She is very opinionated, and relies heavily on strategy, whether it be in a battle or an argument. Though when caught in the moment she tends to act impulsively, bypassing her often thorough and strategic personality to jump into the fray. As with most females, her mood often heavily affects her thoughts and actions, which could either work to her benefit or work against her in often hilarious ways.
Appearance: Her mugshot. Below that is just brown capris and sandals.
Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon - Omastar
Nickname - None
Gender - Male
Ability – Shell Armor
Move set - Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Earth Power, Withdraw, Rollout, Toxic, Rain Dance,  Sandstorm.

Breed Of Pokemon - Tangrowth
Nickname - None
Gender - Male
Ability - Leaf Guard
Move set - Sunny Day, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Ancientpower, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb, Shock Wave

Breed Of Pokemon - Jynx
Nickname - None
Gender - Female
Ability - Forewarn
Move set - Lovely Kiss, Nasty Plot, Signal Beam, Water Pulse, Dream Eater, Wish, Psychic, Magic Coat

Breed Of Pokemon - Ledian
Nickname - None
Gender - Female
Ability - Swarm
Move set - Bug Buzz, Silver Wind, Psybeam, Ominous Wind, Aerial Ace, Focus Blast, Safeguard, Reflect, Hyper Beam

Breed Of Pokemon - Stantler
Nickname - None
Gender - Male
Ability - Intimidate
Move set - Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Psychic, Iron Tail, Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Giga Impact, Dream Eater, Sucker Punch

Breed Of Pokemon - Magmortar
Nickname - None
Gender - Male
Ability - Flame Body
Move set - Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Thunderpunch, Cross Chop, Mega Punch, Rock Slide, Will-o-wisp, Return
Favorite Pokemon Type: Water and Bug
Particular Survival Talent: Due to babysitting her little sisters and controlling their shenanigans, Nerina has become well-versed in the profession of first-aid. She also knows much about wild plants and herbs. Needless to say, she can probably put the two together to help heal wounds if ever there are any. (... She fixes boo-boos.)[/spoiler]

Nolan's Profile
[spoiler]Name: Nolan Ces
Personality: Very heart full and loving. He cares about ever creature and person alive and will do anything to help them. But he is very serious and wise, as he lived with his grandparents his entire life, learning all he could from them. He has one big flaw in thinking he is always right.
Appearance: Standing at an astounding 6' 6", Nolan is a collosus man with a wiry frame. But he is stronger than you would believe. He has a gruffy beard he constantly shaves, and his hair is a mess from living outside with his Pokemon (since he can rarely afford a nice place). He has only 3 sets of clothes. 1 - A plain white t-shirt with plenty of mud stains and whole with an equal dirty pair of blue pants. 2 - A well kept black suit 3 - A thick coat and heavy pants. Each for the occasion.
History: Nolan's father died on his own Pokemon adventure, and his mother died just days after giving birth, so his sister and himself moved in with his grandparents. He stayed with them until he was 22, when both his sister and him left for their own journeys. He wanted to be a Master like his father had tried, but his sister went onto Pokemon Contests. Nolan himself has 2 contest badges from when he tried it out.
Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon - Futachimaru
Nickname - Wotter
Gender - Male
Ability - Torrent
Move set - Focus Energy, Water Pulse, Revenge, Aqua Jet, Sword Dance, Hydro Pump

Breed Of Pokemon - Gengar
Nickname - Gen
Gender - Male
Ability - Levitate
Move set - Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater, Nightmare

Breed Of Pokemon - Mawile
Nickname - Maw
Gender - Female
Ability - Intimidate
Move set - Fake Tears, Sweet Scent, Crunch, Iron Defense, Stockpile, Swallow

Breed Of Pokemon - Meganium
Nickname - Meg
Gender - Female
Ability - Overgrow
Move set - Synthesis, Reflect, Magical Leaf, Light Screen, Aromatherapy, Solar Beam

Breed Of Pokemon - Luxio
Nickname - Lux
Gender - Female
Ability - Rivalry
Move set - Charge, Thunder Fang, Wild Bolt, Scary Face, Discharge, Crunch

Favorite Pokemon Type: Ghost
Particular Survival Talent: Cook
Other: My Pokemon's personalities.

