News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

NSFCD's Unova Log

Started by Nayrman, March 06, 2011, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FruitFlow

Can the evolution stones only be bought from Black City, or does White Forest also have them?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 16, 2011, 09:05:45 AM
Can the evolution stones only be bought from Black City, or does White Forest also have them?
You find them randomly on the ground somewhere or something. I don't know but they're there.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on May 16, 2011, 11:42:41 AM
You find them randomly on the ground somewhere or something. I don't know but they're there.
I can put the stones on hold for now, but what I really need are King's Rocks.
So far I've only found 3 with the Pick Up ability.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 16, 2011, 01:05:10 PM
I can put the stones on hold for now, but what I really need are King's Rocks.
So far I've only found 3 with the Pick Up ability.
How many do you need? Only Slowpoke and Poliwhirl need them to evolve.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on May 16, 2011, 01:27:03 PM
How many do you need? Only Slowpoke and Poliwhirl need them to evolve.
I plan to EV tame a few Politoeds, but I'm not certain how many I'll need.
I want each Politoed to serve a different role for each of my different teams.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 16, 2011, 02:57:56 PM
I plan to EV tame a few Politoeds, but I'm not certain how many I'll need.
I want each Politoed to serve a different role for each of my different teams.
Politoed isn't even good, except for Drizzle. How many could you possibly need?
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on May 16, 2011, 06:03:27 PM
Politoed isn't even good, except for Drizzle. How many could you possibly need?
Politoed isn't that bad.
While I do admit its movepool is a bit shallow it does have decent bulk/Sp. Attack which can be in good use if raised the "proper" way.
Water Absorb is unique, and Damp is also a useful ability competitive wise thanks to SDers running loose. (Even though Explosion was nerfed this Gen)

It can't run offensive and support simultaneously, and that's why I want to EV tame more than just one or two.
Each with different abilities too.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 17, 2011, 08:12:53 AM
Politoed isn't that bad.
While I do admit its movepool is a bit shallow it does have decent bulk/Sp. Attack which can be in good use if raised the "proper" way.
Water Absorb is unique, and Damp is also a useful ability competitive wise thanks to SDers running loose. (Even though Explosion was nerfed this Gen)

It can't run offensive and support simultaneously, and that's why I want to EV tame more than just one or two.
Each with different abilities too.
Yeah but there are so many things better than Politoed. It's not BAD, it's just worse than nearly everything else.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on May 17, 2011, 03:42:21 PM
Yeah but there are so many things better than Politoed. It's not BAD, it's just worse than nearly everything else.
That's literally another way of saying it's bad.

Kayo

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on May 17, 2011, 03:53:58 PM
That's literally another way of saying it's bad.
It's better than Luvdisc.

But it's relatively terrible.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Luvdisc can sweep in rain with Smeargle support.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 17, 2011, 04:19:48 PM
Luvdisc can sweep in rain with Smeargle support.
Anything that requires a poopton of Baton Passed boosts plus weather to be useful isn't good. Especially because Kingdra can sweep even harder in the rain with Smeargle support. And Kingdra can do it without Smeargle. Hell, without rain, even.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on May 17, 2011, 06:43:11 PM
Anything that requires a poopton of Baton Passed boosts plus weather to be useful isn't good. Especially because Kingdra can sweep even harder in the rain with Smeargle support. And Kingdra can do it without Smeargle. Hell, without rain, even.
I agree. In fact, the real reason Kingdra is so good right now is due to the fact that it has access to DD.
After about 1-2 (or 3?) DDs it can practically sweep an entire team with Outrage/Waterfall thanks to its balanced base stats and amazing resistances.
Without DD it would be a "Decent, yet other Dragons do it better" type of pokemon, but not useless as it still has the option to go for a Special set.

It also seems to have a much wider choice since its Special movepool has more type coverage than the Physical movepool.
I guess Modest/Timid or Adamant/Jolly would be the only reasonable natures on it because you obviously won't be going mixed, and it really cannot afford any drops in the defenses.

But overall that Kingdra has been and always will be awesome. Because...well...it's an aquatic creature that's also a real dragon.
How awesome is that.

Kayo

Quote from: FruitFlow on May 19, 2011, 09:16:45 PM
I agree. In fact, the real reason Kingdra is so good right now is due to the fact that it has access to DD.
After about 1-2 (or 3?) DDs it can practically sweep an entire team with Outrage/Waterfall thanks to its balanced base stats and amazing resistances.
Without DD it would be a "Decent, yet other Dragons do it better" type of pokemon, but not useless as it still has the option to go for a Special set.

It also seems to have a much wider choice since its Special movepool has more type coverage than the Physical movepool.
I guess Modest/Timid or Adamant/Jolly would be the only reasonable natures on it because you obviously won't be going mixed, and it really cannot afford any drops in the defenses.

But overall that Kingdra has been and always will be awesome. Because...well...it's an aquatic creature that's also a real dragon.
How awesome is that.
What? Kingdra is okay mixed. Drop a defense and throw in Draco Meteor or Ice Beam/Blizzard. It seriously works.

I use Outrage/DD/Waterfall/Draco Meteor on my Kingdra. Works like a charm.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

It's Summer! Now is a good time to go to Undella Town.