News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White: Trapping glitch.

Started by Kayo, May 28, 2011, 07:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

You know these trap glitches... something happens and you're trapped. Nothing was your fault, but now the only thing you can do is turn off your game and lose your unsaved data. It happened in Donkey Kong Country 3, and it happened again.... in what SHOULD HAVE BEEN a much more advanced game. Here's the lowdown:

-Nimbasa City, Big Stadium. It's American Football on Saturday.
-Send level 34 Palpitoad out against level 66 Darmanitan (just for kicks).
-Attempt to attack
-Get hit by Hammer Arm
-HP lands on 1.
-Palpitoad fainted!
-It drops off the screen like anything would while fainting, but the HP bar stays up.
-From here is where I grabbed my camera and started filming. I'M TRAPPED. And oh god, when did I save? Before I caught this intercourse ing Palpitoad (filling Pokedex okay? ;-;)

I for one am shocked such a destructive glitch was found in this game. Don't think anything this bad has happened since the Thunderbolt glitch in Ruby/Sapphire (Using the move Thunderbolt, on rare occasions, caused the game to freeze--this has happened to me).

Discuss.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

That derping thingie causes glitches? Hilarious.

FruitFlow

There's also another trapping glitch with Sky Drop.
Except that one can be abused.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Kayo

Haven't tested this for a second shot.... think I might. Next time the conditions are the same (Football day in Big Stadium, guy with Darmanitan is there) and I have another Palpitoad since I just evolved mine, I'll try to see if it works again. This time I'll video tape the glitch actually happening; I only managed to get the aftermath so far.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]