Wotter - Very outgoing and always ready for a fight
Gen - Very calm, doesn't take much serious
Maw - Tsundere
Meg - Protective of other Pokemon (Kinda like a Chansey, wants to help them)
Lux - Luxio is very nice, but also the most powerful of the group[/spoiler]

Matt's Profile

[spoiler]Name: Matt "Insidious Tiger" C.
Personality: An undaunted and quick witted trainer who will take on any challenge with outstanding prowess.
Appearance:
History: Matt has always been exceptionally bright when it came to Pokemon, which first started to show at the age of seven, when he found an encyclopedia of Pokemon written by Professor Oak. He read that book cover to cover multiple times and carried it around wherever he went. At the age of ten, he was given a Charmander by Professor Oak himself and thus began his Journey to become a Pokemon Master. Matt took each region by storm winning all eight badges in the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn region, but always coming up short in the Pokemon League. After three failed attempts at glory, he vanished off the Pokemon Competetive scene for awhile. Now he has reamerged in Sinnoh region and has since collected all eight badges.
Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon - Charizard
Gender - Male
Ability - Blaze
Move set - Aerial Ace, Rock Tomb, Brick Break, Earthquake

Breed Of Pokemon - Dragonite
Gender - Male
Ability - Inner Focus
Move set - Extreme Speed, Heal Bell, Dragon Claw, Heat Wave

Breed Of Pokemon - Jolteon
Gender - Female
Ability - Volt Absorb
Move set - Hidden Power (ICE), Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam

Breed Of Pokemon - Milotic
Gender - Female
Ability - Marvel Scale
Move set - Ice Beam, Surf, Hypnosis, Recover

Breed Of Pokemon - Mamoswine
Gender - Male
Ability - Oblivious
Move set - Stone Edge, Body Slam, Earthquake, Ice Shard

Breed Of Pokemon - Hitmonlee
Gender - Male
Ability - Limber
Move set - Close Combat, Blaze Kick, Sucker Punch, Bounce
Favorite Pokemon Type: Dragon
Particular Survival Talent: Impeccable sense of direction, always able to find his way by just looking up at the stars.[/spoiler]

Junior's Profile
[spoiler]
Name: Junior
Personality: Sarcastic, cocky, confident, calm, laid back, realistic, lazy, original.
Appearance:
History: Junior decided to leave home at 18 when he finished school. He practiced battling at school with his Haunter. He normally traveled with his girlfriend. He was able to collect all the gym badges, but his girlfriend didn't collect any, so when he got the email to go on this trip, he had to go alone.
*More in Pokémon descriptions
Favorite Pokémon Type: Ghost or Dark.

Pokémon:

Breed Of Pokémon - Haunter
Nickname - Boogey
Gender - Male
Ability - Levitate
Move set - Hypnosis, Nightmare, Dream Eater, Curse, Mean Look, Shadow Claw, Poison Jab, Perish Song.
History - At a young age, Junior was having nightmares, which was being caused by a Gengar that snuck in and hid in his closet. A Haunter then came, hungry, and ate the nightmares caused by the Gengar, the Haunter then hid under his bed. When the boy discovered the two ghosts, the two ghosts then discovered each other. By singing a strange song normally not known by these Pokémon, the Haunter then scarred the Gengar away. Ever since then, the Haunter hid under Junior's bed and ate only the nightmares Junior had. When Junior got interested in fighting with Pokémon, he just threw a dusk ball under his bed and caught the Haunter.
Haunter now will normally not stay in his Pokéball, but instead just hide in Junior's backpack.

Breed Of Pokémon - Luxray
Nickname - Malakoo
Gender - Male
Ability - Intimidate
Move set - Thunder Fang, Wild Bolt, Charge, Discharge, Volt Charge, Crunch, Flash, Strength.
History - After Junior stopped having nightmares, his parents caught him a Shinx to play with. When Junior left for his adventure, the Shinx followed him. He then trained it to become a Luxray.

Breed Of Pokémon - Weavile
Nickname - Minzee
Gender - Female
Ability - Wicked Thief
Move set - Claw Sharpen, Night Slash, Thief, Attract, Agility, Ice Punch, Surf, Whirlpool.
History - When Junior got the email to go on his adventure, his girlfriend gave him her Weavile, which was her most powerful Pokémon.

Breed Of Pokémon - Scizor
Nickname - Tijeraz
Gender - Male
Ability - Swarm
Move set - Frustration, Swords Dance, False Swipe, Metal Claw, X-Scissor, Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Cut.
History - As a Scyther, this Pokémon was not shiny; this Pokémon was one of the few Pokémon that was forced to evolve by Team Rocket, but it rampaged with Frustration. Team Rocket tried to catch it back, but it managed to escape with injuries. It ran into a Bannet while escaping and got cursed. The Bannet fled but the curse kept going on, the Scizor still moved as if it had no pain. Junior found it in a Safari Zone, when he threw rocks at it it got mad and sprinted towards Junior, so in fear, Junior threw a Safari ball and caught it instantly. This Pokémon is really strong, but will often not listen to it's owner.
Because he was forced to evolve, his coloring is a little odd.

