Previous topic - Next topic

Bearissoslow

trolling is doing something like talking about how gay everyone here is

so yes i'm trolling ban me

Tahrann

Quote from: Bearissoslow on July 07, 2011, 01:52:13 PM
trolling is doing something like talking about how gay everyone here is

so yes i'm trolling ban me

Only the trolls who are horrible at trolling admit they are trolling.

On topic, I just want more characters, the gameplay was fine imo.
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Bearissoslow

Quote from: Tahrann on July 07, 2011, 02:20:56 PM
Only the trolls who are horrible at trolling admit they are trolling.

On topic, I just want more characters, the gameplay was fine imo.

you intercourse ing troll

Tahrann

Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

FruitFlow

Adventure Mode was by far the best single player option compared to SSE.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on July 07, 2011, 01:41:45 PM
I agree with you except for the "horrible" part. I encourage the idea of making a story by connecting game levels into one another.

The issue will be making a story out of that, though.

It's not so much the "story" aspect of just having a very good single player. I think for Brawl Sakurai confused single player mode for story somewhere along development lines. Adventure in Melee was a glimpse of what it could be. I don't think there's really a way to make a story work for Smash. Some series could connect fine (such as Zelda and Fire Emblem, or Star Fox and F-Zero) all together it simply won't ever work right. And it showed in SSE. Especially difficult considering Nintendo almost never lets their characters talk in game...

Super

Neerb

Quote from: Super on July 07, 2011, 05:55:59 PM
Crossovers never make any sense.

Bull; Jetsons meet the Flintstones made so much sense it blew my mind.

Kayo

I'm honestly not expecting a great single-player mode on Smash 4. If we get a good one I'll be surprised but happy.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on July 07, 2011, 07:05:38 PM
I'm honestly not expecting a great single-player mode on Smash 4. If we get a good one I'll be surprised but happy.

WHICH Smash 4? Remember, we're getting Wii U and 3DS, and Nintendo said they want to give people a reason to buy both. Which brings up a good question: which of the two upcoming games do you guys think MOST needs a good single player mode?

I think 3DS needs a greater single player focus. Granted, it's portable, and with any luck will have Download Play, but think about it: would it be more friend-efficient to have one $300 console that everyone plays on, or do you really want to force 4 people to purchase $250 controllers? I for one have gotten WAY more multiplayer time from my Wii than I have from my DS for this very reason, and I don't think this concept will be changing any time soon.

Furthermore, I generally have more options when I'm using a home console; the portables get the most hours into them on car trips and vacations when they're the only gaming options available.

For these two reasons, I think that Super Smash Bros 3DS should get the most focus on single player between the two games. Of course, multiplayer quality shouldn't be sacrificed under any circumstances, and I definitely wouldn't mind if BOTH consoles got decent single player.

JrDude

SSE was a good idea in theory. There are ways to make it work, but in order for it to satisfy more, it would basically have to be it's own game. Explaining more than I did will be fan-fictiony and I doubt it will happen the way I would explain it.

But something that could be cool. An "Adventure Mode" AND a "Subspace Emmisary"
By that I mean, maybe call adventure mode something else, but have the same concept. You're somehow in another character's world and you have to do some type of mini game to beat the level, then fight a character or 2 or 30 from that series.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

A good story mode like 1-player game would completely make the game. I mean I looked at SSE like an extra, even though it SHOULD be much more than that. Having a GREAT AND AMAZING single player mode, in addition to an awesome multiplayer mode SSB is famous for, it would make it a truly fantastic game.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Bearissoslow

Quote from: FruitFlow on July 07, 2011, 03:08:19 PM
Adventure Mode was by far the best single player option compared to SSE.

nigga speaks the truth; SSE intercourse ing ruined Brawl

RX-78-2

Quote from: JrDude 益 on July 07, 2011, 03:06:32 AM
Jiggle physics.
Also more Subspace Emissary. Even if SSE sucked (I don't think it did but a lot of people do), it was a good idea in theory. Though I want all characters to be in the story it is gonna try to have.

What might be cool is a special SSB only character. Kinda like Master Hand except intentionally playable and not ever used in a Kirby game's future.
I don't think SSE was that bad either. Sure it was weird, but the enemies were oftentimes so freaky that I liked them. The story could've been more coherent, but I'm not expecting anything profound from Nintendo--that is, in an SSB game.

That SSB only character is actually a great idea though. My friend actually modded/hacked/whatever his SSBM so that he could play as Master Hand and Crazy Hand. It mostly worked too, which was really cool. Maybe this special character could be like the previously anticipated wire frames...?

Quote from: Neerb on July 07, 2011, 08:07:06 AM
Random tripping MUST LEAVE.
Seconded. That's one thing I had in mind when asking about removals and fixes.

Quote from: Nayrman on July 07, 2011, 05:47:50 PM
It's not so much the "story" aspect of just having a very good single player. I think for Brawl Sakurai confused single player mode for story somewhere along development lines. Adventure in Melee was a glimpse of what it could be. I don't think there's really a way to make a story work for Smash. Some series could connect fine (such as Zelda and Fire Emblem, or Star Fox and F-Zero) all together it simply won't ever work right. And it showed in SSE. Especially difficult considering Nintendo almost never lets their characters talk in game...
What you said about connecting the Zelda and Fire Emblem series (and Star Fox and F-Zero) gave me an idea. The developers could connect the universes of certain series as aforementioned and there could be many separate storylines to the single player mode. Alternatively, there could be separate storylines for each character similar to the Soul Calibur series. Yet another alternative would be to have a generic martial arts tournament, but I'm not sure that many people would prefer something like that.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Bearissoslow

QuoteYet another alternative would be to have a generic martial arts tournament, but I'm not sure that many people would prefer something like that.

okay let's be honest and not hide behind the thousands of facades that you do: do you know what the term "martial-arts" means because if you say yes you clearly are lying to me