News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

PSP2/NGP

Started by Jhen Mohran, January 27, 2011, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhen Mohran

No topic on this yet? You guys are really slow, ze.

The PSP2 (or New Generation Portable as it's codenamed) was just unveiled at Sony's meeting-type-deal, and it's looking pretty spiffy. Dual analog sticks, the usual appeal of fantastic graphics capabilities, a touch screen on the front and a touch screen on the back, six-axis motion controls, and Wi-Fi and 3G capabilities. Some have called it the child of an iPhone and the PSP, but it's looking pretty good. I mean, it's capable of playing Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid 4!

I'm just wondering what the price is going to be, knowing Sony, especially with the 3G feature.

Tupin

The games look pretty good, but while I'm getting a 3DS right away, I'll wait on the NGP (which USED to be the abbreviation for the Neo Geo Pocket).

Sony sure added a lot of stuff with this one, but time will tell if they back it up with games. They seem to have a problem of selling the features of a system, not the actual games.

What will determine their success is which ever one is easiest to develop for.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Custom

i don't care simply because i'm not going to be able to afford it any time soon and the PSP doesn't have enough games to make me want it before the 3DS

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Silverhawk79

It's going to be minimum $399, guarantee it.

Custom

Quote from: Culex on January 27, 2011, 09:38:20 PM
It's going to be minimum $399, guarantee it.

I don't know if sony is that insane
my guess was $350 only because it's a handheld. But yeah, for what you're getting the price should be pretty high up there. But poop, who is going to buy a $400 psp? that's some crazy poop right there

also ngp = no games portable. thank you #nyanya for helping me realize this brilliant acronym's true meaning

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

3G Wireless, Two touch screens, HD Graphics etc etc? Definitely gonna be up at the 400 dollar range.

I think the back-side touch screen they showed with Uncharted looked retarded.

Neerb

What exactly is the rear touchpad for?

The Riddler

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Neerb on January 28, 2011, 10:57:02 AM
Making you intercourse  up while playing games.

SkyMyl

Meh. Uncharted Portable is cool, but meh.

Quote from: Neerb on January 28, 2011, 10:57:02 AM
Casuals, gimmick, or an excuse to bump the price up even more.

Cornwad

If it's above $400 there's no way I'm going to get it. It looks cool, but so far all of the games for it are just smaller versions of games already on the PS3.

Turok

Sooo, I need to wait for the NGPC for color, right?

I just got a PSP so I'll wait a good long while to pick this up, namely after I know what the battery is like and it's in the 200-250 range. And to everyone who was making fun of PSPgo buyers, Sony is trying to add every noteworthy PSP title to the PSN for the NGP's launch. (Well, real word they used was "every" but that ain't happening)

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

FruitFlow

All I can say is that it has a really neat and slick design.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."