Breed Of Pokémon - Tropius
Nickname - Doporuas
Gender - Male
Ability - Chlorophyl
Move set - Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Synthesis, Leaf Storm, Roost, Leach Seed, Defog, Fly.
History - When Junior decided to leave, his parents told him to visit often, then they gave him a Tropius his dad caught when he was a trainer. It already knew Fly.

Breed Of Pokémon - Kuitaran
Nickname - Hormigo
Gender - Male
Ability - White Smoke
Move set - Devastate, Purgatory, Fire Blast, Attract, Snatch, Bug Bite, Dig, Wrap.
History - This Pokémon was caught in a faraway place. Junior left to get it because ants were eating his cereal and he wanted to get rid of them in a brutal way.

Particular Survival Talent: Has easy access to food since Tropius grows fruit on his neck. Is good at talking his way into good situations, and talking his way out of bad situations.
Other: Pokéhistory.^^^
[/spoiler]

Ryan's Profile
[spoiler]
Name: Ryan Kianglo
Personality: Calm, quiet at first, but loud and determined on the inside. A good thinker, can come up with ideas on the spot. But hates it when things go just plain wrong.
Appearance:
History: Left home after turning 16 to start an adventure. Had no idea what would happen.
Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon - Shandera
Nickname - None.
Gender - Male
Ability - Flame Body
Move set - Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Evil Eye, Energy Ball, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball
A strong special attacker. Knows a variety of different moves, and it often uses Will-O-Wisp then Evil Eye for massive damage. (If you didn't know, Evil Eye is a new attack that does double damage on a pokemon with a status condition.)

Breed Of Pokemon - Gardevoir
Nickname - None.
Gender - Female
Ability - Synchronize
Move set - Psychic, Calm Mind, Grass Knot, Thunderbolt, Reflect, Light Screen
A very caring and friendly Pokémon. Not unlike other Gardevoir, she will go to any length to protect her trainer and his friends. She uses Reflect and Light Screen to shield her partners and friends from enemy attacks.

Breed Of Pokemon - Swampert
Nickname - None.
Gender - Male
Ability - Torrent
Move set - Earthquake, Surf, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Protect, Rock Slide
Hard physical hitter, very strong but calm. Swampert likes to swim across bodies of water and is capable of climbing waterfalls, while carrying people or other Pokémon. Ryan's first Pokémon.

Breed Of Pokemon - Metagross
Nickname - None
Gender - None
Ability - Clear Body
Move set - Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Agility, Iron Defense, Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash
Powerful but arrogant. Will listen to its trainer but no one else. Can reach very fast speeds with Agility then use strong attacks like Meteor Mash.

Breed Of Pokemon - Flygon
Nickname - None
Gender - Male
Ability - Levitate
Move set - Earthquake, Fly, U-Turn, Fire Blast, Sandstorm, Draco Meteor
A quiet Pokémon who is capable of flight while carrying people or Pokémon.

Nickname - Jolt
Gender - Male
Ability - Volt Absorb
Move set - Light Screen, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Double Team
Like Gardevoir, can use Light Screen to protect its allies. It also used its high speed and Double Team to confuse the enemy. A very loving and faithful companion, and one of Ryan's first pokemon.

PC POKEMON

Breed Of Pokemon - Espeon
Nickname - Espi
Gender - Female
Ability - Synchronize
Move set - Calm Mind, Psychic, Morning Sun, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam
Another one of Ryan's first pokemon, this one is stronger than the rest and as such, is waiting in the PC for now. May be taken out later in the adventure.
Assume I have more in the PC, that I can't think of now. Metagross is currently in the PC but I will take it out before long.

Favorite Pokemon Type: Psychic
Particular Survival Talent: Good at quick thinking, coming up with ideas based on the turn of events.[/spoiler]

Lux's Profile
[spoiler]Name: Lux ((not to be confused with the Luxio))
Personality: He is very quiet and reserved at first. Will slowly open up a bit as he gets to know people.  He's very analytical and thinks everything through unless he's really angry, but that doesn't happen often.  He can act like everything's fine when he wants to die on the inside.  Or he can act needy when he doesn't need anything.  He'll act completely different with different people.  He won't seem like he cares but he really does.  In fact he'll probably do anything for you even if he hardly knows you.  He's very helpful, but not very approachable.

Appearance: Intimidating on the outside, Lux is a scary looking dude.  He has shaggy light brown hair that is reaching his eyes and ears.  He is often brushing his bangs towards his left eye.  He has gray eyes with a cold, emotionless glare.  Under his left eye there is a thin scar from a knife.  Lux has the body of someone who has never known comfort.  He's tall and thin, but completely solid and compact, he could out run, jump, climb, and fight anybody if he had to.  His clothes look like they could have once been nice.  He has some plain undershirts he wears with different jackets, gray, black, and white.  He has a black hoodie he occasionally wears, he always has the hood on to the side so it covers more of his left and less of his right.  He carries everything in a nice heavy-duty hiking backpack that he lives out of.  On his back there are three scars that run diagonal across the center.  He doesn't even know where they came from.

