News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Pixar

Started by Neerb, February 06, 2011, 11:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Hmm... this board's still here...

So, what's your favorite Pixar movie? I think they're all good, but my favorites are Monsters, Inc. and The Incredibles (although I've grown less fond of Incredibles since it keeps showing up on tv).

Also, discussing the future: 2011 will see the release of Cars 2, which will be a secret agent movie (trailers are on youtube), and Pixar will add to the already colossal movie schedule in 2012 by releasing two movies in the same year for the first time ever: Brave (about some Scottish princess who wants to be a warrior) and Monsters, Inc. 2.

Shujinco2

I think Wall-E or Up were my favorites. Wall-E was very metaphorical, and stunning; Up was epic and funny.

Honestly, I think Cars 2 will be not only Pixar's worst movie, but it's only BAD one. Before, Pixar has made ok movies at WORST: namely Ratatoullie and A Bug's Life. Everything else has been great, or even fantastic. But Cars 2 seems more like a Disney concept, and not a PIXAR concept. It's not even an appealing concept, like all their other movies have been.

And Monster's Inc. 2 sounds iffy as well, but since we don't have any info besides just the sequel, I guess it could turn out great.

Kayo

I loved Up. Cars was ok, but definitely behind most of the others. It just never appealed to me much.

Monsters Inc was okay too, but let's see if they ruin the sequel. Just like what happened to Shrek. IMO, each new Shrek movie got worse and worse. Haters gonna hate.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Wall-E and intercourse ing Toy Story

I didn't like Cars and Cars 2 is probably going to be complete poop but okay.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Chris8492

Any Sequel cant beat the original.

Shujinco2

Neerb

Quote from: Ice on February 07, 2011, 11:12:26 AM
Any Sequel cant beat the original.

Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Two Towers
Return of the King
The Empire Strikes Back
The Dark Knight
Spider-man 2
X2: X-Men United

It's not really THAT uncommon of an occurrence; we just didn't like Cars to begin with.

Custom

Quote from: Neerb on February 07, 2011, 03:15:39 PM
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
Two Towers
Return of the King
The Empire Strikes Back
The Dark Knight
Spider-man 2
X2: X-Men United

It's not really THAT uncommon of an occurrence; we just didn't like Cars to begin with.

toy story 2 wasn't better than toy story
also terminator 2

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

I thought Toy Story was better than Toy Story 2 also.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Fine, but Toy Story 2 was still a great sequel. Also, yes, definitely add T2 to the list.

Zero

Toy Story, but to be fair I've seen every Pixar movie(like everyone should) and every last one is easily the best animated film the year it was released.

For those of you saying Cars 2 will be poop you do realize this is...PIXAR...right? The day they put out a bad movie is the day the world ends, so brace yourself, I guess.

Nayrman

Well, Cars was very MEH. It wasn't bad per say but it was meh and easily the worst Pixar has ever done. And I never have hope for sequels. EVER. Until I've seen the thing and can verify it is good, I assume sequels are bad. So yeah, a sequel to a very meh movie. I hold no hopes for it.

Zero

I thought Cars was charming, but if I was forced to throw a movie at the bottom of the Pixar list then yeah, it'd be it.

The Riddler

I've seen every Pixar film and short film (that I know of) and they have yet to make something I didn't like.

This may not make sense: Toy Story is my favorite, but I think Toy Story 3 was better.

The four best movies from Pixar were Up, Wall-E, Toy Story 3, and Toy Story.
Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo are close backups.
Underrated Pixar films are Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life and The Incredibles.
Cars wasn't the best, but by no means was it bad. And considering they're Pixar (they know what's good and what's not), I don't expect Cars 2 to be bad. They'll probably change what was disliked about Cars and make it much better.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on February 28, 2011, 09:53:34 PM
I've seen every Pixar film and short film (that I know of) and they have yet to make something I didn't like.

This may not make sense: Toy Story is my favorite, but I think Toy Story 3 was better.

The four best movies from Pixar were Up, Wall-E, Toy Story 3, and Toy Story.
Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo are close backups.
Underrated Pixar films are Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life and The Incredibles.
Cars wasn't the best, but by no means was it bad. And considering they're Pixar (they know what's good and what's not), I don't expect Cars 2 to be bad. They'll probably change what was disliked about Cars and make it much better.
I personally didn't like TS2 as much as any of their other movies. It wasn't bad, but it really wasn't terribly memorable. A Bug's Life was pretty cool, though.