News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

Started by Neerb, January 09, 2011, 06:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: WaterAdeptChris on January 13, 2011, 10:39:51 PM
Gameplay-wise, it is. To me, Ventus is the Roxas clone with Sora's personality.

Technically, Roxas is the Sora clone with a part of Ventus' personality.  :P

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Sora on January 14, 2011, 11:12:09 AM
Technically, Roxas is the Sora clone with a part of Ventus' personality.  :P
People hate Ventus. It's a sad (really neat) thing everyone grew up with Roxas first than his clone.

Neerb

I personally like Ventus. His kind of starts off with a Sora-like personality, but the tragedy that befalls him turns him into a Roxas personality as time goes on, and it's a story that made me feel sorry for him. Roxas may have an even more tragic story, and he has more fandom (unfortunately thanks to Yoai), but frankly I don't have anything against Ventus, and I don't see why anyone would.

Magnum

Actually, that's the reason I liked BBS so much. The characters. From laughing at how terrible Terra is to a fan-boy yelp at Master Spock.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

Quote from: Sin Jecht on January 14, 2011, 11:53:53 PM
Actually, that's the reason I liked BBS so much. The characters. From laughing at how terrible Terra is to a fan-boy yelp at Master Spock.

Master Spock was nice, but I was more excited about Master Ozai/Joker/Luke.

DededeCloneChris

I bought the game. Three hours so far, and I think it's a nice KH spinoff. I like how the leveling system is, and the combinations of techniques. The combination was in BBS, right?

Neerb

The level-up system is more or less new to the series, but the deck-based combat system (what I assume you mean by "combination of techniques") is almost exactly the same as Birth By Sleep. I love that it incorporates magic into combat, like covering your keyblade in ice and then throwing it at an enemy; magic in combat should feel natural and fluid imo, rather than the typical "run over here and cast a spell that takes up half of your magic ammo."

DededeCloneChris

Oh, and I'm amazed SE allowed FF characters to appear in a Nintendo console.

Neerb

Quote from: WaterAdeptChris on January 16, 2011, 03:19:12 PM
Oh, and I'm amazed SE allowed FF characters to appear in a Nintendo console.

Meh; it's just Cloud, and he was already in Chain of Memories.  :P

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Sora on January 16, 2011, 03:36:29 PM
Meh; it's just Cloud, and he was already in Chain of Memories.  :P
You're forgetting more, but let's not get too far with this to avoid giving spoilers.

DededeCloneChris

I got into a roadblock. So please open up the spoiler box if you have completed the game.

[spoiler]I can't get the third ending for the Olympus Illusion in Castle Oblivion. I got the Normal and Alternate Ending, but how do you get the third one?[/spoiler]

EDIT: Never mind, I got it.