History: Lux has never had a home.  He never knew his parents, and has run away from more foster homes than he can remember.  He stays on the streets until he's caught and brought back.  He met his Mightyena and Houndoom on the streets.  They became friends, and Lux never even pretends to own either of them.  They entered some junior competitions and Lux was seen as a prodigy.  When he turned 16 he ran away again and never looked back.  He illegally and unofficially entered the Poke League and has been one of the best ever since.

Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon Mightyena
Nickname - Atra
Gender - Female
Ability - Intimidate
Move set - Strength, Bite, Dark Pulse, Captivate, Sucker Punch, Thief, Take Down, Howl, Roar
History - Lux met this Poochyena when he still a little kid.  They found each other on the streets and have cared for each other since.  Atra doesn't even have a Pokeball to enter.

Breed Of Pokemon Sharpedo
Nickname - Squall
Gender - Male
Ability - Rough Skin
Move set - Surf, Skull Bash, Crunch, Ice Fang, Rage, Dark Pulse, Ancient Power, Hydro Pump

Breed Of Pokemon Honchkrow
Nickname - Fuga
Gender - Female
Ability - Insomnia
Move set - Fly, Dark Pulse, Night Slash, Wing Attack, Shadow Ball, Aerial Ace, Defog, Brave Bird

Breed Of Pokemon Salamence
Nickname - Draco
Gender - Male
Ability - Intimidate
Move set - Dragon Claw, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Steel Wing, Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Dragon Dance, Twister

Breed Of Pokemon Gallade
Nickname - Arc
Gender - Male
Ability - Steadfast
Move set - Swords Dance, Protect, Close Combat, Calm Mind, Psychic, Focus Blast, Endure, Cut, Thunderbolt

Breed Of Pokemon Dusknoir
Nickname - Nox
Gender - Male
Ability - Pressure
Move set - Future Sight, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Hyper Beam, Confuse Ray, Will-o-Wisp, Ominous Wind, Shadow Punch
Nox is Lux's most powerful pokemon, but only does things it wants to.  Lux hardly knows anything about him, he willigly joined Lux's party.

Favorite Pokemon Type: Dark, he has most in common with them.
Particular Survival Talent: Can work wonders with knots.  Give him a rope and he can give everything you need.
Other: Lux's Pokemon is his family, he sees them all as equals.  Everything they do is as a team.  Family comes first.[/spoiler]

Shiloh's Profile
[spoiler]Name: Shiloh Drayze (deh-ray-zee) (people call him Shy, Zee or Raye).
Personality: Likes to have fun and joke around. Always smiling, the glass is half full type. He focuses more on having fun then doing work and can be lazy. But he's loyal and behind that innocent mask is a powerful Pokemon trainer. And he still has a drive to win, so his father can be proud.
Appearance: <--- a lot like this, with light blue eyes and messier blonde hair.
History: Left home at 10 to be a great trainer, like his father was. His dad's Pokemon, an Arcanine, had babies and one of them was a shiny Growlithe. That was his first Pokemon ever. And since then he's been traveling the world, collecting Pokemon and creating an armada that could rival the elite four. He had a little sister, Shitaki Drayze, but she was only 7 when he left so he hasn't seen much of her. His dad died before he could become the very best, so he's made a promise to do it so that his dad can see from wherever he is now. Now him and his sister are at the place together and he plans on reconnecting with her, but he also needs to kick her ass and everyone else's for the prize.
Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon - Shiny Arcanine (his starter)
Nickname - Shiny
Gender - Male
Ability - Flash Fire
Move set - Fire Blast, Bite, Body Slam, Thief, Ariel Ace, Overheat, Extremespeed

Breed Of Pokemon - Pidgeot
Nickname - Brownie
Gender - Male
Ability - Keen Eye
Move set - Fly, Whirlwind, Steel Wing, Quick Attack, Double-edge, Sunny Day, Mirror Move

Breed Of Pokemon - Golduck
Nickname - Hog (because he's an HM hog)
Gender - Male
Ability - Damp
Move set - Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Rock Smash, Strength, Dig

Breed Of Pokemon - Poliwhirl
Nickname - Swirl
Gender - Male
Ability - Water Absorb
Move set - Hypnosis, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Psychic, Earthquake, Focus Punch, Toxic

Breed Of Pokemon - Machamp
Nickname - Champ
Gender - Male
Ability - Guts
Move set - Cross Chop, Dynamicpunch, Low Kick, Bulk Up, Protect, Brick Break, Hyper Beam

Breed Of Pokemon - Gyrados
Nickname - Nessie
Gender - Male
Ability - Intimidate
Move set - Thrash, Dragon Rage, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Blizzard, Thunder, Fire Blast
Favorite Pokemon Type: Water
Particular Survival Talent: Anything to do with water. He's an amazing swimmer, fisher, etc.[/spoiler]

Rachel's Profile
[spoiler]Name: Rachel Drayze
Personality: Sarcastic and cynical. She's an extremely hard worker and very outspoken. Very stubborn and won't stop something once she's set her mind to it.
Appearance:
History: She was born mostly under the care of her mother, since her dad was strict and seemed to think of women as lowly servants. He spent all his time coddling Rachel's older brother, ignoring her. So when her brother left, Rachel was constantly neglected by her father. When she turned 10, she also set out to make her father proud, although he barely noticed her disappearance. The only thing that alerted to him that she had gone was that another one of the Arcanine pups had been stolen, which she took to start her journey. Since then she's been following after her brother, determined to prove herself to her father. She went all around Kanto (her region), collecting Pokemon and beating gyms, on the road to the Elite Four. When she learned of her father's death, she was devastated because she was never able to make him notice her and really see her. But now that she has started this journey, she won't stop until she's completed it. And that means beating her brother to the finish line.
Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon - Arcanine
Nickname - Ray
Gender - Female
Ability - Intimidate
Move set - Bite, Extremespeed, Fire Blast, Thief, Overheat, Dig, Iron Tail.

Nickname - Krueger
Gender - Male
Ability - Levitate
Move set - Destiny Bond, Shadow Punch, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Thunder, Hyper Beam, Nightmare.

Breed Of Pokemon - Alakazam
Nickname - Avada Kedavra
Gender - Male
Ability - Synchronize
Move set - Recover, Psychic, Teleport, Disable, Future Sight, Psybeam, Flash.

Breed Of Pokemon - Blastoise
Nickname - Blue
Gender - Male
Ability - Torrent
Move set - Hydro Pump, Skull Bash, Blizzard, Earthquake, Surf, Waterfall, Dive.

Breed Of Pokemon - Raichu
Nickname - Joey
Gender - Male
Ability - Static
Move set - Thunder, Slam, Quick Attack, Strength, Shock Wave, Focus Punch, Mega Punch.

Nickname - Pandra
Gender - Female
Ability - Inner Focus
Move set - Fly, Dragon Claw, Water Pulse, Blizzard, Thunder, Earthquake, Fire Blast.
Favorite Pokemon Type: Psychic/Ghost
Particular Survival Talent: Rachel is a mechanic at heart. When it comes to the inner-workings of something, she's got the answer. She can create inventions from whatever's lying around and is very adept at setting up a tent.
Other: Might as well throw in some Pokemon history (mostly so I can use it as a reference)-
RAY - Rachel got the runt of the Arcanine's pups. She and Ray formed a special bond right away and it was clear that when Rachel ran away from home to chase after her dream, she was taking Ray with her. They've been together forever and battle side by side. Ray is immensely loyal and kind, but suspicious and cold to people she doesn't know.
BLUE - Rachel got Blue from Professor Oak. He was her second Pokemon. He's a bit of a show-off and can be cocky. When he's not in the mood, he's extraordinarily lazy, too. But he's also determined, and hates losing, so Rachel and Blue fight together well.
JOEY - Rachel found Joey in Viridian Forest, after a long time of searching. He proved to be a worthy catch. Joey is a trickster (getting along best with Krueger) and values speed over strength. He enjoys traveling and is probably the most active of the group.
KRUEGER - Another trickster, Krueger was the only one, besides Ray, to choose to travel with Rachel rather than be captured. As a Ghastly, Rachel had spent hundreds of her balls trying to catch the laughing Pokemon, but with no luck. After she gave up, he willingly followed her. No one knows exactly why, though. Krueger is another trickster, always getting a laugh out of something, but he's also the strongest and creepiest of the group - enjoying more scary tactics than low comedy gags like Joey.
AVADA KEDAVRA - The wisest and most pensive of the group. Avada Kadavra (AK, for short), usually sits in silence and meditates. He is the greatest help when it comes to analyzing other's moves, and can use telekinesis to talk to Rachel. He's very humble, as well.
PANDRA - A clumsy and happy-go-lucky dragon. What Rachel thought would have been her hardest capture, turned out to be her easiest. As a young Dratini, she continually caught onto Rachel's fishing pole in the Safari Zone. Time after time, seemingly doing it because it was fun. Eventually, Rachel managed to keep her in the ball, and they were immediate friends. Pandra is trusting and loving to all, like the Team Mom of the group. But like a mother, she becomes outraged when any of her family are harmed. Besides that one berserk button, she's a fun and lovable dragon.[/spoiler]

Kumori's Profile
[spoiler]Name:
Kumori
Personality:
Calm and Collected. Has a superiority complex.
Appearance:
Very Long Black Hair, Green eyes. He wears a light silver shirt with a black cloak. Accessory wise he wears a red sword shaped pendant.
History: :Will edit later:

Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon - Grovyle
Nickname -
Gender -
Male
Ability -
Overgrow: When Hp is low it causes grass types attack power gets raised to 1.5%
Move set -
Leaf Blade, Double Team, Solarbeam, Pursuit

Breed Of Pokemon - Alakazam
Nickname -
Gender -
Male
Ability -
Synchronize: When Alakazam is inflicted with poisan, paralysis or burn, the Opponent is inflicted with the same condition.
Move set -
Psybeam, Psychic, Teleport, Shadow Ball

Breed Of Pokemon - Nidoking
Nickname -
Gender - Male
Ability -
When a Pokemon comes within contact of Nidoking it has a 30% chance of being poisoned.
Move set -
Megahorn, Icebeam, Shockwave, Earthquake

Breed Of Pokemon - Primeape
Nickname -
Gender -
Male
Ability -
Primeape can not be put to sleep
Move set -
Focus Punch, Brick Break, Strength, Mega Kick

Breed Of Pokemon - Vaporeon
Nickname -
Gender -
Female
Ability -
Vaporeon is healed by up to 25% hp if hit by water based attacks
Move set -
Aurura Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump, Protect

Nickname -
Gender -
Male
Ability -
When Charizards health gets low it's fire type attack gets increased 1.5
Move set -
Fire Spin, Overheat, Fly, Seismic Toss

Favorite Pokemon Type:
Psychic
Particular Survival Talent:
Is very agile, and can climb up almost any surface.
Other: His Pokemon are only inside there pokeballs if the situation calls for it.[/spoiler]

Magnum

See, now this is MY kinda RP.

Name: Nolan Ces
Personality: Very heart full and loving. He cares about ever creature and person alive and will do anything to help them. But he is very serious and wise, as he lived with his grandparents his entire life, learning all he could from them. He has one big flaw in thinking he is always right.
Appearance: Standing at an astounding 6' 6", Nolan is a collosus man with a wiry frame. But he is stronger than you would believe. He has a gruffy beard he constantly shaves, and his hair is a mess from living outside with his Pokemon (since he can rarely afford a nice place). He has only 3 sets of clothes. 1 - A plain white t-shirt with plenty of mud stains and whole with an equal dirty pair of blue pants. 2 - A well kept black suit 3 - A thick coat and heavy pants. Each for the occasion.
History: Nolan's father died on his own Pokemon adventure, and his mother died just days after giving birth, so his sister and himself moved in with his grandparents. He stayed with them until he was 22, when both his sister and him left for their own journeys. He wanted to be a Master like his father had tried, but his sister went onto Pokemon Contests. Nolan himself has 2 contest badges from when he tried it out.
Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon - Futachimaru
Nickname - Wotter
Gender - Male
Ability - Torrent
Move set - Focus Energy, Water Pulse, Revenge, Aqua Jet, Sword Dance, Hydro Pump

Nickname - Gen
Gender - Male
Ability - Levitate
Move set - Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater, Nightmare

Breed Of Pokemon - Mawile
Nickname - Maw
Gender - Female
Ability - Intimidate
Move set - Fake Tears, Sweet Scent, Crunch, Iron Defense, Stockpile, Swallow

Breed Of Pokemon - Meganium
Nickname - Meg
Gender - Female
Ability - Overgrow
Move set - Synthesis, Reflect, Magical Leaf, Light Screen, Aromatherapy, Solar Beam

Breed Of Pokemon - Luxio
Nickname - Lux
Gender - Female
Ability - Rivalry
Move set - Charge, Thunder Fang, Wild Bolt, Scary Face, Discharge, Crunch

Favorite Pokemon Type: Ghost
Particular Survival Talent: Cook
Other: My Pokemon's personalities.

Wotter - Very outgoing and always ready for a fight
Gen - Very calm, doesn't take much serious
Maw - Tsundere
Meg - Protective of other Pokemon (Kinda like a Chansey, wants to help them)
Lux - Luxio is very nice, but also the most powerful of the group

I kept it to 6 moves a Pokemon. Felt right. Tell me if I need to change anything.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Kayo

I'm slightly confused, but I'll just learn as I go. So I start with 6 pokemon, but I can catch more? Instead of starting with final-evolution pokemon, I'll be somewhat realistic and start low. Then they can evolve as I play. And I love some of the BW pokemon (and i hate some too) so I'll be using some of them.

[spoiler]
Name: Ryan Kianglo
Personality: Calm, quiet at first, but loud and determined on the inside. A good thinker, can come up with ideas on the spot. But hates it when things go just plain wrong.
Appearance:
History: Left home after turning 16 to start an adventure. Had no idea what would happen.
Pokemon:

Breed Of Pokemon - Shandera
Nickname - None.
Gender - Male
Ability - Flame Body
Move set - Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Evil Eye, Energy Ball, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball
A strong special attacker. Knows a variety of different moves, and it often uses Will-O-Wisp then Evil Eye for massive damage. (If you didn't know, Evil Eye is a new attack that does double damage on a pokemon with a status condition.)

Breed Of Pokemon - Gardevoir
Nickname - None.
Gender - Female
Ability - Synchronize
Move set - Psychic, Calm Mind, Grass Knot, Thunderbolt, Reflect, Light Screen
A very caring and friendly Pokémon. Not unlike other Gardevoir, she will go to any length to protect her trainer and his friends. She uses Reflect and Light Screen to shield her partners and friends from enemy attacks.

Breed Of Pokemon - Swampert
Nickname - None.
Gender - Male
Ability - Torrent
Move set - Earthquake, Surf, Waterfall, Ice Punch, Protect, Rock Slide
Hard physical hitter, very strong but calm. Swampert likes to swim across bodies of water and is capable of climbing waterfalls, while carrying people or other Pokémon. Ryan's first Pokémon.

Breed Of Pokemon - Metagross
Nickname - None
Gender - None
Ability - Clear Body
Move set - Bullet Punch, Zen Headbutt, Agility, Iron Defense, Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash
Powerful but arrogant. Will listen to its trainer but no one else. Can reach very fast speeds with Agility then use strong attacks like Meteor Mash.

Breed Of Pokemon - Flygon
Nickname - None
Gender - Male
Ability - Levitate
Move set - Earthquake, Fly, U-Turn, Fire Blast, Sandstorm, Draco Meteor
A quiet Pokémon who is capable of flight while carrying people or Pokémon.

Nickname - Jolt
Gender - Male
Ability - Volt Absorb
Move set - Light Screen, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Double Team
Like Gardevoir, can use Light Screen to protect its allies. It also used its high speed and Double Team to confuse the enemy. A very loving and faithful companion, and one of Ryan's first pokemon.

Assume I have more in the PC, that I can't think of now. Metagross is currently in the PC but I will take it out before long.

Favorite Pokemon Type: Psychic
Particular Survival Talent: Good at quick thinking, coming up with ideas based on the turn of events.
[/spoiler]

I'll add more later.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Magnum

Also, it might be best to start this AFTER or DURING Winter Break. That way people cramming for finals have a chance to come here and start this.

K, we already have 8 badges, so you're suppose to be relatively badass already, so you can have whoever you want :]

Matt

Well well, this actually sounds like fun. Quick question before I begin filling out the "Character Profile Sheet", considering this RPG takes place in Sinnoh, does that mean that trainer's original region is Sinnoh as well? Or... can they be from a different region such as the Kanto?

FearItself

They can be from any region they want to be from. They just have to congregate in Sinnoh on the coast of Sandgem town to catch the boat. The islands they're going to are off the coast of Sinnoh, but they actually aren't considered part of any region. They're pretty much uncharted, except to the Elites that have already done the challenge and taken their place in the Elite Four long before.

And yes, your character should be strong enough to be ready to face the Elite Four and the Champion, theoretically. Before receiving the email from Cynthia they were prepared to fly out to the Pokemon League and challenge the Elites. So, your teams should reflect that Pokemon League level of power. I suppose you could have one or two that aren't fully evolved if you want to, but your character will find the islands significantly more difficult. All of the Pokemon you may encounter on the islands are as strong, if not stronger than the Pokemon the Elite would possess.

Yes, you can come into the challenge with six Pokemon. At the base camps at the beginning of each island, you are allowed to purchase Ultra Ball(s) with the 3000 Poke if your character so chooses to spend their money that way. If you then see a wild Pokemon you like on the Island, your character can use their current Pokemon to weaken it and try to catch it. After it's caught, of course, if you already have six Pokemon, the Ultra Ball will teleport out of your character's hand. There's a makeshift Pokemon Center at the Base Camp at the beginning of the island, there for switching out Pokemon or emergencies if you or your Pokemon get seriously injured during the challenge. But, going back to the Pokemon Center at the Base Camp for whatever reason sets you back a decent distance compared to everyone else in the challenge. While you're backtracking to rest up and/or switch Pokemon out, other people are moving forward. So, just a thought.

Also, your Pokemon can learn moves as you go, I suppose. But the situation in which they learn them has to be believable, of course. Remember, you can't bring any worldly possessions with you to the challenge, so it can't be a TM move or a breedable-only move, or a tutor move that your Pokemon suddenly learns.

Yeah, I think I'll give this RP some time to collect some more members before it starts. I'm not caught in the midst of the finals-mayhem myself, but I know some people who are, so I'm in no rush. :b

Kayo

In that case, I'll evolve my pokemon now before I start. I'll edit my post sometime soon.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Matt

I keep rereading the sentences that mention moves and I'm still confused... I mean, are Pokemon able to have moves that can be learned through TMs coming into the challenge? I have everything else done and accounted for, just a tad bit befuddled about the moves.

JrDude

Interesting, I may come back later to try this.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: Matt on November 30, 2010, 11:29:02 PM
I keep rereading the sentences that mention moves and I'm still confused... I mean, are Pokemon able to have moves that can be learned through TMs coming into the challenge? I have everything else done and accounted for, just a tad bit befuddled about the moves.
Assume you already got 8 badges and beat the Pokemon League. This is post-league. Your pokemon should be powered up. Because you probably used TMs during your Gym challenge. Or at least decent HMs like Surf.
[move][/move]

FearItself

Quote from: Kianglo on December 01, 2010, 04:37:29 AM
Assume you already got 8 badges and beat the Pokemon League. This is post-league. Your pokemon should be powered up. Because you probably used TMs during your Gym challenge. Or at least decent HMs like Surf.
Yes. Your Pokemon can have any moves they want (as long as they can learn them somehow) at the start of the challenge. Those would be the moves that they acquired through your character's personal raising and training of them. However, upon entering the challenge, if you want your Pokemon to learn new moves, it has to be believable. They can't just got and learn a move that's only breedable, it'd most likely be a move that would be obtained by leveling somehow, because that's the only credible way your Pokemon could learn a move in the challenge, since your character won't have access to TMs or HMs or tutors.

Kayo

Quote from: FearItself on December 01, 2010, 06:04:34 AM
Yes. Your Pokemon can have any moves they want (as long as they can learn them somehow) at the start of the challenge. Those would be the moves that they acquired through your character's personal raising and training of them. However, upon entering the challenge, if you want your Pokemon to learn new moves, it has to be believable. They can't just got and learn a move that's only breedable, it'd most likely be a move that would be obtained by leveling somehow, because that's the only credible way your Pokemon could learn a move in the challenge, since your character won't have access to TMs or HMs or tutors.
Right. I planned on having the high level moves (like learned above level 50) learned later. So the super-awesome-powerful moves will come with time.
[move][/move]

Matt

Personality: An undaunted and quick witted trainer who will take on any challenge with outstanding prowess.
Appearance:
History: Matt has always been exceptionally bright when it came to Pokemon, which first started to show at the age of seven, when he found an encyclopedia of Pokemon written by Professor Oak. He read that book cover to cover multiple times and carried it around wherever he went. At the age of ten, he was given a Charmander by Professor Oak himself and thus began his Journey to become a Pokemon Master. Matt took each region by storm winning all eight badges in the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn region, but always coming up short in the Pokemon League. After three failed attempts at glory, he vanished off the Pokemon Competetive scene for awhile. Now he has reamerged in Sinnoh region and has since collected all eight badges.
Pokemon:

Gender - Male
Ability - Blaze

Gender - Male
Ability - Inner Focus

Gender - Female
Ability - Volt Absorb

Gender - Female
Ability - Marvel Scale

Gender - Male
Ability - Oblivious

Gender - Male
Ability - Limber
Particular Survival Talent: Impeccable sense of direction, always able to find his way by just looking up at the stars.[/spoiler]

Ta-da?

Undecided on whether I will bother adding PC Pokemon. Also, I've learned that I am horrible at recoloring sprites. Lastly, I may have overdone it with my character.

Magnum

Quote from: Matt on December 01, 2010, 09:55:22 PM
Appearance:
Pokemon:

Gender - Male
Ability - Blaze

Gender - Male
Ability - Inner Focus

Gender - Female
Ability - Volt Absorb

Gender - Female
Ability - Marvel Scale

Gender - Male
Ability - Oblivious

Gender - Male
Ability - Limber

Ta-da?

Undecided on whether I will bother adding PC Pokemon. Also, I've learned that I am horrible at recoloring sprites. Lastly, I may have overdone it with my character.
My impression on your character.
"Fear me! I am the rival character from Shonen manga!"